Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 CPPS or something else? 

Post CPPS or something else?
step by step story. All Docs mentioned are too docs from Jefferson, Penn state - Philadelphia

- May 14 and Mar 15: had kidney stones come twice and came out naturally but the second time stone lingered longer and since scan didn't reveal where stone was doc did urethroscopy to check if it was stuck in penis
- Nov 15: woke up with a sharp lower left quadrant abdominal pain and numb left leg
- Nov 15 to Mar 16: lingering llq mild pain (3 on a scale of 10) continued, always felt my left side different from right, had dizziness, felt fatigued etc etc
Doc visit - met general practitioner, gastroenterologist - did Ct scan of abdomen/pelvis, X-rays, blood tests but nothing major found but was on low on Vitamin B12 and D and given medicine to boost it
- Mar 16: sharp burn while passing urine, slowly aggravated and at one point couldn't sit as my whole rectum, penis, bladder - everything felt on fire. Urine was dark in color and I had unbearable burning pain.
Doc visit - met urologist, did DRE, urine test, culture. Doc said prostate is inflamed and has cipro and bactrium
- Apt to June 16: urine and bladder still on fire always, could stand for long as feet burn, couldn't sit for long as bladder/ penis/urethra burned, holding urine was painful and passing urine was painful - felt more miserable
Doc visit - given doxy, Did urine test, culture but nothing came out. I asked if cystoscope should be done but he said no and said this is CPPS with no effective cure
- Jul 16 - Dec 16: pain/burn in bladder and urethra continued, lingering llq continued. Was trying alternate treatments like homeopathy but nothing major happened though but a slight improvement
- Jan 17: different doc advised step by step approach - physio, if that doesn't work then antidepressant and f that doesn't work then bladder distillation with cocktail of antibiotic
- Jan to today: physio helped immensely, my bladder pain/burn, llq pain is mostly gone, I don't feel burn/pain in bladder when I hold urine but my penile burn/pain is still there when I am about to pass urine and it's always there. Physio has tried all options but nothing seems to work.

My lingering worry is - is this penile burn/pain because of CPPS or is it some other critical disease :(

Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:24 pm

Post Re: CPPS or something else?
In my post on this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1868

we see "calcifications" were blamed regarding the antibiotic failure rate in a study done with fosfomycin...

"Lastly, prostatic calcifications were present in 4/7 (57%) patients with microbiological failure".

If you're a stone former, you may have calcifications in your prostate too, and apparently bacteria can hide from antibiotic therapy in these stones?

An ultrasound (or perhaps X-Ray?) should be able to see these (I believe).

Don't know what can be done about calcifications in the prostate, but you might want to follow up on this angle.

Hope this helps.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]