Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Allergic Reaction 

Post Allergic Reaction
Well guys, it's time for something weird.

I've had life long allergies, and for the past few years, I've left them untreated because they weren't really that bad.

Fast forward to a year or two ago when I went on antibiotics non-stop for a solid year in trying to fight off what I think is chronic bacterial prostatitis.

So, the antibiotics really threw my system off, I got SIBO, and dysbiosis. Somehow in the midst of that, I developed food allergies. Food allergies really suck. To combat those, I take claritin daily, and try to avoid anything I react to, as a result, I am getting much better.

Also, whenever my girl and I would have unprotected sex, I would get an immediate relapse of urethritis, and if I left that untreated, prostatitis a few days later. That has apparently changed now, while taking probiotics and the antihistamine, we can have unprotected sex again and there don't seem to be any problems.

I am wondering if it's really possible to be allergic to your mate's flora. That would be crazy. Either that, or the VSL probiotic has encouraged my protective flora to regrow and that's fighting off whatever I'm getting from unprotected sex. My girl and I have both routinely tested negative for any STI's.

Anyway, I found this paper at the NIH which talks about allergic urethrits.

http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... 09/?page=1

Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]