Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 26, 2019 9:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Success Stories - Post 'em If You Got 'em! 

Post IBS and Prostatitis
I’ve had IBS and Prostatitis symptoms off and on most of my adult life. However over this last year my Prostatitis symptoms became an everyday constant problem. Over the last year I’ve taken 3 different antibiotics, flowmax, off and on with no lasting relief. In addition I’ve tried 8 different supplements to help manage my symptoms but still no “cure”. While searching the web I ran across a study pointing to relationship between our gut and the prostate. Please read the study yourself as it is easily accessible. The recommendation was to get the gut healthy and that in turn would improve my Prostatitis. I told my urologist about what I had read and he sent me to a Gastroenterologist. I was percribed a combination of Rifaximin and a probiotic VSL#3 for a 2 week period. After a few days I gradually got better. 1 week after the 2 week course my symptoms were gone. It’s been about a month now with no symptoms. Keeping my fingers crossed! So far so good!

Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:51 am

Post Re: Success Stories - Post 'em If You Got 'em!
If you have ruled out bacterial and viral causes, I may have an answer. At least for me it was.

I had it for about 2 years, tried everything, couldn't get rid of it. All of the symptoms: Pain at the tiip of my penis, in the perineum, frequent, frequent urination, a feeling of "golf ball" in the rectum. It started when I had a moment of extreme stress that precipitated the first flare up, then all kinds of meds and therapies didn't work. I read "Headache of the Pelvis" and, for me, it all came together for me. I went to a seminar in NYC with about 30 other sufferers and most seemed to have some sort of stress or anxiety trigger, similar to yours. I used stretching of the perineum, a kind PT worked on Rectal Pressure points, and with much better stress management it slowly subsided and went away after about 4 months. I have been virtually free from pain for 8 years, and although I occasionally get the pressure in the rectum (like a golf ball), which was associated with all of the other symptoms, I haven't had a flare-up. It's like a hard knot in your neck, except down there. Also, too many orgasms in a short time frame will bring it on, which is funny since my one urologist actually wrote of a prescription pad "Orgasm 2-4 times daily" to get "it" out. OK, that didn't help, but I did what I was told!

Anyway, hang in there guys, you will get rid of this!! Read that book if you have tried the other stuff. Good luck!

KMan

Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3