Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Apparently this is a common problem 

Post Re: Apparently this is a common problem
Doc gave me 14 days worth. I'm on day 8 and this stuff makes me feel like absolute crap. Not sure I'm going to finish it.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:42 pm

Omg, I'm not sure if it's the moxi or what but my prostate is KILLING ME TODAY. Anyone else have this with moxi. This is as bad as it has ever been.

Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:45 pm

No reason moxi should increase your symptoms, I doubt it's related.

Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:37 am

Agreed...i doubt your issues are a result of moxi and probably a good indication that moxi isnt working for you...sorry

Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:35 pm

Ok, I have something to report. After the moxi had me feeling horrible I decided that maybe the abx route might not actually heal me. I went and saw my hormone doc and he took blood. He called me and told me my estrogen and e2 levels along with vitamin d were all at bad levels. He put me on exemestane and vitamin d. I started taking everything 5 days ago and my symptoms have been a 0/10 for the past 5 days. I'm excited and hope maybe this horrible issue was a horomone problem all along. Will continue to update my progress.

Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:29 pm

Keep us updated on how this goes please. Im really hoping this works for you.

Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:30 am

Inflamed wrote:
I recently saw my gastroenterologist who was diagnosed with prostate cancer himself. He went on to tell me that through his research, he formed the opinion that prostatitis, and prostate cancer in men can come from oral sex. He said that all it takes is one infection to lead to a chronic cycle of inflammation, since an actual infection is so hard to get rid of once it reaches the prostate. He said that oral sex shouldn't be a thing, and that sexual organs are meant only for other sexual organs, no where else, especially not the mouth.

Maybe we don't have certain species in the urinary system (or they're not strong enough) to fight off other species found in the digestive system? That's what he seemed to think.

After hearing that, oral sex in my book = done. If you think about it, sex / human reproduction was penis, vagina only, nothing else. Combine that with super bacteria floating around due to all the pesticides we eat, and medication, it's no wonder some of us deal with this nightmare. A literal combination of fail.

Anyways, end rant. lol

I always had prostatitis symptoms since 14 years of age. When it got bad at 48 or 49 years old, it was after being celebate -- no sex for 5 or 6 years. MY Symptoms correlate to gut symptoms. I asked several urologists the question of maybe catching this from a sexual encounter, and they laughed at me. I was with a woman for 10 years that had interstitial cycstitis. I thought maybe i got this from her. The docs said no. What is interesting is when my prostatitis symptoms flare, my libidio goes through the roof. sex seems to relieve the pain for a day or 2.

Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:08 pm

The oral sex 'theory' is an easy one to make. But if you even had one class in microbes and did a basic lab culture of bacteria that are found in different places that we are around almost every day, you'd think differently. The bacteria that are usually associated with prostatitis and UTIs, and fungus, are ones you ingest on a most likely regular basis. I have an idea. Why not ask a microbiologist or other scientist, perhaps even a college professor, about it? I don't intend to sound mean or crass, but the information that one assesses their health / condition from is vital to the conclusions drawn.

Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:00 pm

I don't know what got into me. Asking a scientist or professor probably isn't a good idea. Sorry for the suggestion(s). May all go well.

Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4