Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 any info re Dr. Moldwin 

Post any info re Dr. Moldwin
Hi, I've suffered from non-bacterial prostatitis/pelvic floor dysfunction going on 10 years now, and it's really wreaked havoc on my life. It first appeared when I was 19/20, and I feel like I've pissed away most of my 20s trying to deal with this affliction, which somehow continues to worsen year by year.

At this point it hurts too much to masterbate to ejaculation, or do many physical activities (like run/jog, play sports, work out), and the golf ball feeling on the right-side of the perineum is almost constant (sometimes popping up on the lefthand side as well). The muscles in the whole area feel tight. And standing up for extended amount of time has me almost doubling over in pain

I've seen plenty of doctors and some have given me partial relief (many haven't). I recently began to see Dr. Moldwin, based in Long Island. Has anyone been to see him and can say whether h was effective or not? My understanding is that he injects certain muscles in the pelvic floor with anesthetic.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:06 pm

Post Re: any info re Dr. Moldwin
Psufferer-

If I understand you correctly? What you may be referring to is muscle injections that are used when trigger point therapy fails or has reached a point where additional pain can not be reduced. These type of injections are generally used when a person has been diagnosed with CPPS due to Pudendal Neurolgia or Pudendal Nerve Entrapment. Both these Pudendal related ailments have similiar sypmptoms to prostatitis. Therefore your oringinal diagnosis of prostatitis may have been inaccurate.

Dr. Moldwin will most likely require validation that you DO NOT have an infection. Test that you most likely have already been through, such as prostate excrection and uriine analysis. If no infection is found he may require that you do physical therapy (most likely minimum of 12 weeks) on the trigger points before injections are considered. A common drug that has proven through multiple trials to work is amitriptyline. You may want to inquire about this or do some internet research.

I hope this information helps.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:59 pm

Post Re: any info re Dr. Moldwin
how did your experience go with moldwin? i saw him. his treatment (frequent PT with at home stretches, trigger point release and relaxation + valium) only provided temporary relief at best. regardlesss, i felt he was a very nice doctor who actually seemed to care and had an excellent bedside manner.
at the time, he said he believes bacterial prostatitis is incredibly rare and that antibiotics rarely work anyway, so treating muscle dysfunction route is the way to go.
i believe the shots he gives if PT and valium fail is actually botox.

Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]