Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Your suggestions for doctors treating prostatitis around NY 

Post Your suggestions for doctors treating prostatitis around NY
Hi,

I was diagnosed with prostatitis a few months ago. Did a 5 week course of Cipro, which helped reduce it. My blatter sometimes still feels weird, and it gets worse when I go running. A very little amount of discharge is noticeable.
I currently try to treat myself with Echinacea and bee pollen capsules. Overall, it's not too bad, but I would like to see a doctor who could treat me better than the last one.
I went to see a urologist who just analysed my urine (no bacteria found), and examined my prostate. No prostate fluid was tested and he assumed I had bacterial prostatitis because I got better through Cipro. I would like to find a good doctor who at least does semen/prostate fluid tests, around NY. I've only heard of those doctors/clinics so far:
- Smith Urology institute in Long Island
- Eugene French in NJ
Do you have any other doctors you can recommend?

Thanks

Erik

Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:30 am

Post Re: Your suggestions for doctors treating prostatitis around
Dr Atilla Toth

You can google him.... His office is in NYC

Best of luck

Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:13 pm

brightestcolor have you found anyone else in NY

Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:39 am

they didn't do anything for me at Smith Urology and even harmed me. before painful prostatitis I went to a urologist there but he only ran a urine culture and did nothing and then I had a bad experience with their other urologists Firoozi and David Chan who only gave me flomax and cipro for 10 days and wouldn't treat me while I was in terrible pain.
Chan even called me up to yell at me for no reason and those guys got paid a lot from my insurance

Last edited by Stillinpain on Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:35 am

Hello Erik,

Happy New Year and maybe I can offer some help and advise with my own personal experience as a sufferer of Prostatitis for the last 7 years.All doctors whether Urologist or not are not all the same in their way of diagnosis and treatment.Many unfortunate because there is no cure and only treating symptoms with just wisk you away with a scrip of Cipro and or another type of antibiotic and basically see ya later.I had that happen to me with my first Urologist as no time to answer any of my questions as more of a get in and get out kind of way and with a scrip regardless of whether or not it was necessary as more just to appease.Only did a culture once in the very beginning and that was that.Only the urine test in the office as that is quick and fast and never no CT scan of my bladder or kidney or semen/prostate fluid test.Had me go through the Micro Thermo Therapy procedure as that proved to be a waste as it does not do anything for Prostatitis.
Started going to a Urologist in Philadelphia with Thomas Jefferson.He although like everyone else has no cure has at least spends time with me and answered and still does to this day. He did all the proper test to make sure there was nothing out of the ordinary like always doing a culture and had done in the beginning a CT scan of my bladder and kidneys and want you are seeking as well which is a semen/prostate fluid test so he very through and does not believe in giving out antibiotics just to hand out like candy only if there is bacteria/fungus present.

Hope this helps you out.
Gary

Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:34 pm

i went to see eugene french a few years back for a consult but i believe he is no longer practicing. its too bad, cause he was one of the few doctors who seemed to know what he was doing, seemed kind, interested, compassionate, and actually listened. if he is still in practice, i would love his contact info. otherwise, if anyone has a good doctor in NYC, i really need one.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]