Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Supplements 

Post Supplements
I know there's plenty of information and threads about the various supplements available, but I'm curious what everyone is taking now-a-days to alleviate their symptoms? I'm currently not taking any supplements, I tried quercetin and bromelain before but didn't experience any improvement. I have plenty of symptoms but the persistent penile burning is by far the worst. I'm hoping someone has some suggestions for something to address that

Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:10 pm

Post Re: Supplements
Intrient wrote:
I know there's plenty of information and threads about the various supplements available, but I'm curious what everyone is taking now-a-days to alleviate their symptoms? I'm currently not taking any supplements, I tried quercetin and bromelain before but didn't experience any improvement. I have plenty of symptoms but the persistent penile burning is by far the worst. I'm hoping someone has some suggestions for something to address that

Broccoli treatment for 21 days helped resolved my penile burning.
Zinc picolinate, probiotics, omega 3, vit d are four important supplement for prostate health
Prostaphil-2 is a prostate specific supplement that helps symptoms of both bacterial and non bacterial prostatitis
Vit C and Ganoderma Lucidum to boost your immune system

I take all of this and I follow a very strict diet of low carb, high quality protein, no sugar, no hydrogenated fats, no caffeine, no spicy foods, no milk and dairy products, no white rice, no acidic foods. I eat green leafy vegetables, wild caught fish and shrimp, organic chicken, organic eggs, herbal teas, millet, buckwheat, quinoa, moderate amount of sweet potato, vegetable and bone broth and plain yoghurt. I feel like a caveman with my diet but its worth it. I have been successfully managing my symptoms for the past 7 months now mostly 95%- 98% symptom free these days.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:46 pm

You could try what Yakuh said.

The diet he suggested in very good. I think you basically want to strengthen the immune system through a good diet. I'm a big fan of medicinal mushrooms for boosting the immune system as well, they stimulate it to fight cancer and infections, but also have a role in reducing inflammation. All the acne on my back dissapeared when taking reishi and prostate inflammation got better, but diet is the most important. Prostate supplements are worth a go as well. There are a bunch of natural anti inflammatories I take like turmeric and omega3.

Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:06 am

Thanks for your reply Yakuh. I'll definitely give the broccoli treatment a go, seems straightforward enough.

Chris, can you recommend a source for the reishi mushrooms?

Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:13 pm

Host defence if your in the U.S.A., or myconutri if your in the U.K. Reishi is a bit calmer than cordyceps which is Tibetan, cordyceps is best taken only in the morning because it gives you energy. Reishi is OK for most anytime, but I used to just take a few grams in the morning. Cordyceps is pretty overlapping with reishi and also boosts the immune system, apparently, together they are more potent.

Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:14 am

Intrient wrote:
Thanks for your reply Yakuh. I'll definitely give the broccoli treatment a go, seems straightforward enough.

Chris, can you recommend a source for the reishi mushrooms?

reishiessence.com
This is where you can find a good quality of Reishi mushroom from either gano-prime, mikie, or pro-formula. You can also order from amazon, brands like mushroom science or host defense fungi ferfecti

Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:33 am

To be honest reishi is just one of a number of potent plant medicines called adaptogens by the soviets or tonic herbs traditionally. I've found they're really good, but take a long time to work so you have to wait and watch. I prefer the calm energy adaptogens like reishi and ashwagandha, others can be a little too stimulating.They all tend to have immunomodulatory activity and can help many different diseases.

Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:15 pm

I have had prostatitus for about 10 years. When I first had it, I went to Drs. and thought that I could get a prescription and it would be taken care of. My symptoms were difficulty urinating, burning sensation and it was worse when ejaculating. Meds helped but when they were stopped, the problems reoccured. I tried cipro and a few other meds that I don't remember.At the time, I was traveling to China with work. A chinese coworker had a sister that practiced traditional chinese medicine. I asked her for a recommendation from her sister. She recommended chinese prostate gland pills and she had her get me some. I took them and my symptoms intensified for a few days but then started to get better. I followed the instructions, take 3 pills 4 times a day. Before too long, my symptoms disappeared. The medication supplement she gave me is actually rape seed pollen. It is a chocolate colored pill and is yellow on the inside if you break one open. I now obtain my pills on ebay. They are listed several ways. Someone in the US started reselling them and they are very expensive this way. I got around this by searching for them under a different description, pulean tablets. They are manufactured by the Conba pharmacutical company, which is a very large and legitimate company in China. I now only take 3 pills a day and it works for me. Kang En Bei Pu Le An Pian For Prostatitis Herb is another search term for ebay that will lead you to a chinese supplier. I buy about a years supply for about $90 US dollars. I highly recommend it. I now have a pretty decent urination stream, no burning sensation and normal ejaculation. This may not work for you, but it did for me. As a disclaimer, I have no connection with selling or profiting from this herb other than being a symptom free user. I have had no side effects. If traditional meds aren't working for you, you might consider giving this a try. Berst of luck. Prostatitus sucks.

Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:01 am

NAC, N-acetyl cysteine, has kept my prostatitis in remission for a year now. Taking it twice a day, just 400 mg each. It usually comes in 600 mg dosage and that is ok too.
----------------------
I have found that cordyceps is very effective for asthma, but didn't do anything for my prostatitis AFAIK.

Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]