Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Fosfomiycin? Anyone? 

Post Fosfomiycin? Anyone?
I'm thinking of starting this drug, how do you take it? Daily 3g powder? Does it work? Do you need to take this with another Abx?

Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:42 pm

Post Re: Fosfomiycin? Anyone?
Fosfo was used as a solo therapy in most all the studies I have seen, with up to 85% success, even against resistant organisms where other more dangerous meds had failed.

3 grams daily for a week, continuing with 3 grams every other day (48 hours) for 3 to 5 more weeks.

Very few side effects, and allergic reactions are almost non-existent.

I'll take this over quins, with their persistent side effects and sulfa with it's notorious reputation for allergic reactions any day!

Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:27 am

Post Re: Fosfomiycin? Anyone?
Hi,

After much reading and many thanks to Metanoia, which was very helpful asweel, I've started my full fosfomycine Sunday.

First 7 days, 3g daily, then 5 weeks 3g every 48h.

It was found an ecoli in my sperm that is sensible to fosfo, that's why im trying this treatment.

I would advise to read Metanoia posts, which have a very detailed information about fosfo.

Best of Luck!

Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]