Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Apparently this is a common problem 

Post Re: Apparently this is a common problem
I have very serious stomach issues myself. I would like to try the bone broth. Are you guys making it your self or are you buying it somewhere. If so can I get a link. This condition is interesting. I used to be a pro level athlete and was a power lifter for the past 12 years. Just stopped training do to injury about 2 years ago. Seems like all this is linked to my issues. I'm assuming being 6'4 345lbs does not help. I also have a job where I sit 50-80 hours a week.
Bigmac77

Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:23 pm

Bigmac77 wrote:
I have very serious stomach issues myself. I would like to try the bone broth. Are you guys making it your self or are you buying it somewhere. If so can I get a link. This condition is interesting. I used to be a pro level athlete and was a power lifter for the past 12 years. Just stopped training do to injury about 2 years ago. Seems like all this is linked to my issues. I'm assuming being 6'4 345lbs does not help. I also have a job where I sit 50-80 hours a week.
Bigmac77

I order mine from either amazon or iherb. The brand is called ancient medicine and they have various flavors to choose from. When I ran out and still waiting for the delivery of my next order, I make my own from an organic chicken bones that I buy from a nearby butcher but I have to boil it for 12 hours so it's kinda time consuming but its worth it. Most prostatitis are a result of a poor gut health and bone broth is excellent in healing the gut and overall health. I just recently finished my 3 day bone broth fast detox and had some amazing result.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:31 am

Hey Yakuh,

Yeah man, my prostatitis is infectious, I am certain of that. Case in point, every time I have unprotected sex with my girl, I get wicked urethritis within about 12 hours. If I let that go for a few days, my prostate blows up. We think it is enterococcus species as that's what my lab result shows. I'm in process of getting her tested as well. Neither of us have any STI's. Rocephin works well but doesn't kill it. I've yet to try any other antibiotics though due to all the gut issues I am dealing with. I want to fix those before going further. Prostate symptoms are tolerable right now, I was even able to quit alpha blockers. I would say that I'm at a 1-2 of 10 on a pain scale. Some days I'm completely pain free. However, my PSA is elevated which still shows signs of infection. I'm 39, and it's 2.7, so high for a guy my age. When I don't have an infection, it's around 1.6. I have bloodwork / labwork that's been before, and after prostatitis to compare.

Diet is about the only thing I can do at this point as bone broth's acidity wrecks my stomach. I'm trying to do a high PH / anti-candida / SCD diet. It takes about a month or so to get everything calmed down and for all the inflammation and immune response to settle down as well.

Doc said I had food allergies from all the abx, and leaky gut. He thinks it is methane sibo that's the primary issue, hence the xifaxan, which helps, but doesn't completely take care of the problem. I don't want to continue taking that, because it's an antibiotic, and it seems unnecessary.

I think If I can just sum up the willpower to stick to this diet, I will be good like you in about 3-6 months. I've just gotta do it, have to force myself, it's tough though, especially when everybody else is eating good stuff around you constantly. lol

Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:43 am

Yakuh,

I forgot to ask, have you noticed any differences in your psa values since before your diet, and now after your diet? Just curious, that would be awesome data to have on record.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:31 pm

Inflamed wrote:
Yakuh,

I forgot to ask, have you noticed any differences in your psa values since before your diet, and now after your diet? Just curious, that would be awesome data to have on record.

My PSA level has always been normal my whole life even during an active infection. My doc says PSA is more of a cancer marker than a prostatitis marker.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:12 pm

I am 13 months in and I must say that time is the healer....i go thru a period of no pain and than have a crazy flare up for about 7 days...i just haven't really figured out what causes it....i just think I'm not healed mentally to be honest...the guilt will always be with you cause you feel the physical pain...plus I think lot more men than we think are having these issues...men just don't talk about this stuff to each other

Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:45 pm

I went through my labwork and I believe I've found an interesting correlation to my PSA values and the hardcore diet that I went on for about a month. Before the diet, my PSA value was 2.8. During the diet and at the tail end, my PSA values dropped down to 2.5, and then 2.4.

During the dieting period, I could tell that the prostatitis symptoms I had began to lessen as I didn't have to take alpha blockers so often.

This definitely makes me think that dysbiosis is a culprit here, at least in my case. I began the diet to correct SIBO with constipation issues, which is usually caused by dysbiosis.

