Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Apparently this is a common problem 

Post Re: Apparently this is a common problem
Single dose azithro is no longer the accepted dosage for myco....it is that dosing that seems to be causing resistance from what i have read. By doctor gave 2 weeks...the moxi was only drug that gave me issues....i began having pain in my achilles and stopped....its been 5 months and my achilles is still very tendor.
I also did 6 weeks of sulpha from previous doctor and 1 monyh of flagyl...nothing seems to help urethra.

Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:52 am

I wanna try the moxi just so in my mind I can cross off mycoplasma even though I have been told getting oral with a condom even though there was a small hole in the comdom would be extremely rare. After that I feel like I can really try and start healing my mind.

Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:35 am

Just got back from the urologist, he would not give me moxi. He did a urethra swab for mycoplasma. Guess we will wait and see

Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:51 pm

Hi again
my biggest problem is that I don't know if I can trust the examination I got of the prostate
although I've made several tests and they say that the STD tests they use today are 100% I get so frustrated when I read things like this (sorry if I make anybody anxious) http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... facts.org/

Here they claim that even checking the prostate for WBC is not enough!? One has to do several prostate massages to do a real check...I don't know who made this "summary". I see some inconsistency in their summary to, like they are not consistent in results questioning how many prostate massages was done when results pointing in their way)

Any comment on that?

Can I even trust the PCR STD tests? Someone people have got positive after 3 tests? Someone got positive from urine and not semen test (why?) (that is of course good that urine is reliable (easier to perform), maybe because it is harder to culture a semen test than use urine PCR?) Some don't have WBC in the EPS but have enterecoccus bacteria (but some people seem to have enterecoccus without problem also..)
I have never tested positive (but most my test were after 8 weeks after exposure, so maybe bacteria had hidden in the prostate!?)

But I have had sex with my wife (stupidly also before I got tested the first times) So, she should be infected as well!? And if so, I have had tests along the whole year and I have had unprotected sex with my wife, then I would get reinfected and at least at one point of my urine test it should have turned positive (last time I had sex 2 weeks prior to testing, and that what's what is considered normal incubation time to take and STD test)
(BTW, my wife doesn't want to take the STD test, she is confident nothing happened and it's kind of emotional for her, so I can't force her...that's stupid.) My wife says she has no problem (but I get very anxious every time she might go to bathroom at night etc, although that would be normal for any person. But I always think the worst and I think some people have STDs and not having symptoms. Women, especially after having children almost always has discharge during the day (so they wouldn't know)
But usually I think an infection of a bacteria in my wife would show in stomach pain, pain in urination or smelly discharge (it's not smelly, I've checked :-) )
Also, I know a guy who says he probably had chlamydia for a year without knowing. It was when his GF complained about pain etc that it got discovered. And He had chlamydia a long time, and it got treated with abx. No problem. No prostatitis. No problem treating hidden bacteria in the prostate. No biofilms? And Chlamydia is supposed to be really wicked. But maybe he was lucky? He is a dad today, so, no problem there either...

It feels hopeless knowing if you have bacterial or non-bacterial prostatitis. Not even the "expert" can agree, how can we sufferers know what to do? I'm not paying 10K for a treatment that I don't know work. + if I don't have any specific bacteria to kill, what abx should I use? Not even the direct injection has 100% cure rate.

Another thing:
I read about (and mailed) the Albanian doctor who treats prostatitis with anal abx + anal heater. I did buy such heater, but I can't get my doctor to prescribe me the abx (just heating did not cure me)
The treatment seems interesting and he says he cures 85 % (that is totally cure!?) He thinks that bacteria is in the colon or in the pelvic muscles and that's why we don't get any from culture EPS?
The hidden bacteria in the prostate seems strange, because it seems when you use the right abx, then many people seem to get well (and not having to use 6 weeks of abx)
http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... =3&theater

Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:46 am

Man, I am in the same boat had sex with my with three months ago unprotected. She just had her gyno visit . They said everything was 100%. I also just ordered a pcr test for mycoplasma. If this test comes back negative I am moving on mentally. I can deal with the pain as long as my wife is ok.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:03 am

