Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Success Stories - Post 'em If You Got 'em! 

Post IBS and Prostatitis
I’ve had IBS and Prostatitis symptoms off and on most of my adult life. However over this last year my Prostatitis symptoms became an everyday constant problem. Over the last year I’ve taken 3 different antibiotics, flowmax, off and on with no lasting relief. In addition I’ve tried 8 different supplements to help manage my symptoms but still no “cure”. While searching the web I ran across a study pointing to relationship between our gut and the prostate. Please read the study yourself as it is easily accessible. The recommendation was to get the gut healthy and that in turn would improve my Prostatitis. I told my urologist about what I had read and he sent me to a Gastroenterologist. I was percribed a combination of Rifaximin and a probiotic VSL#3 for a 2 week period. After a few days I gradually got better. 1 week after the 2 week course my symptoms were gone. It’s been about a month now with no symptoms. Keeping my fingers crossed! So far so good!

Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:51 am

Post Re: Success Stories - Post 'em If You Got 'em!
If you have ruled out bacterial and viral causes, I may have an answer. At least for me it was.

I had it for about 2 years, tried everything, couldn't get rid of it. All of the symptoms: Pain at the tiip of my penis, in the perineum, frequent, frequent urination, a feeling of "golf ball" in the rectum. It started when I had a moment of extreme stress that precipitated the first flare up, then all kinds of meds and therapies didn't work. I read "Headache of the Pelvis" and, for me, it all came together for me. I went to a seminar in NYC with about 30 other sufferers and most seemed to have some sort of stress or anxiety trigger, similar to yours. I used stretching of the perineum, a kind PT worked on Rectal Pressure points, and with much better stress management it slowly subsided and went away after about 4 months. I have been virtually free from pain for 8 years, and although I occasionally get the pressure in the rectum (like a golf ball), which was associated with all of the other symptoms, I haven't had a flare-up. It's like a hard knot in your neck, except down there. Also, too many orgasms in a short time frame will bring it on, which is funny since my one urologist actually wrote of a prescription pad "Orgasm 2-4 times daily" to get "it" out. OK, that didn't help, but I did what I was told!

Anyway, hang in there guys, you will get rid of this!! Read that book if you have tried the other stuff. Good luck!

KMan

Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:01 am

Post Re: Success Stories | Repeated Success with some caveat
Guys, I have been suffering from Prostatitis symptoms for probably ten years now on and off. Two years ago it started to get worse and more prolonged and I went to see the quacks who indeed confirmed the diagnosis. "Not much you can do..." was their response - that was a costly comment.
Before I come to the solution I think I want to mention a bit about my perceived causes, that is
a) stress or psychological reasons (e.g. crap relationships or crap job etc.)
b) poor food quality or abominations sold and consumed as food, sugar and wheat overdose, acidosis
c) a combination of the above

Now to "a" not "the" definite solution. A solution that has worked for me, repeatably. About two years ago I got intrigued by a book by the now famous Dr. Gundry, a former cardiac surgeon who has done lots of research on food and also auto immune disease. Now you may say oh no, Dr. G again! (He acts like some likable clown (utube) and due to his clever marketing he has taken a lot of flak so he attracted a fair share of haters who try to debunk him but also 1000s of people who swear by his methods).
Now I am not fat and never felt I needed a diet but reading his book, the Plant Paradox, I judged that the dear Dr. G is probably on to something just like Dr. Young who wrote the miracle pH diet who was equally hated. (There is a lot of hating on the Internet especially of people with little practical experience and simply opinions.) My wife, suffering from other health problems was also receptive, we have had enough of the folks in white coats with pill-advice, and here in the UK the health care is generally sub-standard. So reluctantly we decided to give Dr. G a try.
And within 10 days my symptoms disappeared. We lasted a good 6 months on the first diet (it's hard) and gradually reverted to normal food (we don't eat bad stuff generally, but what is always bad is sugar/wheat and excess meat consumption.) Eventually earlier this year my symptoms returned with a vengeance, a bit more severe and really bringing my mood down, making daily life a misery.
Both of us decided in May to go back to Dr. G's kind of revolting foods because it appeared to be the only actual "cure". Again the symptoms were gone within about 10 days but then I had a relapse for about 5 days (not sure why) which was very demoralising. Then that disappeared again and I am symptom free again, thankfully. Also my wife's issues are mostly gone!
Now, the diet has removed the symptoms without medicine, the cause - it can probably change only for about 50%, see comments above. So change your life style.

Now, doing this diet regime is perhaps an easy decision but not easy in practise.
You need to be committed. You need to be well prepared, buy the ingredients well ahead of time. Get a partner to support and moan to. You need to be psychologically prepared, the food can be plain ugly, tastes revolting and hence you will feel very deprived seeing your friends eat "real" food. You will feel hungry like you want to kill. Especially the cleanse made me so tired it was downright dangerous. Instead of a few days it took me weeks to feel normal again. (Take holidays) You will feel daily hunger pains, he says you can eat more but will you really want to? If you like good food and good tastes this will be terribly hard to follow through. He mentioned interesting comments on junk foods and cravings and that they would go away. He was right the craving went but not the desire to eat a hamburger :) once in a while.
Despite what he claims about the yummyness of the food, my verdict is generally that it is often revolting and hard to get down. Especially in the beginning. If you fancy green sludge (smoothies) or drinks or food tasting like pulped cardboard solution this is OK. Grey pancakes, unpleasant smells in the kitchen or cabbage and kale smell in the house is normal. Food is a social and often joyful experience, this will end with this diet. You need to thoroughly re-frame yourself.
Also some ingredients like flax seeds are likely to be off or rancid. Purity of ingredients is of essence. Probably very difficult in the USA. Especially when it comes to meat.
Eventually when taking care you can re-introduce more common ingredients but you will have to accept that what we generally accept as "food" in modern society is actually not fit for human consumption and just aligned with our screwed psychology.
So if the pain in the bum is bigger than the pain from deprivation, give Dr. G a try, but you have been warned!

Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3