Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 are there any good stories out there? 

Post are there any good stories out there?
Reading a lot of forums all i see is guys who have constant pain and anxiety... stress and a faded or gone hope. Are there any guys who have a decent quality of life living with this? Ie are there guys whose symptoms go away for years so flare ups dont totally impact on the overall as much.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:35 pm

Post Re: are there any good stories out there?
Sure. Mine started out of a case of infidelity - I was facing the loss of my marriage, the disgust I had in myself for what happened, fear of an incurable STD (I got HSV during my encounter) and this GD prostatitis that I knew nothing about at the time. I'm rolling on up to two years now with CP and I'd say my life is pretty awesome. My marriage is better than ever, I'm far more knowledgeable about the healthcare system than I ever thought possible, and I know more about the male reproductive system, antibiotics, and alpha blockers than I ever imagined! At its worst last summer I was in extreme pain and unable to even fall asleep at night without valium. Since then I have found internal stretching and massage, I've weened myself off of basically all my medication, and I have a pretty normal sex life with my wife, no issues. I'm in some level of constant pain every day but often during the day it isn't too noticeable. Nights are still hard, especially if I wake up to pee and then try to get back to sleep. I try not to drink a lot before bed so I don't wake up during the night. With nightly prostate massage I live a pretty normal life, albeit one with mild but chronic pain. But it's not life threatening, it doesn't doom you to prostate cancer, you find ways to soldier on.

The only real sacrifice I've had to make is to minimize or eliminate masturbation. I'm usually fine with actual sex, but for whatever reason masturbation causes a 2-3 day spike in symptoms. Every once in a while I indulge, but I know I'm in for a few days of additional pain and that's just a consequence I accept before partaking. It always dies back down though and life carries on. After two years I've forgotten what it was like to rub one out every day so I don't miss it all that much.

I'm still very active - I bodybuild daily, climb mountains, ride bikes, I do all the stuff I've always loved doing. And in the moments where I'm happy and distracted with my work or hobbies I forget about the pain.

A lot of this is mental. You can freak out and spiral into depression or you can accept the challenge that's been thrown at you and carry on, maybe with a bit more stoicism in life than before. Not many people out there can claim to be experienced with the pain we deal with, we're part of an elite group whether we like it or not.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:11 pm

Sounds like you have dealt with alot. To move on and do the things you are doing, sounds like you should be happier most of the time.

Reading into it further, it sounds like this is quite different for different people also. Like pain is dependent on scenarios, because theres not one single cause, not even one single symptom, its hard for anyone to know how bad it will be and each case is as individual as to their pain tolerance. I have talked about surgery in other posts, and I guess I am the type of person if I am honest that just needs to know that there is a last resort. Just saying. Thats why I reached out to a couple of guys that had success in doing so, again its all situation based but they were really good at giving me their time and certainly said that they would do that again in a heart beat. I read there was actually a trial but never actually heard the results. I do understand there is some big money involved in getting a LRP should someone do it private and out of their own pocket

Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:29 am

I was in really bad pain for over a year. Then is got a lot better by itself. Then I went to see a homeopath who gave some weird moss and it got a lot better. Recently, I take a few different herbs and am practically symptom free. I still can't ride bikes or have lots of sex, but sex every day now is possible, and mostly pain free.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:43 am

If symptom free why cant you ride bikes? I saw a vid of a guy who was in a flare and he was riding his motorbike i dunno how

Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:43 am

Because that area is over sensitive, it may always be like that. I never like ride a bike again, it does not bother me. I don't get the urinary frequency, pain etc anymore as long as I don't do that or eat chilli peppers and a few other things. It is called 'remission' other people with autoimmune diseases can do it too if they follow a certain diet etc.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:24 pm

Seems everyone has diff triggers and its finding them.

i need to deal with my anxiety for one its always over the edge. Got to get to pt also as ive always found stretching help even in my rudimentary way.

dunno if this holds much weight but read about the cbc test and the tests they do indicate low white blood cell counts and... platelettes? And that can be an indicator for autoimmune for someone

Also assume alot of guys just wait it out and accept flares

Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:51 pm

Can I ask everyones symptoms...

Also is there a clear difference with chronic prostatitis and CPPS? Like for example if you ejaculate and its painful, that means its more likely CP and not CPPS and CPPS is actually pain but none of the sexual issues or pain where the prostate is

Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:44 pm

My symptoms are constant mild urethritis that flares up post ejaculation. A red penis head, dribbling after urenation and some testicle discomfort that may not be related?
No real discomfort mos of time or during sex....put feels tender and swollen after.
No pain in perenium..no prostate pain, no flares up from food or coffee...

Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:37 pm

I have fullness in the rectum

For the past week in my perineum or just below my sack I have had a dull ache which I assume is the prostate

I know people on this forum dont agree and think its a waste, but I read headache in the pelvis and started doing the relaxation techniques and will start stretching and doing PT. The couple guys on youtube who dont at all seem connected to the book itself and stand nothing to gain for promoting it both said they have had amazing results. If there is a body reaction to anxiety then the relaxation side for me will help as im a nut case with anxiety

im not sure if this makes any difference, but one thing i have noticed is how tense i do hold my pelvis/rectum. If you take a moment and focus on it every now and then you may notice that you are tensing up there also quite hard. I am trying to naturally relax this area, I believe this is a high stress type reaction. Food for thought

Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:08 pm

NZGuy wrote:
I have fullness in the rectum

For the past week in my perineum or just below my sack I have had a dull ache which I assume is the prostate

I know people on this forum dont agree and think its a waste, but I read headache in the pelvis and started doing the relaxation techniques and will start stretching and doing PT. The couple guys on youtube who dont at all seem connected to the book itself and stand nothing to gain for promoting it both said they have had amazing results. If there is a body reaction to anxiety then the relaxation side for me will help as im a nut case with anxiety

im not sure if this makes any difference, but one thing i have noticed is how tense i do hold my pelvis/rectum. If you take a moment and focus on it every now and then you may notice that you are tensing up there also quite hard. I am trying to naturally relax this area, I believe this is a high stress type reaction. Food for thought

If you are interested in the mindbody connection take a look at dr. Sarno's ideas.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]