Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 New Member Question 

Post New Member Question
Hi,
I just turned 50, I had a bacterial prostatitis two times when i was 40 Cipro and Doxy took care of it after a months.
Two weeks ago I had a colonoscopy which was fine no issues. The next day i woke up with pains like i had 10 years ago they would come and go i asked the gastrologist if they scope could irritate it he said no its not related. after 5 days i went to my gp he did prostate exam was a little tender pain in scrotum, penis, lower back, butt above my penis barely any burning. he thought it was protitius or bladder infection the urinalysis was normal so he be me on bactrium a few days later the pain just wasn't going away. it would come and go 1 to 6 some days it was gone. I was worried it was my colon so i want to ER. CT scans blood urinalysis was down all organs where checked the only thing was the prostate was moderately enlarged and calcified. ER Doctor gave me 10 days extra of bactrium. That was last Saturday. Tuesday i went to my urologist same one from 10 years ago. urinalysis was pristine. Explained the symptoms same as before he asked if the antibotic was working i said no so he gave me prednisone 40 mg total for 7 days and to come back in a week. pain is starting to recede but still comes in goes. Kind of concerned not sure who long this takes been prednisone for 4 days.

Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]