Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 A question for the the Prostatitis Foundation 

Post A question for the the Prostatitis Foundation
It's been quite some time since I've seen any updates from the individuals who run the Prostatitis Foundation updating users on any developments regarding new treatments and new research. What is the prostatitis Foundation doing to raise awareness and further research for this condition? And what can members do to help? This forum is obviously full of information and provides an outlet for people with this condition but it seems a lot of us are spinning our wheels at this point. Eager for an update from the PF.

ADMIN NOTE: I will forward this to the head of the site and get back to you.

Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:55 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: A question for the the Prostatitis Foundation
I got this today:

The MAPP Research Centers have an immediate need for assistance from prostatitis patients. The MAPP Research Network, a diverse group of doctors from different medical specialties, is trying to unlock the unknowns about prostatitis. We have asked for more research and they are offering it. They need more patients to participate in these clinical trials now underway to fill them to a meaningful size, thus making the statistics more useful for comparisons. We hope this research for a cause and hopefully a cure for prostatitis and your participation is very important.

The group has prepared a brochure for your information. It can be found here: http://prostatitis.org/pdf/SKMBT_C22017012616290.pdf

You will see that these are top research centers in the United States. The research coordinators will answer your questions by phone or email. Perhaps you may qualify to participate. You will probably have to be within a reasonable driving distance from these centers. Contact on of the six centers nearest you for specific information. Emails, phone numbers, and contact people are in the pdf.

Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:05 pm

This is good to see. Might be worth making this thread sticky. Thanks admin.

ADMIN NOTE: Thank you... and good idea!

Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:16 pm

Thanks for this

I live in London , UK so this is not possible for me.

I would be grateful if you can find out if there is something similar in the UK that I can join.

Pritesh

ADMIN NOTE: Good idea. I will pass this along to them and get back with you.

Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:20 pm

Hi there ,

I was wondering if you did hear back from anyone regarding the availability of such trials in London.

ADMIN NOTE: I haven't heard yet, but I'll ask them again.

Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:24 am
Site Admin

From my "Boss Man:" (Just kidding, the guys who run this are some great folks!)

To the forum.

At this time we are not aware of any other organized group doing coordinated research like the MAPP Research Network is doing. That does not mean there are not any, We need any country that may have such a system to report it to the forum. We have read the reports here about the interest in a possible East London advocacy group forming. We hope that happens. Every country needs an advocacy group to promote research for the cause and cure for prostatitis.

There are plenty of individual doctors and Universities pursuing their own ideas and research around the world.

We have information about a Dr. Saada Patrick in Paris who is now working at the Society Guevalt who says he has had success with massage.

We have some information from Karl Monahan in London who maintains a guide to Physical therapists around the world. Always under review and construction he says. www.thepelvicpainclinic.co.uk

WE have an abstract about: Organism Causing Urinary Tract Infection with Special reference to Saphylococcus saprophyticus. Lead author is Amar C. Sajjan. They close by saying that “ The study showed predominance of Saphylococcus saprophyticus in sexually active young women.

WE will be investigating all these things to see if we can get any of their published articles and permission to print them.

Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:36 pm

Thanks for the info ADMIN

It was ME that tried to initiate a meetup in East London but no one showed any interest.

I will contact Prostate Cancer who provide support for ALL prostate problems. I will ask them what is being done in UK in terms of research , clinical trials to help sufferers and find a cure.

http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... ceruk.org/

ADMIN NOTE: Thank you! If you get anything we might be able to use, please let us know.

Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]