Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Prostatitis question! 

Post Prostatitis question!
Hello everyone,

I am new to these forums and wanted to get some advice from people who have been dealing with prostatitis to see what has helped them. First off, I'm 22 years old who is in great shape, I exercise approximately 5-6 times a week, and love to play basketball. In February, I noticed I was waking up a lot at night to urinate a week after I went to the jacuzzi daily. When I say I woke up a lot, I mean like 5-6 times a night with severe lower back pain. So I went to my urologist, who said that I have prostatitis (even though my urine culture came back negative) and subscribed me a 10 day course of doxycycline. I took the 10 day course and towards the end, I could tell I was getting better as I only woke up once a night to pee. Couple days after my course of antibiotics, the symptoms returned. My back ache got worse, so I went to a chiropractor and got an MRI. They found no bulging discs or anything, just a small synoval cyst on my L4-L5, which the chiropractor said it isn't anything to worry about. Fast forward to two weeks ago, I noticed my flow of urination was becoming less and less, and there was a little pain in the tip of my penis. I went back to the urologist, did another culture, and found no bacteria. Told me to take doxycycline for 3 weeks now and see if I get better. I am on day 18 of 21, and my symptoms continue to stay the same.

Any advice on what I should do or if there is anything I can take to help me? I've tried saw palmetto, I've tried the broth of broccoli, I've tried pumpkin seed oil, and none of them seem to make my symptoms any better or worse. I have sadly cut out coffee from my diet, and am drinking green tea as I read it may have good effects. I have also read that maybe I should go get a semen culture to see if there's any bacteria present in the semen, so that could determine what is wrong possibly and what antibiotics to take for it. Any help would be appreciated! I'm super fed up with everything right now, I am exhausted because of the lack of deep sleep I get, and am slowly getting more and more depressed. Thank you.

Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:28 pm

Post Re: Prostatitis question!
Sulforaphane is found in broccoli sprouts, afaik.

Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:25 am

Post Re: Prostatitis question!
if urination issues are your primary symptom, ask your doctor about an alphablocker.

Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]