I got really anxious yesterday after googling and reading on the net again. :-(
Nothing makes sense. In my twenties I was single and had unprotected sex alot of times (oral too) and I never got this disease.
Maybe I was just lucky? I've never heard of prostatitis until I got it. None of my friends has experienced it. We must have been really unlucky... I mean, there is a lot of blow jobs and unprotected sex every day, so I would have expected more people having prostatitis!?
My timing (my mindset) and my previous history of anxiety (+ all negative tests) points in the direction that for me it could be a psychosomatic thing.
The thing is just that I, like many others here, am chasing the bacteria. I don't trust that I have been fully examined.
And then reading articles from people that say every prostatitis is bacterial...are these guys right or is my andrologist right?
I would say the expert is right!?
I'm going to get my EPS examined again. Now I'm sending it in for culturing. It's not been done becasue the andrologist say I don't have WBC, but can we trust the WBC? I thought so. I read about someone here who had no or little WBC and still got enterecoccus when cultured (this French guy on the Forum who also got a bj and panicked, seems he got better after getting his anxiety down, but still had enterecoccus? so not sure it was from the bj even? How do people get ecoli and enterecoccus from a BJ? Isn't it bacteria from the colon? Maybe if someone have had analsex and then did a BJ after that?Nice) Also, there are alot of people having anal sex unprotected, so I would have expected more prostatitis. Or most people don't react to these pathogens?

Anybody else here that have the same experience? No WBC but had an STD or other bacteria? Because I would really expect WBC to rise if you have an infection? Maybe not if you have an inflammation, but if you have a bacteria that is causing you trouble it would produce visible WBC in your EPS/Semen. Has anybody here got an answer from any experts in this matter? It wouldn't be to hard to do new studies to confirm this.

Maybe not relevant, but I read that inflammation in a muscle does not produce rise in WBC because it is not a real inflammation. Well, the prostate is not a muscle, but if the muscles around the prostate gets inflamed then they would not show WBC either. Maybe that's why antibiotic works if you direct inject also (even if there is not found any bacteria). If abx has anti-inflammatory effect and you get a high concentration in the prostate, it also reaches the surrounding muscles and the body recovers. Just the same as the Albanian doctor, who treats with small amount of abx thru rectum. Just a thought.

It's also strange that according to the Albanian dr, he puts abx up in the rectum and gets good results (85% cure rate, he says totally cure, not just relief)
They say abx don't penetrate the prostate so good. But here it seems the abx do penetrate thru even the mucus membrane!?
If it's true that he has 85% cure rate, isn't that more or the same as direct injections? Then it seems a lot safer.
I'm wondering why there is not more doctors trying this. I'm not going to Albania just jet. I have the heater (cost me about the same as a uro visit) He even have a video showing how to mix the abx + what abx he uses + when and how much. It would have been easy to try, if I just could get the abx. It's pretty strict where I live. I'll see if I get desperate enough, I might jump on a plane, just to get the abx. I would test that before injections for 10K or going to china (risk of getting Hepatitis or something I read about)
It's controversial, but the guy is giving his protocol for free (free to support if anyone want to) This makes him kinda trustworthy. He is not charging 10K and you must not go to his clinic. I mailed him and he answers and he seems sincere and friendly. He can also guide you online (then he wants a contribution of 200 euro, but you could also try for free, just using his protocol that is on his website)
The only problem can be to get the anal heater. The one he recommends is not in production anymore, but I got one from Germany, ordered online.
Sorry, didn't mean to make an advertisment :-) Would have been nice to hear from someone that has actually tried this

Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:47 am

To answer a few of your questions the best I can.

I have never shown WBC in my urine except for a home test. No uro or GP has found Blood in my urine.
I have never tested positive for anything (pending myco pcr test) and have the exact same symptoms you do.
I have read this entire board, for the e-cool and enterococcus, they have found these bacterias in cultures of men without prostasis. This is why my uro is hesitant to do a semen culture.
As for injections: I'm not getting an injection through my anus : forget it. I had staph from an injection in my glute from a doctor. Not taking a chance via the anus.
As for the abx mixed and administered in the anus I'm assuming not a .... that sounds very doable and worth a try.
What I see on this board is that people are getting obsessed with this condition. ( me included) let it dominate our lives read on this board and go crazy thinking they have the new horrible super germ. Most people here seem very intelligent,alpha males and a little OCD. I can tell you this after these myco tests I'm done for a while with worrying about this constantly.

