Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Coffee 

Post Coffee
I stopped drinking coffee 10 days ago. My general pelvic pain is now less, and I am emptying my bladder better. I know it won't be a cure but this small change has made my life better. I hope it continues.

Also, I am taking a supplement - L-Arginine. It is an amino acid, good for increasing nitric oxide, which is supposed to improve prostate symptoms.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:23 pm

Post Re: Coffee
racebannon wrote:
I stopped drinking coffee 10 days ago. My general pelvic pain is now less, and I am emptying my bladder better. I know it won't be a cure but this small change has made my life better. I hope it continues.

Also, I am taking a supplement - L-Arginine. It is an amino acid, good for increasing nitric oxide, which is supposed to improve prostate symptoms.

Coffee also aggravates my prostate, it's well known that when you have prostate issues that caffeine, alcohol and sugar foods can flare the prostate up. I drink probiotic drinks twice a day and don't get too much pain.

Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:21 pm

aside from what prostateman mentioned, add pepper, and some other spicy foods as well as acidic foods to avoid.

you may want to add N Acetyl Cysteine to your prostate supplement, there are clinical trials that proves it's effectivity in managing the symptoms of prostatitis.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:53 am

Thank you

I will avoid those foods and look into that supplement. Do you or anyone have any thoughts on lemon juice? Apparently it's not acidic once it's absorbed in the body, maybe I will have to test by trial and error.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:01 pm

racebannon wrote:
Thank you

I will avoid those foods and look into that supplement. Do you or anyone have any thoughts on lemon juice? Apparently it's not acidic once it's absorbed in the body, maybe I will have to test by trial and error.

I react to lemon juice and especially with apple cider vinegar

Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:12 am

I remember reading about an old ex military guy who just stopped drinking coffee and his symptoms went away.

Triggers for me: Chillis, pickles, lemon juice, vinegar, lime juice, cooked tomatoes, caffeine. I am not sure if it is the prostate or bladder anymore. At least I don't get the pelvic pain thing much anymore.

Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]