Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 My LRP Update 

Post My LRP Update
Hey Guys,

So I did the insane and had the LRP a week ago tomorrow. I guess I had just felt like I had tried everything and hoped for the best.

The surgery was pretty brutal. Woke up in a lot of pain from the gas they use to fill up your bladder to make access easier. Stayed in hospital for two days and then went home with catheter. The catheter sucks but for the most part hasn't been unbearable. The catheter comes out Friday and I can't wait.

Have had periods of little pain and then sharp pain in the same place where prostate was. Also at times have the same full feeling there which is odd but could still be either phantom pain or incredibly irritated nerves since the surgery was very traumatic to that area.

I am praying it works and relieves the pain. I know there are no definites and I took a big risk. Healing can be slow so I am being patient.

Just wanted you all to know what happened and I will update.

Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:41 pm

Post Re: My LRP Update
Good luck man! Stay positive! Looking forward to hearing your updates.

Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:13 pm

Hey Mate.

All the best for your recovery, did they do a biopsy or any tests on the removed items, could have been interesting to know if they found anything in there,

Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:52 am

Hey Satch. Take care and stay in touch.

Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:48 am

Hey, hopefully it will settle down and you'll be in a better situation. I read about one guy who waited a year and it gradually got better after the operation.

Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:55 am

Wow man, definitely keep us up to date, I hope you've managed to beat this thing.

Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:00 pm

Have our fingers crossed. Wish you the best of luck Satch.

Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:49 pm

Good luck Satch!

Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:14 am

Update:

So today I went to URO for removal of the catheter, thank god as I have some urethritis and the catheter was driving me crazy.

Doc comes in and says we got your pathology report back and you had cancer, a small amount but some nonetheless. He then said glad we caught it and got rid of the problem before it became a real problem. Feel lucky and blessed.

Less pain after catheter removed, didn't realize how much I felt it just when I moved. Still have some IC symptoms and urethritis which I hope will clear now that the infected prostate is gone.

Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:52 pm

Wow that's good news. Who did the surgery? Best of luck with recovery - hope all the symptoms resolve!

Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:43 pm

Satch,

I am happy this is working out well for you. And thank god you caught this way before it caused any bigger problems.

I recall your psa was low, so psa really isn't much of an indicator. I guess.

Is the uro recommending any follow up on the cancer or because it was caught so early do you not have to have any follow up radiation or other treatments?

Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:56 am

Hi Satch - has your doc run culture and sensitivity test for possible bladder/urethra infection?

Not a substitute for abx, but for IC & urethritis type symptoms these supplements have been found to be helpful:
hyaluronic acid
marshmallow root (marshmallow is actual plant)
aloe vera (yes you can consume it although I don't care for the taste)
At least they have helped me with urethra sensitivities.

Wishing you a smooth recovery!

Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:58 am

Satch, how old are you man? Just curious, I'm 39, and my psa was 2.8 recently, but my prostate feels better now sort of. I need to retest.

Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:22 pm

Joe W,

I do not think they did a proper bacterial exam of my prostate which is a shame since it was a good opportunity to figure this out.

I had an EPS done a while ago and it was positive for enterrococus. Sensitive to Vancomycin which I got through an IV which didn't do anything except give me horrible ringing ears.

Just so confused what to do as the pain is coming back in the bladder and urethra. Any ideas?

Inflamed, I am 50 and my last PSA was 2.6 before the surgery.

Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:23 pm

I would look into interstitial cystitis man. My aunt had it, said she took olive leaf extract for about a year to get rid of it. It may have naturally gone away on its own though.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:22 am

Yes, just because the main source of the problem has been removed does not mean you are magically bacteria exempt. Demand a culture and sensitivity test of your urine and/or swab of your urethra. For the culture the instruction to the lab should be to culture anything present, even "normal" flora. If you can't get co-operation United Medical Lab will accept samples from patients and do the work. website: http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... allab.com/

Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:17 am

Try a course of Macrobid (nitrofurantoin) . That'll kill just about anything. It doesn't penetrate the prostate but that is no longer a concern.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:47 am

Did any of you guys ever get any PCR testing done?

I see the mayo clinic has a webpage for it in Jacksonville.

I think they will even take a swab sample from reading the page.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:37 pm

Did any of you guys ever get any PCR testing done?

I see the mayo clinic has a webpage for it in Jacksonville.

I think they will even take a swab sample from reading the page.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:37 pm

I had PCR test done after I was diagnosed with chlam.
It returned back negative after 2 doses of azithromicyn, however symptoms did not change at all, they increased actually cuz i ran out of options and the posibility that it was bacterial hence curable.
Prostatitis is depression in the pelvis, literally.

Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:18 am

Hi Satch,

I hope you are recovering well. I am new here and have been following this thread, any updates on how you are doing?

Thanks,
Ohio

Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:21 pm

I've been thinking more and more about this as well. If in another year or two I'm not any better I think I may start considering this as well. Would be good to hear how it ends up for Satch.

Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:47 pm

Latest Update:

Three weeks out tomorrow from the LRP. First, since cancer was found it was probably a good idea regardless of the prostatitis outcome.

I wish I had a better report but the pain is still pretty severe in my urethra, bladder and epidydimis. I am so annoyed that they didn't really do a good pathology report for bacteria on my prostate but I know that even if I had asked they probably wouldn't have done it since it is way outside the norm. Just frustrated as it could have really shown what was there. Doc said it was inflamed, no SH#T. We need male gynocologists who understand our anatomy and infectious disease processes, URO's are just surgeons masquerading as doctors.

I know some of the pain is still from the surgery and the referred irritated nerves. Am still taking antibiotics which helped calm my testicle pain down. Just so frustrated that i might have some IC issues or bladder infection or whatever, of course I have little faith that any doctor could answer this question.

I have read lots of surgery reports for cancer and most guys are pain free pretty quick. I think our nerves are just so hypersensitized from the prostate pain it takes time for them to calm down, I have also seen guys on Krongrad's site who took a little while to feel relief, I actually called him and he was totally evasive and non committal as I think he's been lawyered up. There is no one out there it seems that can help us but ourselves and this forum, kinda pathetic if you ask me.

Just praying I get more relief soon. A year of constant agonizing pain really wears a guy out.

Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:50 pm

Hi Satch,

You've just had major surgery so the swelling and inflammation is likely to persist for a while and is likely to differ greatly from one person to another. Just hang in there, I hope you get some relief soon. My thoughts are with you.

Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:08 pm

Satch, when you're up for it man, give the anti-candida diet a try for a couple of weeks to see if that helps out some. That's what I'm doing now and it seems to cut down on the symptoms a little bit.

Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next