Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Enterococcus Faecalis Support Thead 

Post Re: Enterococcus Faecalis Support Thead
Oh man, what I wouldn't give to not have uti symptoms. I can tank the prostate symptoms, but the uti stuff is awful. Sometimes if I don't urinate right after I ejaculate, the very next day uti symptoms get me. I can't even touch my girl without protection, or it happens again about 12-24 hours later. So I guess it's either bacterial, or my immune system is hyper sensitive, which also might be the case.

Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:18 pm

Took the 7th dose of fosfomycin today. Did two days straight, then went every 48 hours. First two days, my prostate symptoms completely disappeared, which was awesome. Then I had to take prednisone because kidney inflammation was kicking in due to the fosfomycin. When I did that, my prostate blew up something fierce! I've since stopped prednisone, and believe it or not, claritin (non benadryl) is preventing the allergic reaction to the fosfomycin that was aggravating my kidneys. Now, I'm just waiting for the residual inflammation from the pred to go away. I have 21 more doses of fosfo at 48 hour intervals. Man, I hope it works. If not, at least it will have taken enterococcus and coagulase negative staph out of the picture as potential culprits. I'll then go the pcr route to see what's up if that happens. So tired of getting utis when I have unprotected sex with my girl, and randomly when ejaculating.

Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:24 am

Xifaxan is controlling the terrible diarrhea fosfomycin gives me. It completely puts a stop to it, it is awesome. Claritin is also negating the allergic response from it as well. If I take fosfo every day my prostate symtoms are MUCH better, every 48 hours doesn't work as good though.

Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:44 pm

Have you figured out how long you are going to take fosfo for? Randomly fosfo made my diarrhea much better until it caused a c. diff recurrence. Good that it seems to be helping, the xifaxin might be helping to limit your c. diff risk, though I'd be a bit concerned at that because there's not much reason xifaxin should cure AAD unless it was due to bacterial original, and you don't want to risk the c. diff as being the cause. Else your abx days are over! Also strange that 4hrs vs 48 hrs makes that big a difference. Makes me suspect it's something other than bacterial going on down there.

Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:09 pm

Yeah, I'm going to try and go the full 6 weeks on the fostomycin, or however long it takes. I'm finally seeing some progress after 10 doses (same with Metanoia), things are getting better. Inflammation is down, it's not gone, but it's better. My psa dropped .6 points as well. I think at 48 hour intervals, not enough was working it's way into the prostate, as the MIC was probably not enough to do what needed to be done.

The xifaxan is awesome, I am taking that for SIBO. From what I was reading, it's much more effective at controlling / preventing cdiff than vancomycin. It's probably no where near as good as difficid though. I'll probably be on xifaxan for a while as it encourages growth of bifido and lacto species and completely controls the gut issues I have.

Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Hey guys
I suffered from prostatitis for 18 months, and am in recovery mode right now. I had a multi-pathogen infection with staphylococcus aureus, staphylococcus haemolyticus, enterococcus faecalis and streptococcus mitis. I tried long courses of antibiotics but they didn't make any difference to my condition.

I started phage therapy one year ago for it, and after one round of having phages, my enterococcus faecalis and staph aureus were gone. After another round of phage therapy, the staph haemolyticus was removed as well. I am currently undergoing the last leg of phage therapy for the strep mitis.

A doctor was once telling me that enterococcus is a difficult pathogen to eliminate, and he was surprised that mine was eradicated. Thankfully it has been removed for good - I've been re-tested multiple times and it has not come up again.

For anyone trying to figure out ways to treat Enterococcus Faecalis, you can talk to me about phage therapy because it worked for me.
Good luck
Pranav

Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:45 pm

How is your prostate doing pranav, are you cured? Are your symptoms better?

Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:02 pm

Hey Inflamed, my prostatitis is much better now compared to same time last year. I would say my symptoms are 85% better. My lower back pains, flank pains, groin pains and frequent urination symptoms are all gone. I have been able to eradicate 3 bacterial pathogens including Enterococcus Faecalis using phages, and am currently taking treatment for the last pathogen (Streptococcus Mitis).

The good thing is that phages eliminate the bacteria completely rather than just suppressing it, so the chances of recurrence are reduced (unless of course you get re-infected). But it does take time, its not a silver bullet or an overnight cure. And you gotta be careful about going to the right clinic for phage therapy where they know exactly what they are doing, and they understand how to administer phages. I have come across some bad experiences of people who went to some clinic in Georgia offering phage therapy which turned out to be a 3rd party clinic and the treatment outcomes were not good. Before I went in for phage therapy, I spent 2-3 months researching the various clinics and phage institutions and finding the right place, and it has turned out well for me.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:53 pm

Does phage therapy eliminate all of a particular species in the body, or just say...the prostate only? I haven't looked into it much, but I am curious and will check it out.

Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:39 pm

Phages are highly specific and will impact only that strain of bacteria against which they are sensitive. If antibiotics are like a nuclear bomb for the bacteria inside our body (both good and bad), phages are like a guided missile.

As I said in my last post, selecting the right place that knows how to administer phages is very important because they will give phages in such a way that there is maximum absorption in the prostate. This reduces the impact of the phage on other parts of the body and maximises the impact in the prostate. The method of administration of phages plays an important role in determining what part of the body they impact.

Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:17 am

pranav, did you go to the Eliava Institute in Tbilisi? How much did you have to pay for the treatment?

pranav wrote:
Phages are highly specific and will impact only that strain of bacteria against which they are sensitive. If antibiotics are like a nuclear bomb for the bacteria inside our body (both good and bad), phages are like a guided missile.

As I said in my last post, selecting the right place that knows how to administer phages is very important because they will give phages in such a way that there is maximum absorption in the prostate. This reduces the impact of the phage on other parts of the body and maximises the impact in the prostate. The method of administration of phages plays an important role in determining what part of the body they impact.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Dandy wrote:
pranav, did you go to the Eliava Institute in Tbilisi? How much did you have to pay for the treatment?

Hey Dandy, I have replied to your PM about this.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:04 pm

I found a report on
“Treatment Options for Chronic Prostatitis due to Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococcus faecium”
Google it
“Prostatitis due to vancomycin-resistant enterococci has not been previously described. Reported here is a case of chronic prostatitis due to Enterococcus faecium, resistant to vancomycin, ampicillin, ciprofloxacin and doxycycline, in a 42-year-old liver transplant recipient. Treatment with a combination of rifampin and nitrofurantoin for 6 weeks resulted in long-lasting cure. “
Maybe some hope to treat EF as well?
I think a multiple abx approach could be beneficial. Any thoughts?

Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:34 am

Its difficult to say as nitrofurantoin has poor penetration into the prostate.

Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:10 pm

Post phage therapy
Greetings to all prostatitis fighters,

I'd also highly appreciate infos from any user about the bacteriophage therapy topic due to the fact that I've been starting one off in Wroclaw/Poland at the Hirtzfeld institute.

Simply said, my experiences with urologists weren't so positive (in the past, in Germany, to stay fair), so any info about what to watch during phage typing and what to ensure during application is very welcome. I wonder if anybody knows a user whose prostatitis was cured by phage therapy because my pain is torturing me nearly every hour...

Kind regards to the readers from taico

Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:37 am

fosmycin doxy is a good combo along with prostate massage,the combo is more efective then either singularily .massage open the ducts lets it out and the goodies in

Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:51 am

I'm thinking about trying colloidal silver to kill the enteroccocus faecalis but there are a lot of horror stories in the internet that make me anxious. Anybody has tried it?

There are a lot of pseudoskeptics on the internet trying to scare people with "alternative supplements" and I don't know what to think.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:34 pm

I tried colloidal silver. I may as well have drunk normal water, it did nothing for me (I've had 4 semen samples come back with EF).

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:47 am

How much time were you taking it?

Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:43 am

Silver isn't considered an essential nutrient, yet it's found in lots of foods, including cereal and most likely granola bars and similar health/diet foods. It's also most likely in the tap water or distilled water, or perhaps, in the bottled spring water which is being drunk everyday. Colloidal silver is simply a suspended solution of water and silver, the silver being ground down into tiny flakes or particles. One of the reasons it's considered dangerous is it apparently binds to sodium chloride in the stomach, and forms a silver salt, which is less effective than colloidal ("pure") silver, and is supposedly capable of destroying proteins. But that's one of the reasons it's also said to be an anti-microbial that fights the bad bacteria, that it destroys proteins which the bacteria supposedly rely upon for their success in colonization. The last bit I'll end this posting with is: colloidal silver is neither a colloid or an obvious poison. People have said they ingested it in various ways, and it helped or it didn't. I've still not read an account of anyone being poisoned to death by it, or falling drastically ill, or even contracting blue skin. In fact, silver nitrate is an ingredient in a number of products, if I recall remembering correctly.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:14 am

forget the colloidal silver that wont cure it.do a sensitivity test,spend money now .cut to the chase.the longer it goes on the harder it is to shift it.culture your pros fluid/semen find out whats going on in YOUR prostate.then take the drugs that work.its scientific and thats only thing thatll help you.i dont wish to be blunt but this is clutching at straws after obviously yrs of bad urologists and yes your right thats what most of them are.im sick of them,but if they cant make a test like that theyre charlatans.its in the prostate so go there and find out your problem and how to deal with it

Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:14 am

The problem is that I have gone that route of "scientific" cultures for years and it hasn't worked. I have a pile of culture papers with their antibiogram saying to which antibiotic my bacteria is "effective" but it doesn't work inside my body. So, to me they are also charlatans. Because a charlatan is someone who says that he can cure you and he doesn't. And that is what the "science based" medicine has done to me in more than 5 years, apart from making me sick with dangerous antibiotics like Bactrim, or torturing me with painful unnecessary tests like a cystoscopy. Usually they describe the problem but they don't know neither the causes nor the cure.