I can tell you this the only time I feel the symptoms is when I'm thinking about them. When I'm with family or friends joking and cutting up I forget all about it. I also do not get symptoms unless I'm sitting, standing completely relieves everything for me.

Hope this helps.
Will get more into this later gotta go to work.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:02 pm

That Albanian screams scam to me dude. Move on.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:34 pm

Hi
yes, maybe the Albanian is hoax (still puts you on 3 weeks of doxy after the 10 day rectal abx)
(But I would consider doing the protocol if I had the abx. I probably would eat horse manure as well if that worked :-)
Injection with a needle via the rectum seems scary. I did Cystoscopy (which didn't reveal anything), I wonder why they don't just shoot some abx with the hose while they're at it?

I see the Albanian has the fastest cure (and rate?) with people who had colon problem or hemorrhoids. I have a friend who had some similar problem, frequency etc (but just a couple of days) went to the doctor and found out he had IBS (So his problem was directly coming from his IBS)
In the beginning when I mostly only felt frequency I had a day when I had stomach pain, I then didn't feel any urinary frequency (maybe the pain in the stomach took over the attention or made me relax the pelvic muscles?) the pain went away after a day and, boom, the urination feeling came back.
My stomach has not been good since the start of this. I'm either constipated and/or have very soft stool (diarrhea) . So there's definitely a connection there. But then again: is it the egg or the hen? (I've been somewhat pessimistic my whole life due to a bad childhood I guess, so that could be a thing too (the pessimism) I overthink and obsess about my health. It Started 10 years ago, I didn't obsess about health problems before. Seems like it got worse after having kids. Started to worry even more)

I wish I could forget about it like you Bigmac77.
Spring last year, I didn't google prostatitis problems. I didn't do any stretches, I didn't do any relaxation. I worried about Sjogrens Syndrom and I worried about lymph cancer. I worried about prostatitis also. I still had some frequency and pain in the pelvis. But the frequency started to get better. I still had red meatus. Went on vacation for 3 weeks at a sunny place and had ache under my rib (as I wrote before) slowly the pain in the pelvis and the frequency subsided during the vacation (what I can remember).
When I got back home I didn't feel much frequency and had no pain. Then as I wrote before, after I checked for cancer and everything was ok, I got the frequency back (I don't remember all how I felt then, but as I remember I could sit in my car without any problem, I even took out the extra seat cushion I had in the car and I definitely could feel the frequency/urgency come back that faithful day at work, when symptoms came back)
If I could only believe it is all a muscle/psychological thing.
My pessimistic brain is analyzing it as:
maybe the antibiotics that I used 5 month earlier started to work during the vacation (me and my wife didn't have much sexlife last spring) and Maybe I got the bacteria back from my wife, as we started to have more sex during the vacation? My meatus was still red-ish. So I thought I was not cured.
I tried to relax, but it didn't help. Again I started googling, got more anxious etc etc....

If I would have been more optimistic I would say it's all in my head.
But it's hard to fix the head if you are not sure you don't have a bacteria up in the pelvis. I've been to a psychiatrist 10 times, but it didn't help me any. As long as I think I still have that bacteria in my pelvis and reading that scary info on the internet says I haven't been properly examined.
Sorry about the self pity ...

Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:10 am

Maybe I can give you a theory that might allow you to move away from the bacterial theory. What if you did have a bacterial infection, and this infection did some damage to the tissues and nerves in the pelvis. The Antibiotics you took have now eliminated the infection, but there is still damage to the tissue in the area as a result of the initial infection. In otherwords, there was a fire in your pelvis caused by a bacteria, the antibiotics acted as the water and put out the fire, but the fire (and maybe the water) left you with damage that needs to be repaired. This is healing is something a properly functional immune and nervous system does in 3 months in most cases for typical tissue injuries. However, If you are constantly telling your brain that you have an infection, than your brain starts to react as if you still have an infection - lots of neuroscience to back this up. The anxiety and obsessiveness just sets your nervous system into crazy-mode which prevents healing and proper function of the pain centers in your brain.