What's also interesting is that if I take Xifaxan, the prostatitis symptoms lessen, the SIBO symptoms lessen, and constipation eases up.

When I am constipated, prostatitis symptoms get worse. I have to take alpha blockers due to prostate inflammation, and there's some rectal burning that occurs when going to the bathroom.

I am thinking that fecal matter sits in the colon too long and aggravates the inner rectal wall. Inflammation of the rectal wall then mechanically pushes on the prostate which inflames that. Maybe permeability of the rectal wall could also breach the prostate lining and the immune response is to fight infection in that regard, which would cause prostate inflammation. I'm not really sure, just theories.

The diet seems to balance out the gut flora, clear up the constipation issue, ease the prostatitis symptoms, and control SIBO. If it does reduce PSA...which seems likely in my case, then maybe that's the key. That would be really cool. However, I do know that PSA tends to jump around on its own though.

I'm about to give it a try again and I'll monitor PSA scores, symptoms, and let you guys know what happens.

Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:43 pm

Just found this! Constipation affects PSA values.

http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... d/22040453

Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:12 pm

Inflamed wrote:
I went through my labwork and I believe I've found an interesting correlation to my PSA values and the hardcore diet that I went on for about a month. Before the diet, my PSA value was 2.8. During the diet and at the tail end, my PSA values dropped down to 2.5, and then 2.4.

During the dieting period, I could tell that the prostatitis symptoms I had began to lessen as I didn't have to take alpha blockers so often.

This definitely makes me think that dysbiosis is a culprit here, at least in my case. I began the diet to correct SIBO with constipation issues, which is usually caused by dysbiosis.

What's also interesting is that if I take Xifaxan, the prostatitis symptoms lessen, the SIBO symptoms lessen, and constipation eases up.

When I am constipated, prostatitis symptoms get worse. I have to take alpha blockers due to prostate inflammation, and there's some rectal burning that occurs when going to the bathroom.

I am thinking that fecal matter sits in the colon too long and aggravates the inner rectal wall. Inflammation of the rectal wall then mechanically pushes on the prostate which inflames that. Maybe permeability of the rectal wall could also breach the prostate lining and the immune response is to fight infection in that regard, which would cause prostate inflammation. I'm not really sure, just theories.

The diet seems to balance out the gut flora, clear up the constipation issue, ease the prostatitis symptoms, and control SIBO. If it does reduce PSA...which seems likely in my case, then maybe that's the key. That would be really cool. However, I do know that PSA tends to jump around on its own though.

I'm about to give it a try again and I'll monitor PSA scores, symptoms, and let you guys know what happens.

I'm glad you're getting positive response with your diet. Tell me what's your diet like? Let me see how hardcore it is :-P
We might be able to modify it further.

Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:38 am

It's restrictive. Basically all I am eating is salads with olive oil, salt and various meats. No fruit, sugars, dairy, soy, eggs, or nuts. I also wanted to weed out foods that I might be allergic to as well, so that kind of took things a step further by eliminating nuts. I'm not eating potatoes, or carrots either, as they convert to sugar and can fuel candida. The diet is also very alkaline, which is also to combat reflux and gastritis.

I can't do bone broth (acidity) or probiotics yet, at least until the gastric inflammations settles down and the SIBO goes away. Probiotics make SIBO worse in my case due to the added hydrogen they produce when stomach acid kills some of them. That fuels the methane producing bacteria and the cycle repeats. Bloating really sucks.

Basically the diet is setup to balance gut flora by starving candida and archaebacteria, while allowing lacto and bifido species to repopulate, at least that was the idea. It seemed to work well, as all my symtoms began to go away, but then the holidays hit and I haven't dieted again since.

Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:27 am

Hello All,
sorry if i "high jack" this thread...
I'm new to this forum, but I've struggled with prostatitis/CPPS for a little over 2 years now.
For me it also started with guilt after a hard night out (I don't get out that often these days) when I drank too much and took a taxi with a woman.
Then I don't remember what happened, but I remember I sat in a taxi alone and said to myself, "what did happen? I didn't even see as much as a breast". I also remember that I told the woman I was married and had children and she then asked me if I shouldn't go home instead? (before or after sex???) The day after I didn't see any "trace" of sexual activity in my dark blue underwear either.
So, that led me to believe I didn't do anything. But I was not 100% sure...That gave me 110% anxiety and guilt.
As I didn't know for sure anything happened and I was devastated I didn't tell my wife. The guilt built up.
My friends kept telling me probably nothing happened. I went on 3 weeks stressed like hell and checking my underwear every hour if I got some fluids etc. After 3 weeks I started to feel the urge to pee more frequently and also felt tightening of the but muscles. I took a chlamydia test = negative. after 5 weeks my pelvic started hurting.(as I was abroad I couldn't take any tests) after 8 weeks I finally told my wife about what happened and I also went to test STD (by this time I was a nervous wreck) it was neg (chlam, myco, gono, HIV) then I took it again =neg. I was devastated, because I was sure it was an STD that could be cured, I had also read about prostatitis and I was scared it was that. It was the irony of fate...I had nightmare before this that I would be unfaithful, and now I lived my worst nightmare!!!
Me and my wife took 5 days of azitromax anyway. but the pain and urinary symptoms persisted. I went to the STD clinic but they would not give me more AB. Said I didn't have an STD. Checked my urethra for WBC. No WBC either.
(I've checked that 3 times during the 2 years) I visited a Urologist who only said I probably have prostatitis from chlamydia? He did a DRE but only said I probably have prostatitis and there is nothing to do (did a swab = negative)
During these 2 years I've taken 8-9 PCR test + 2 swabs for STDs (Trich, ureapl, mycopl (hom + gen), chlam, gono,hiv) nothing came up (1 swab after my own prostate massage + urine after prostate massage) So I should be able to count these out, right!? but after reading all on the web, I'm still not 100% sure!?
I've also checked my prostate at a andrologist who used a color Doppler U/S and he showed me what he meant was calcification and a area where there could have been some activity!? He meant it could have been an older infection. to be sure I had to give a semen test that they checked for WBC. No WBC. No infection.
That 1,5 years ago. I still had problem, so he gave me 3 v of Tarivid. I didn't get any relief after 2 weeks so he didn't think it would help (and I as I didn't have any sign of infection, why stay on AB?)
6 month after the AB I had some other symptoms: itching skin, found a lymph that was hard, night perspiration, pain under my left rib. I thought I had cancer or something. That took the focus away from the urgency and pain in the pelvis. I was on vacation and the prostatitis was reduced 90%. Then I checked my intestines for cancer and everything was ok. I relaxed.And all my muscular pain under my ribs etc went away over night. BUT, then a day later I was sitting at the desk at my job and I could suddenly feel the old urgency feeling coming back again. I could do nothing about it. I tried to relax, but the prostatitis was back...and has been back since (that was one year ago)
This spring I revisited my andrologist and he has checked my sperm twice (once after prostate massage, there came a lot fluid :-)) and still no WBC. He has also checked my prostate and finds nothing.He says it's no use to cultivate if there is no WBC (makes sence!?). And he says there always will be WBC shown if there is an infection..!?
ALL IS GOOD!? or not. My symptoms still persists. The frequency still is in the background (I usually don't need to go more than every 3 hrs though)
pain in my right buttock, pain can get worse after bowel movement and/or voiding. burning in the pelvic muscles? after bowel movement/voiding. tens buttock muscles. Some dribbling (have to wipe twice). My urine smells sweet (maybe normal?) I think my urine always makes foam if I stand up and pee. My meatus + sometimes the head + foreskin looks more red since I got "prostatitis/CPPS"
A year ago my PSA was 1,1 and now in may it was 1,8.

So is this an infection or is this inflammation without infection (feels like inflammation anyway)?

NO WBC in sperm both before and after prostate massage point in the direction of CPPS (also according to Wise-Anderson)
What bothers me is:
1) the red-ish meatus (looks a little more red than before),
2) PSA=1,8
3) and my urine that foams.

possible answers?
1)I see there are many guys with and without prostatitis/CPPS that have red-ish meatus. And I've checked mine for WBC and it is no unspecific uretrithis. So my guess is that it has something to do with the nerves or muscles getting inflamed in the pelvic area. But not necessarily bacterial.

2) Before my last PSA test I had been sitting all day and also rode a bicycle (that aggravated my pelvis). perhaps that made the PSA higher? But as I understand the PSA should be below 1 normally? But if I have inflamed muscles in the pelvis, maybe that could contribute as well?

