Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Pelvic Pain, Night Urination, and Ejaculation 

Post Pelvic Pain, Night Urination, and Ejaculation
For the past several years, I've been fighting with what I now believe is some form of prostatitis. But, given that I've not been given a true diagnosis at this point, I just wanted to compare notes with all of you.

Firstly, I recently turned 30 years old. For the past several years, I've been working with an endocrinologist to resolve an issue with low testosterone. We've tried a number of supplements, weight loss, etc. Unfortunately, nothing has really helped. But, given that I haven't been experiencing any major issues related to it, we simply decided to dismiss it. After learning about Testosterone Replacement Therapy, I decided to see a urologist who was a self-proclaimed TRT expert. He suggested that I begin taking Clomid. He also decided to draw blood to check my PSA for a baseline. I started taking the Clomid and, a week or so later, got the call that my PSA levels were higher than he'd like to see at about an 1.8. He said not to worry about it and keep taking to Clomid.

A few days passed and I began experiencing some pelvic pain. It felt like pressure behind my penis, sometimes in my testicles, and would sometimes feel like a burning sensation on my groin. I also started waking up in the middle of the night to pee, something I've never done before. A little freaked out, I called the urologist back and tried to get an appointment. His next appointment was several weeks out, so I instead called another urologist who was able to see me the next day. He did a urine culture and did not find any bacteria. He performed a DRE and said my prostate felt normal. To be safe, he prescribed me an antibiotic and said it was likely some type of acute prostatitis. After a few days on the antibiotics, must of my symptoms went away.

A few weeks later, I returned to the original urologist to do blood work for the PSA. This time, my PSA jumped to 2.5. A day or two after the blood work, I began experiencing the same symptoms again. I go to the urologist, he does a DRE and everything checks out. We talk prostatitis, he doesn't have many comments . . . just says he isn't concerned about the PSA and thinks my prostate is just having a "moment." While there, he checks my urine and finds blood in my urine. Thinking I passed a kidney stone, he orders a CT w/ contrast. Everything comes back fine, no stones and no obvious problems. He says come back in six months and we'll check your PSA again. A week or so later, most of my symptoms seemingly go away.

Now, here I am a month or so out, and the symptoms have returned. Same pains, same symptoms, etc. The only thing that I'm able to connect is a potential overwork of my prostate. Around the time of my first appointment with the first urologist, my wife and I were trying to conceive . . . so the frequency in which we had sex was pretty elevated. Since then, she is now pregnant . . . which means sex is a thing of the past and masturbation if now the norm. Just now connecting the dots, I've decided to abstain as long as possible, but I just wanted to hear y'alls opinions . . .

Think this is prostatitis or some other crazy thing?

Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]