Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 FEELING BETTER FINALLY!! SUCCESS WITH STEROIDS 

Post FEELING BETTER FINALLY!! SUCCESS WITH STEROIDS
:D I'm 57 years old. Two years ago, as I was completing an 8 month tread mill program and lost 55lbs and was in the best shape of my life, Out of the blue was diagnosed with prostate infection. The last 2 years have been extremely difficult for me as most exercising has ceased and multiple really bad flairs up which they now call chronic prostatitis occur regularly. After multiple visits to urologists, primaries and orthopedics and pelvic floor therapies, the symptoms did not decrease. I was given the usual anti-biotics and anti-inflammatories with no positive responses.

Now the GOOD NEWS.

I went to a new Orthopedic after being on antibiotics again for 3 weeks with no improvement and described my story to him. He agreed with the pelvic floor therapist that my symptoms are being caused by musco- skeletal as primary cause and nerves. He gave me a shot in the lower right back joint of a steroid. Then I was to start an oral program of 6,5,4,3,2,1 for 6 days of a corticosicoid. ( I think that is spelled wrong)

Within 36 hours of receiving the shot, burning in the penis ceased, the rectum no longer felt like there was a golf ball in there and my stream improved dramatically.
At 72 hrs I attempted sex and had no pain and actually produced semen for the first time in months.

I am now off of my oral steroids for 2 weeks now and I can say my prostate symptoms have maintained a 50-75% reduction in symptoms. For all of you suffering I know that you will agree that is awesome response which I never had. I will be seeing this orthopedic again in like 2 weeks and I will update all .

Good luck and I just don't understand why all the urologists I went to never prescribed this. Open their eyes please. I suffered for 2 years and in 36 hrs. was feeling like my old self.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:17 pm

Post Re: FEELING BETTER FINALLY!! SUCCESS WITH STEROIDS
good to hear.

If you could get the exact name of the drugs that were administered, that would be helpful!

Thanks.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:45 pm

Yes, when I get home I will post them!

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:59 pm

Fantasic news buddy. Well done

Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:21 pm

Thank you, it proves not to give up and keep going till you find the right doctor.

The oral pills were:

mrthylPREDNISolone 4 mg tablet

I took six first day, then 5 , etc until on the sixth day I took 1. So a total of 21 pills. Now the day prior to taking the first 6 pills I was given a steroid shot in the right lower back joint. I am not 100% sure what that was, I believe it was the same as the oral pill , I'll confirm that soon.

Good luck guys!!!!

Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:41 pm

Best of luck - let us know if the pain free days continue over time. I also took Methylprednisolone, same regimen as you did. I also felt more or less cured for several weeks...alas since the underlying problem was never solved all the problems came back as the effects of the steroids wore off. Hopefully your experience is better than mine!

Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:53 pm

In addition to this, I will be setting up physical therapy - there is something called the Mckensie method. Hopefully that will help too. Perhaps, Look in to that too.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:44 pm

I took oral glucocorticoids (I'm not sure if it's the same thing as corticosteroids) but the symptoms didn't change. I couldn't took them longer because that is dangerous. If the body gets used to them your kidneys stop to produce natural cortisone, like if they get lazy.

I guess you mean you get them injected by "shot". Surely that would be totally different to take them orally.

Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:04 pm

Glad to know of the positive response you got from this treatment. Would be happy to hear more positive updates from you.

Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:59 am

Hi Guys,

So here is my update. After getting the shot in the lower right back joint and completing 6,5,4,3,2,1, oral steroid program I went back to my orthopedist who had performed this and prescribed this. So after 4 weeks the prositititis symptoms remained 50% reduced. He was very happy to hear this and was a bit surprised of what an excellent response I got. He is now being aggressive and has supplied me with the 6,5,4,3,2,1, twice for a total of 12 days. I just completed the first 6 days and started with the next 6 days. I already feel 60-70 better......Good luck to all

Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:15 pm

While it's good to be pain free for a while, multiple courses of methylprednisolone aren't without consequence. Steroids are not a long term solution and have a very negative impact on the body as a whole. Sorry to be a negative-nancy but I'd be wary of continuing this in the future. I am impressed you've made it more than six days without any side effects though.

Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:58 pm

oh I absolutely agree with you. I just said to my wife that when I am done with this no more steroids. I see the orthopedists in 2 months and my goal is to see if this treatment allows me to maintain the 50+% reduction in symptoms without steroids or any urological medication I had received.

The only side effect I have had is waking up suddenly with cold sweats but primary says that is to be expected and not serious. He was more concerned about my blood sugar level going up, took labs and actually went down a bit from 3 months ago so he was pleased...

I will be starting physical therapy next week - McKenzie method....

best

Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:20 pm

Sounds like you are going about it in a smart way. It's really frustrating that all these meds have such bad side effects...Why can't there just be a magic pill arghhh!!!!! Star trek where are you!!!???

Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:57 pm

yankeeswin wrote:
:D I'm 57 years old. Two years ago, as I was completing an 8 month tread mill program and lost 55lbs and was in the best shape of my life, Out of the blue was diagnosed with prostate infection. The last 2 years have been extremely difficult for me as most exercising has ceased and multiple really bad flairs up which they now call chronic prostatitis occur regularly. After multiple visits to urologists, primaries and orthopedics and pelvic floor therapies, the symptoms did not decrease. I was given the usual anti-biotics and anti-inflammatories with no positive responses.

Now the GOOD NEWS.

I went to a new Orthopedic after being on antibiotics again for 3 weeks with no improvement and described my story to him. He agreed with the pelvic floor therapist that my symptoms are being caused by musco- skeletal as primary cause and nerves. He gave me a shot in the lower right back joint of a steroid. Then I was to start an oral program of 6,5,4,3,2,1 for 6 days of a corticosicoid. ( I think that is spelled wrong)

Within 36 hours of receiving the shot, burning in the penis ceased, the rectum no longer felt like there was a golf ball in there and my stream improved dramatically.
At 72 hrs I attempted sex and had no pain and actually produced semen for the first time in months.

I am now off of my oral steroids for 2 weeks now and I can say my prostate symptoms have maintained a 50-75% reduction in symptoms. For all of you suffering I know that you will agree that is awesome response which I never had. I will be seeing this orthopedic again in like 2 weeks and I will update all .

Good luck and I just don't understand why all the urologists I went to never prescribed this. Open their eyes please. I suffered for 2 years and in 36 hrs. was feeling like my old self.

Wow, good for you.. it is so nice to hear a review like these. Because mostly it is negative. Taking Steroids Supplements need proper guidance if you misuse it, it might harm your body. Thanks for sharing your experience. It is so inspiring at your age.

ADMIN NOTE: I removed the link to the store due to forum policy on linking to ads. I occasionally allow some links to 'stores' and other places if they have some education information. If other posters want to get the link, please PM this gentleman!
Thanks for your understanding.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:18 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]