So, the only route that I have now is testing stuff by myself. The "sacred Western modern science" has failed me. In fact, I think that they created the ultra-resistant bacteria I have in my prostate by abusing antibiotics.

What should I do to keep on the "scientific", "peer reviewed", road? Going to another urologist to repeat the culture and take more antibiotics? How many times you have to be abused and fooled to conclude that someone is not worthy of your trust?

Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:12 pm

hi chavalote,im so sorry to hear of your suffering i understand its a deeply worrying and frustrating illness.ill tell u of my experience maybe its helpful i hope so.i went down with a sex disease and was treated for that,i live in asia so i went to a doc there,they got rid of it but by that time it was in the prostate.so i went to another urologist,he said bend over took a slide and told me i had prostatitis.useful but i got a bag of avelox and 3 weeks later bam here we go again.

i realised then that the usual route was gonna be like this so i look in another direction.so i went to manila where i had a culture,bang 2 bacterias,urea plasma and enterobacter.they said there could be more too id have to test again but treated me for that using a massage technique then abx.i went back to hk.where i live after 3 weeks and ohhh here we go again symptoms came back.i felt so bad but couldnt go back to the same docs.so i asked around did some research.i then went to another doc and found out after culture that manila had killed the 2 mentioned but....2 more .mycoplasma hom and staph epidermis which after anti biogramm they said was MRSA.ahhhh.but they embarked on a treatment for 6 weeks using ultrasound technique and also IV drugs due to the MRSA.i left then,the doc said come back in a mnth and we will test again but he said theres still bacteria.i felt a lot lot better and as the days passed yes i did feel a lot better .the symptoms had decreased a great deal.before id had testicle pain.real bad back pain, pains along my thighs, up the sides of my abdomen both side,across it too.headaches and bad fatigue,prostate pain too.

so i found that what remained was a smaller back pain slight nerve in flammation which had been very bad previously i had been very ill.it was a major step forward i was almost normal!!he had told me a lot about diet.no sugar,booze,processed foods ,some fats and some fruits, a serious diet but it helped a lot.so then back again,tested and but 1 bacteria left.staph lugdenenses, MRSA od course,then oral meds then IV along with prostate massage.im now ok .i must slowly wean myself off the diet and be careful not to get reinfected as after so much treatment im very easily able to pick things up.from sex of course so condoms a must,also bacteria.

so instruction is no swimming in pools ,kids piss in them and so on so it gets u again.other things too. wash your hands all the time and take stuff to build your immunity and the prostates too.i found massage very beneficial and it squeezes out the baddies and lets the drugs and wbc in to battle it,the prostate swells.mine was 32 ml now 17.see that on the ultra.the gland is a rabbit warren and infection goes up the channels swells them and seals itself off .thats why is difficult to kill.

the abx cant get in there,massage softens it and opens the channels allowing the baddies out and goodies to do their job.you probably know this already but its working for me.i need to just stay on the program and re test again in a few mnths,im symptom free and the tests are free too but need to stay that way 6 months for a real cure.find a doc that works like this,theyre few and far between,i got lucky and early diagnosis the disease.i hope this helps if u want any more info please get back to me.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:52 pm

Hello All. What type of doctor do you all see that will try to help you with this? The different abx, the other ideas (silver, etc.) the massages......

The Urologists around here have no clue nor do they seem to care. I am considering seeing an Infectious Diseases doctor as that seems like someone who might be more willing to do/accept the better testing like MicroGen and have a better knowledge of abx.

So, what kind of doctor has worked for you?

Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:03 pm

I think the "scientific, peer reviewed" system is deeply flawed and corrupt, similar to the "traditional" medical system. They've become like witch doctors from hundreds of years ago, thinking they've found God's needle or the golden fleece of treating and solving health problems. Not discounting that their ministrations work for some. Yet, they close the doors when I return and say it didn't work for me. Or if I don't return, I'm treated as a defector whose attempting to bring down the system by pursuing healing via a more individualist route. Bacteria aren't simplistic lifeforms with solutions to the problems they cause attached to their cell wall that are written in plain terms. They change, they morph, they're good, they're bad, and they secretly understand my body better than me. Perhaps that's where more doctors and scientists should start operating from, as opposed to in vitro cultures and tubes that warrant more questions and complications in testing than are presumed to occur.

There is no law against stopping and listening to a different source or set of ideas than the mainstream health industry...yet anyway. And you can simply go back to it if other alternatives don't work.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next