Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Prostatitis Newbie 

Post Prostatitis Newbie
I am a 70-year-old male and my primary physician has initially diagnosed me with prostatitis and wanted to try Bactrim (instead of Cipro) for 10 days because I only have one kidney and neuropathy in my feet (non-diabetic), both of which make Cipro not a good choice. In retrospect, some of my symptoms have been present for the past year, but not until I started getting dysuria a week ago did I go to my doctor. I thought decreased semen flow, and sometimes almost none, was just normal for my age. Additionally, I have an intense tingling sensation between my scrotum and anus, which is nearly always present, worsens when I sit, and is much better when laying down. Lastly, over the past three months I've developed a very minor dribble at the end of urination, usually just a few drops.

I plan to follow my doctor's course of action until the 10 days of antibiotic is completed, but then find a good urologist. Thus far I haven't experienced any relief from the symptoms. The dysuria isn't terrible, more of a discomfort now that I'm used to it.

Last, I'm afraid to attempt sex, even though my libido hasn't decreased. After all I've read about pain during ejaculation, I don't know just how much it will hurt. If it's only the same level of pain as with the dysuria when urinating, then it's not a big deal. I'd appreciate anyone's experience, especially with the latter. Thanks!

Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]