Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Question about coffee and tea triggers 

Post Question about coffee and tea triggers
Hi, I'm trying to control my symptoms with diet. I have read some posts in the forum suggesting that eliminating coffee and tea may reduce instances of prostitius. My question: is caffeine the trigger or just the properties of the beverage. So could decaffeinated beverages not have the same effects as the caffeine. Thanks

Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:53 pm

Post Re: Question about coffee and tea triggers
Caffeine itself is a big irritant. It can irritate your prostate and bladder badly making it susceptible to infection. So aside from coffee and tea, avoid other foods and beverages that contains caffeine like chocolates, soda, energy drinks etc. Stick to herbal teas instead. Diet modification helped me a lot in managing my symptoms. Other major foods to avoid are spicy foods, acidic foods (esp. tomato), sugars\sweets (pro-inflammatory and promotes bacterial growth so it has to be taken in moderation), Milk and dairy products, Alcohol (esp. beer) and Oily\fatty foods (has to be in moderation, and use coconut oil for cooking).
If you can follow this diet modification then you will see a big decline in your symptoms. It worked for me and this helped me effectively manage my symptoms for the last 5 months.
Good luck

Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:24 pm

Post Re: Question about coffee and tea triggers
yakuh11 wrote:
Caffeine itself is a big irritant. It can irritate your prostate and bladder badly making it susceptible to infection. So aside from coffee and tea, avoid other foods and beverages that contains caffeine like chocolates, soda, energy drinks etc. Stick to herbal teas instead. Diet modification helped me a lot in managing my symptoms. Other major foods to avoid are spicy foods, acidic foods (esp. tomato), sugars\sweets (pro-inflammatory and promotes bacterial growth so it has to be taken in moderation), Milk and dairy products, Alcohol (esp. beer) and Oily\fatty foods (has to be in moderation, and use coconut oil for cooking).
If you can follow this diet modification then you will see a big decline in your symptoms. It worked for me and this helped me effectively manage my symptoms for the last 5 months.
Good luck

Thanks for the reply. This condition has been with me for about a year now. It happened unexpectedly and without any warning really. I've been to a couple of urologists, tried antibiotics, flomax, oxybutynin without any major relief. So after reading posts about reducing inflammation I decided to go that route. Been doing this for a few weeks so it's difficult to determine if it is working. However, I used to be able to anticipate when a flareup was about to happen. Today I felt like another one was about to happen but it subsided. So we'll see how things go. Good luck to you as well.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]