3) there are a lot of people that have foamy urine (also without CPPS/prostatitis). I have checked my kidney and my urine + blood for all and there's nothing according to my doctor. He just laughs at me. But I think it has something to do with prostatitis/CPPS. Bacteria? or could it be the pressure from the pelvic muscles making the prostate and/or seminal bags let out some fluid/sperm (egg white protein)?

My prostate was 26 cc and then 24 cc (The normal prostate size for an adult male ranges from 15 cubic centimeters, or 0.9 cubic inch, to 30 cubic centimeters, or 1.8 cubic inches, according to the Urological Research Foundation in Hillsboro, Missouri.) so, seems like I have a larger prostate than most. One urologist and my andrologist says my prostate is not boggy at all and it is normal (not enlarged) after DRE.

So, I have had no tests that really shows I have an infection!? I could have had calcification even before my event!? Seems alot of men have calcification and scars in the prostate (if you have had some partners over the years. Infact my andrologist who claim I have prostadynia says he would have expected me to have more scars in my prostate. I'm 44 years old)
Was my onset to prostatitis psycological or bacterial? I had alot of stress symptoms before I got prostatitis and the situation was the most stressful I ever experienced (can't forgive myself completely) I don't even know if I had sex. What a miserable way to get prostatitis...

PS. My stress levels has been so high I also thought I had Sjogrens syndrom for awhile (dry mouth, dry eyes etc) Had that checked but I don't have it (checked ANA ALA etc, no such)

Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:06 pm

skistar wrote:
Hello All,
sorry if i "high jack" this thread...
I'm new to this forum, but I've struggled with prostatitis/CPPS for a little over 2 years now.
For me it also started with guilt after a hard night out (I don't get out that often these days) when I drank too much and took a taxi with a woman.
Then I don't remember what happened, but I remember I sat in a taxi alone and said to myself, "what did happen? I didn't even see as much as a breast". I also remember that I told the woman I was married and had children and she then asked me if I shouldn't go home instead? (before or after sex???) The day after I didn't see any "trace" of sexual activity in my dark blue underwear either.
So, that led me to believe I didn't do anything. But I was not 100% sure...That gave me 110% anxiety and guilt.
As I didn't know for sure anything happened and I was devastated I didn't tell my wife. The guilt built up.
My friends kept telling me probably nothing happened. I went on 3 weeks stressed like hell and checking my underwear every hour if I got some fluids etc. After 3 weeks I started to feel the urge to pee more frequently and also felt tightening of the but muscles. I took a chlamydia test = negative. after 5 weeks my pelvic started hurting.(as I was abroad I couldn't take any tests) after 8 weeks I finally told my wife about what happened and I also went to test STD (by this time I was a nervous wreck) it was neg (chlam, myco, gono, HIV) then I took it again =neg. I was devastated, because I was sure it was an STD that could be cured, I had also read about prostatitis and I was scared it was that. It was the irony of fate...I had nightmare before this that I would be unfaithful, and now I lived my worst nightmare!!!
Me and my wife took 5 days of azitromax anyway. but the pain and urinary symptoms persisted. I went to the STD clinic but they would not give me more AB. Said I didn't have an STD. Checked my urethra for WBC. No WBC either.
(I've checked that 3 times during the 2 years) I visited a Urologist who only said I probably have prostatitis from chlamydia? He did a DRE but only said I probably have prostatitis and there is nothing to do (did a swab = negative)
During these 2 years I've taken 8-9 PCR test + 2 swabs for STDs (Trich, ureapl, mycopl (hom + gen), chlam, gono,hiv) nothing came up (1 swab after my own prostate massage + urine after prostate massage) So I should be able to count these out, right!? but after reading all on the web, I'm still not 100% sure!?
I've also checked my prostate at a andrologist who used a color Doppler U/S and he showed me what he meant was calcification and a area where there could have been some activity!? He meant it could have been an older infection. to be sure I had to give a semen test that they checked for WBC. No WBC. No infection.
That 1,5 years ago. I still had problem, so he gave me 3 v of Tarivid. I didn't get any relief after 2 weeks so he didn't think it would help (and I as I didn't have any sign of infection, why stay on AB?)
6 month after the AB I had some other symptoms: itching skin, found a lymph that was hard, night perspiration, pain under my left rib. I thought I had cancer or something. That took the focus away from the urgency and pain in the pelvis. I was on vacation and the prostatitis was reduced 90%. Then I checked my intestines for cancer and everything was ok. I relaxed.And all my muscular pain under my ribs etc went away over night. BUT, then a day later I was sitting at the desk at my job and I could suddenly feel the old urgency feeling coming back again. I could do nothing about it. I tried to relax, but the prostatitis was back...and has been back since (that was one year ago)
This spring I revisited my andrologist and he has checked my sperm twice (once after prostate massage, there came a lot fluid :-)) and still no WBC. He has also checked my prostate and finds nothing.He says it's no use to cultivate if there is no WBC (makes sence!?). And he says there always will be WBC shown if there is an infection..!?
ALL IS GOOD!? or not. My symptoms still persists. The frequency still is in the background (I usually don't need to go more than every 3 hrs though)
pain in my right buttock, pain can get worse after bowel movement and/or voiding. burning in the pelvic muscles? after bowel movement/voiding. tens buttock muscles. Some dribbling (have to wipe twice). My urine smells sweet (maybe normal?) I think my urine always makes foam if I stand up and pee. My meatus + sometimes the head + foreskin looks more red since I got "prostatitis/CPPS"
A year ago my PSA was 1,1 and now in may it was 1,8.