Give this program a try - its easy and quick and might start changing your thinking

http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... omingpain/

Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:01 pm

Hi
Thank you WS1234
I will look in to the TMS. I've been to a psychologist (that didn't help me because I can't let go of the bacteria) and looked at the possibility of TMS. But the bacteria theory always makes me doughtful. As you say in your theory, maybe it was a bacterial infection in the beginning. Then I might have given it to my wife and we ping pong it. So now I never get rid of the bacteria because I can't find it an eliminate it. I get anxious when some say that my tests are not conclusive? It's soooo frustrating. To really believe in TMS I must 100% believe I don't have bacterial prostatitis. I'm a hopeless case...

Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:09 am

Hey skistar...i have been using a condom for 9 months now...the initial positive test for candida and mycoplasma are now negative and my symptoms still persist months after negative results. I continue to use condom just in case.
Finished 6 weeks of doxy last month.....testicle pain, bladder pressure are back...penis head and urethra redness has gotten worse as well.
I dont know what to tell you......going to see infectious disease dr in a few weeks..will keep u posted.

Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:39 am

Im going thru the EXACT same thing skistar....the problem is that we have terrible health anxiety and everything is on a larger scale...I have also been secretly watching my wife this last year looking for anything out of the ordinary....crazy right?....Im much better now mentally I think but its going to always be there especially with us feeling the symptoms(i.e. flare ups).....We start to think about how our lives was before the "blow job" and get frustrated....I really believe in what WS is talking about....I can go on vacation or just hang out, feel no symptoms but as soon as i get home, the symptoms come back....maybe we associate home with the "incident" which causes us to "go back"... I also in the back of mind swear that i gave something to my wife and we keep passing it back to each other but my wife been checked out and is all good...

Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:27 pm

i'll share this with you guys because its kind of funny.

I have been seeing a girl for a month or so, and I was very anxious about getting physical because of this condition. I did tell her about my situation before we got too far along, and she was very understanding and has been very sweet about it. Anyways, I knew a BJ would be on the table eventually, and i was trying to figure out how to say "i don't want a blowjob" without sounding like a wierdo. I talked to my psychologist about it, told her I was worried about having this conversation and that i kind of have "Blowjob PTSD" (which is kind of true actually). She reinforced that every test has shown nothing wrong, I've done everything possible to eliminate a transmittable cause, and that millions of BJs are happening every day with a huge minority causing problems. The best treatment for PTSD is exposure therapy, and as my psychologist put it "this sounds like the funnest possible form of exposure therapy possible - don't avoid blowjobs".

So i didn't, and although i'm still experiencing my normal CPPS discomfort most of the time, the oral sex hasn't caused any further problems.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:46 pm

WS1234....i can totally relate...i dont even want to think about a blow job anymore. The word alone has so many negative feelings towards it that i can honestly say i can go forever without a bj. The thought that this may have all started because of that is so off putting. That being said..i test neg for everything and had numerous issues with testicles before it...so i shouldnt blame bj's. Still dont want one yet..

Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:30 pm

Wow, never thought bout it like that, WS....to think of it, I have not had a blowjob since last year and totally not interested....subconsciously, every time wifey wanted to, I fought way to get out of it....im really traumatized....i don't even wanna watch blow jobs in porn...

Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:08 pm

For now I would say I'm about 90% symptom free for about a week now. Fingers crossed it stays that way. With all my tests coming back negative pending this mycoplasma test. I thinking I'm going to try and move on. Especially since the last three times I have been to the doctor I have had zero WBC in my urine. My only question is has anyone with all negative tests ever passed anything to there wife? If this last test is negative I'm going to start having sex again. Was just wondering if anyone else had any issues.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:53 pm

Guess I'm a glutton for punishment. I miss bjs from my girl. We can't even have unprotected anything without me getting terrible urethritis and then a huge prostate flare up a few days later. I've tested positive for enterococcus and staphylococcus in semen analysis. Apparently enterococcus urinary tract infections are a common thing. We're trying to balance our flora out. Sad thing is, I think I might've passed the enterococcus to her and when we have unprotected sex, I get it right back. I haven't found an antibiotic that will kill it completely, but rocephin sure helps during the acute phase.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:19 pm

Does she ever have any issues?

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:21 pm

Yeah, about 3 years after we started dating she began to have a minor smell down there from time to time. It comes and goes, probably because she's super hygienic about everything. She's also waking up a couple of times per night to urinate (which is probably normal), but she has zero symptoms of any kind other than that.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:59 pm

my wife says she has no problem. When I ask her if she has any problem she gets really frustrated with me. On the weekend 2 weeks ago, we had sex 4 times. I could feel that in my pelvic floor. Last week she has been up peeing once almost every night. Again that could be normal. When I comment on that, we get into a fight. She says she has no problem and thinks I'm psycho to ask her. (she just says she had been drinking more water, hard to sleep etc)
And I can admit it is pretty psycho to check everything I think is abnormal (because of how I feel). That would have been unnoticed if it wasn't because of my own problem. I feel worried every time she says she might have a stomach ache and so on. But why should anything get different after more than 2 years. If she would just agree and go check herself, that would ease my mind. But not even that point will make her change her mind. But, then again, if she truly was infected I would have guessed there would be more ongoing symptoms. But it pushes me to do even more test...I can't just try all the antibiotics. I need to know if I'm infected or what bacteria there is, so I can cure her to.

Anecdote: After my "event" I was really scared I might have gotten an STD, I would feel that my eyes were itching and were more dry (probably anxiety). I thought maybe I had got some bacteria on my hand from constantly looking in my underwear for STD signs and then might have poked it in my eye. 5 weeks after the "event", my 2 year old son got an eye infection. I got really worried that I somehow had infected him (from hugging him etc). I freaked out and later took him to the doctor to check for chlamydia in the eye. The doctor must have thought I was crazy (and I was). I had my own eyes checked too. Now, I of course see that he got it from kindergarten. It was cured with the regular eye drop abx. That is how obsessed I am. And my wife is tired of my obsession. So am I. But what to do?
And 99% of the cases, "the usual is the usual", so to speak. Probably the same with this prostatitis. It's probably not soooo complex as our minds wants it to be.

About BJ, I don't want that either. That's because I feel "dirty". Just the thought of I might have a stealth STD down there turns me of. Not so nice if my wife gets that in her throat...

Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:57 am

Hey Skis,

Sorry to hear about all your trials man. It sounds like your wife probably just doesn't understand what's happening to you, and how debilitating it is, that really sucks. If you want her to get a vaginal culture done, you could approach her from this angle and say something like this:

"Things have been so bad lately, I decided to join a prostatitis support group. One of the specialists there told me that infection has been known to come from the male colon in some cases due to intestinal permeability, or from un-diagnosed diverticuli. This method of infection is akin to a mild form of sepsis since the prostate rests against the Sigmoid wall and subsequently bears the brunt of whatever species makes its way through due to intestinal permeability. In these cases, infection can then be passed on to others via all forms of unprotected sex and transmitted back as well. You need to get a vaginal culture, just to ensure that you don't later end up with pelvic inflammatory disease, which in some cases also stems from unexplained causes."

That will probably do it man, stress that last part. When they run a culture, have then check for whichever species you think might be the cause. Good luck.

Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:38 am

Anyone here have success with moxifloxacian? If so how long did you take it?
Thanks, Mac

Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:37 am

No help with moxi for me...i was on for 3 weeks before i couldnt take the achilles pain anymore and stopped. My achilles is still not right. It was only drug i had a side effect. Its known to be bad for joihts and tendons so be careful.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:44 am

Took it for about 16wks total...felt pretty decent while on it but would come right back a week after I stopped it. Tried it three times with my increasing length each time.

Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next