Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Meares and Stamey test 

Post Meares and Stamey test
Hello, It has been two years exactly, since this pain began, it all started with a mysterious infection on the head of my penis, I took three days to go to the doctor, because I didn't think it was a big deal (big mistake), so when I finally went to the doctor this infection had already disappeared, he thought it was a fungus, so he never took a sample or made a test, one week later while I was away from the city, the same infection appeared in the enter of my urethra, I was three days away from any hospital, so that horrible burning sensation that was first in my skin, began to climb down my Urethra, like burning liquid, and it took three days to reach my prostate, so I went to another doctor, he gave me antibiotics and never made a test either, so the burning sensation disappeared from my urethra, but never any more from my prostate, after that another doctor made me a test, called urethral discharge, and they found a bacteria called Staphylococus epidermidis, he gave me a two weeks treatment, but the pain never disappeared, so he ran a similar test again, and didn't show anything either, so there is no way i can know if the infection is still hurting me, so I am really interested n the meares Stamley test of the four glasses, I have looked a lot, and I haven't found any urologist willing to do that test, so I was wondering if you can please dive me a name and an address of some doctor that may live near Kansas City, that obviously does this kind of tests.

Thanks for your time and attention, hope read you soon

Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:38 am

Post Re: Meares and Stamey test
Dr. Jon Krieger at Univeristy of Washington Medical Center.

It's a 3 appointment process, so might want to schedule back to back appointments. By the way, he didn't find anything in my prostate, urethra, or bladder. Good luck to you!

If he doesn't find anything he's just going to prescribe you alpha blockers.

Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:32 pm

Post Re: Meares and Stamey test
I never heard of any doctor doing the three (or four) glass test either...Just in literature. And I've been to five uros all affiliated with different hospitals. The ones that go beyond urine culture all seem to favor semen over EPS, and literature I've read does seem to indicate that as well. That said, I just posted that the prostatitis expert I went to yesterday doesn't consider semen culture to be useful for CP patients due to lack of evidence supporting more pathogens in CP sufferers vs. controls group.

Basically I have no idea anymore, I sorta think if you have CP (not acute), it's a crapshoot with testing and whether abxs actually work. It seems like there are very few cases in here where somebody had CP and was cultured for bacteria X that was sensitive to abx Y...Took abx Y...And was cured. It rarely seems that easy though there are a few cases to be sure.

Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]