So is this an infection or is this inflammation without infection (feels like inflammation anyway)?

NO WBC in sperm both before and after prostate massage point in the direction of CPPS (also according to Wise-Anderson)
What bothers me is:
1) the red-ish meatus (looks a little more red than before),
2) PSA=1,8
3) and my urine that foams.

possible answers?
1)I see there are many guys with and without prostatitis/CPPS that have red-ish meatus. And I've checked mine for WBC and it is no unspecific uretrithis. So my guess is that it has something to do with the nerves or muscles getting inflamed in the pelvic area. But not necessarily bacterial.

2) Before my last PSA test I had been sitting all day and also rode a bicycle (that aggravated my pelvis). perhaps that made the PSA higher? But as I understand the PSA should be below 1 normally? But if I have inflamed muscles in the pelvis, maybe that could contribute as well?

3) there are a lot of people that have foamy urine (also without CPPS/prostatitis). I have checked my kidney and my urine + blood for all and there's nothing according to my doctor. He just laughs at me. But I think it has something to do with prostatitis/CPPS. Bacteria? or could it be the pressure from the pelvic muscles making the prostate and/or seminal bags let out some fluid/sperm (egg white protein)?

My prostate was 26 cc and then 24 cc (The normal prostate size for an adult male ranges from 15 cubic centimeters, or 0.9 cubic inch, to 30 cubic centimeters, or 1.8 cubic inches, according to the Urological Research Foundation in Hillsboro, Missouri.) so, seems like I have a larger prostate than most. One urologist and my andrologist says my prostate is not boggy at all and it is normal (not enlarged) after DRE.

So, I have had no tests that really shows I have an infection!? I could have had calcification even before my event!? Seems alot of men have calcification and scars in the prostate (if you have had some partners over the years. Infact my andrologist who claim I have prostadynia says he would have expected me to have more scars in my prostate. I'm 44 years old)
Was my onset to prostatitis psycological or bacterial? I had alot of stress symptoms before I got prostatitis and the situation was the most stressful I ever experienced (can't forgive myself completely) I don't even know if I had sex. What a miserable way to get prostatitis...

PS. My stress levels has been so high I also thought I had Sjogrens syndrom for awhile (dry mouth, dry eyes etc) Had that checked but I don't have it (checked ANA ALA etc, no such)

If after all the lab tests that you have done came back negative for any pathogen then It's about time to explore treatments for non-bacterial prostatitis. Look for other possible cause like neuro muscular\pelvic muscle floor dysfunction, autoimmune, sacro-iliac joint issue, nerve entrapment etc. A good PT who has knowledge with pelvic floor muscles might be able to help you. I also suggests you to look for a knowledgeable naturopath doctor who can recommend you with different herbal remedies to manage your symptoms.

Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:21 pm

Hi skistar, i am in similar boat as you as it was 3 weeks after oral that the symptoms started. I wont go into huge details as i have detailed my experience in my thread but i also have red, swollen meatus and red penis head. I test negative for everything as well. Had mycoplasma originally but tests since then are neg and symptoms still persist.
My urine has always been foamy...even before i ever had sex. Doctor said some people have foamy pee, especially those who stand alot. I always thought it was excess protein. My pee does have small specks floating in it and has that sweet smell to it too sometimes...i though it may be the oregano pills but i stopped those and pee still has smell sometimes.
I dont have any pain..just swelling and redness.
Does that doctor still think chlamydia after anti biotics and numerous negatie results?

Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:32 pm

Hey Skistar,

I went thru and still going thru everything that you mentioned...The difference is that I know something happen(oral)....I really think the guilt, denial and stress really cause havoc on your body especially pelvic area. the first 10 - 12 months was honestly the WORSE in my life...I have sat in my house by myself and shed tears a few times(the internet had me going crazy googling stuff)...I have done all the test and all are negative but still in denial....The 3 things that messes us up is 1) the guilt is quick to return because we feel it physically, 2)just thinking like damn, my life would be so different right now if this incident didnt happen and easily wasnt worth it 3) Is this for the rest of my life, is there an end or does it just go away someday....

Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:11 pm

well, you've been thoroughly tested (more so than most people on this site, which is saying something). At this point, its time to move on from bacterial approaches and work on managing your stress and emotional reaction to what happened (or probably didn't happen at all). Get a pelvic floor physio assessment, get some psychological counselling and stop obsessing over an STD - you've had every fluid tested, multiple times and taken Antibiotics with no result so you're not going to get any more evidence than that.

Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:37 pm

What test did you guys get for mycoplasma? Urine, semen, or swab. Also DNA?

Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:14 pm

Also can you order a mycoplasma semen test on your own from an independent lab or does a doctor have to do it?

Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:20 pm

Hey bigmac, not sure where you live and how it works for you, in ontario the government system covers culture for mycoplasma. Culture is highly unreliable for mycoplasma so my current doctor sent me to private lab. They will only release results to a doctor and they do dna testing which is suppose to be more accurate.
I was retested after numerous drugs and was negative...semen and urine. Never tested positive in semen, only urine which was odd.
Hope that answers your question.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:24 am

What abx did they put you on for mycoplasma?

Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:58 am

Moxifloxacin + Azithromycin seems to be the holy grail for mycoplasma/ureaplasma with basically 100% eradication. I never tested positive for either so have no experience with the pathogens, though I was on moxi + zithro for a couple months.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:15 pm

Ok guys, help me out. I have my follow up with my uro Tuesday, my symptoms came back off the charts today with the red stinging meatus. So far this is what I'm going to try and ask for.
Urine and semen culture for stds again but this time including candida and mycoplasma
3 weeks of moxi and a month of diflucan.
The diflucan seemed to help me the most but I ran it during a long abx run so I think it was useless. I have not been having sex with my wife but she is really starting to pressure me. We had sex about 2 months ago but took amoxicillin and azitromycian after. She also had a gyno appointment last week and everything seems ok. I'm really stressing out but doing my best to maintain. if the tests come back negative and I run the moxi and diflucan, I'm chalking this up to non infectious anymore and going to try and move on. This is now 4 months of dealing with this .....
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Bigmac77

Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:41 pm

Dude have sex with your wife. You don't have any STD. This is just the hell of prostatitis. I still get sore and red meatus from time to time and it's been over two years! You already did weeks of moxi, and difulcan during abx is just as effective as not on abx when it comes to candida as a possible cause. Two months with no sex!? You already screwed up once big time...take it from me, don't screw it up again! Do what your lady wants! I've been sexing for almost two years since prostatitis unprotected and nope, no problems for my wife.

Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:34 pm

Have not ran the moxi yet

Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:04 am

I did 2 weeks of azithro...one month diflucan..went back to moxi for 3 weeks. Was then tested 3 months later and was neg. Urethra still flares up post ejaculation. I tested positive for candida first time as well but neg 2nd time...am neg for everything on a few tests now. I still use a condom as i dont want to take a chance...my wife was checked and was neg for everything. She hasnt done dna for myco yet but I want her to.
i did 6 weeks of doxy and cialis and was feeling good except the urethritis....2 weeks off it and testicle discomfort is coming back.
If you are confident it isnt bacterial that why wouldnt you have sex.

Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:22 am

So far I have taken 15 days of levaquin, a Ceftriaxone injection, 30 days of doxycycline, 15 days of diflucan and 1 gram of azitromycian twice. wanna take moxi just to rule out mycoplasma.

Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next