Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Update on some supps 

Post Update on some supps
Hi,

I've posted allot here in past but kinda lost where I left things. my prostatitis symptoms came back very hard last December and they weren't leaving me. I started pelvic floor therapy and the thing got worth with more pain in the pelvic floor, and pain during and after ejaculations, however, lower back pain was gone. after some time, urinary discomfort started and would get worth after defecating. Sometime after this, I started getting some pain over pubic bone which would radiate to genitals and pelvic floor. attending few session in the gym, I started getting really horrible pain in my lower back. Fast forward few weeks I was in a point that I could hardly stand up with pain in my lower back, pelvic floor, pain over pubic bone which slowly started to move up in my upper abdomen. moreover, I was getting itching and allot of soreness in the urethra.

I am currently not as bad as then, and I think the following might be some help

- At its worth I found Ashwagandha to take the edge of the anxiety related to the pain. (reduced the yellowness in semen)
- Quercetin/peppermint oil/osteopathy/ didn't really do much for me
- I found that taking meat would aggravate the pain in the abdomen and pain after defecation
- alpha blockers were a great relief but couldn't take them for long as they made me too tired and gave me some concentration issues.
- I had started drinking a can of diet coke for few months since the pain had aggravated and I think the caffeine here really added to the discomfort, and it could be a key factor.
-The weather has also gotten warmer in past 2 months and I think that also has helped me in feeling less pain than two months ago. as this has been the case and routine more or less in past 4 years. where I get worth in December and start feeling less pain around summer times
- I started taking Elavil but stopped after two days as I couldn't stand the side effects
- recently I took the supplement prosta-Q. at that time i had some sensation of soreness in urethra and the need for urination which slightly got sloveld by prostate-Q but this supplement make me extremely tired so I stopped

Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:35 pm

Post Re: Update on some supps
Yeah, ashwagandha is pretty awesome, relaxing and has anti inflammatory properties, so something that is good to try for chronic prostatitis. I looked into it and the ksm66 ashwagandha is a bit better/ more concentrated. I've been taking it for a few months now.

Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]