Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Back to Illya tomorrow - current update 

Post Back to Illya tomorrow - current update
So after the month of bells tea + prostaphil + meloxam (muscle relaxant) + alfuzosin (alpha blocker) im heading back to illya tomorrow for follow up.

Overall i have noticed a general decrease in dark urine and the burning have been 80% better. Little tenderness on ends of balls.
A decent drop in the sharp lower left abdominal pain that i get. Erections are fine , kinda feel the premature ejac is returning but cant be certain.

what iv noticed most is my abdominal pain is rarely in the morning and 80% at night and seems to start when body is getting its first bowel movements and pain seems to drop after it. Im starting to yhink iv got rid of the bacterial side of things and am stuck with IBS (after 10 days ciprp then 3 months bactrim) and overly tight muscles from body in self defense mode during bacterial prostatits ?
Ill add i get anal itching occasinally and i fell stinging on the anus it self which i feel is from hard stool making cuts.

any1 offer any insight ? Or had the sharp lower left pain ?
how to approach the urologist tomorow about this ?
also considerong asking for semen cultures

Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:03 am

Post Re: Back to Illya tomorrow - current update
Would also like to add a symtpom i have a lot.
i find my testicles cold to touch often and occasionally the penis itself and feel cold . mainly the testicles though

Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:40 am

You probably need to get on a good probiotic for a while. VSL3 is helping me a lot, but it's a very high count probiotic, and some people need to start out small first. Sounds like your circulation is off down there, I had that a few times. Inflammation can hinder blood flow in that region. Walking, or a little cardio may help.

Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:47 am

Inflamed wrote:
You probably need to get on a good probiotic for a while. VSL3 is helping me a lot, but it's a very high count probiotic, and some people need to start out small first. Sounds like your circulation is off down there, I had that a few times. Inflammation can hinder blood flow in that region. Walking, or a little cardio may help.

i was thinking the same..
is ibs common with you guys after several bouts of sntibiotics ?

can ibs sort of mimic prostatitis symtpoms? i already read that back pain and sharp aches in stomach are common with ibs

Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:20 pm

he'll do a semen culture for you. But I would request one that is covered by OHIP. He also works with a private lab for testing, but its $375 and I'm not sure I trust them. My insurance refused to cover this testing, and the owner of the private lab is also a Russian guy which makes me a bit suspicious (because Ilia is also a Russian guy). Up to you though.

Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:05 pm

I have noticed my parts a bit cold as well...kind of wierd. Just from time to time.
let us know howmit goes with ilya

Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:27 pm

Yep, IBS and intestinal issues like SIBO are implicated in some cases of prostatitis. Both of those can result from bouts of antibiotic usage. My personal theory is that dysbiosis inhibits zinc and possibly magnesium absorption, which the prostate needs. Dysbiosis also lets negative floral species (like candida and whatever else) over populate.

Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:23 pm

Yea....i noticed that owner is russian as well and figured they are buddies and ghats why he sends people there. The office looks professional and doesnt look like a disreputable place. The ohip tests are fine for hlam and gon...but not so good for mycoplasma and even candida as per ilya.
Its free so why not ask for it as well.

Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:27 pm

$350-375 is around what bedford labs is charging for their PCR test which is highly sensitive as well, so it may not be extremely unreasonable if they can successfully diagnose a culprit. It does suck that insurance doesn't help though, that's what I ran into when I saw Toth.

Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:10 pm

Hi guys so todays checkuo was brief.
we both agreed about potential ibs and said probiotics will be a good choice.
he checked over my results (neg coag staph) and said what i also though - lets do further testing before more antobiotics. im getting urine and semen cultures / mycoplasma and a yeast test (stool i believe) at a outside lab but i pushed further and asked about mycoplasma genitalium and he seemed not interested but I pushed for testing so im geting semen / urine and DNA mycoplasma /ureaplasma testing in the hospitals pathology and lab department

overall no real good or bad updates pretty plateud rifht noe with just a sharp lower stomach ache and pccasional leg tingles... testicles still cold which he saod was caised by muscle spasms..

im excited to see what the tests say or if its all Ibs related now and needing a good physio to work my tight hips over..

Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:08 am

Guys, are you satisfied with your treatment with Ilya? Since I started my treatment with him 6 months ago he never found any pathogens in my urine and semen tests. All my test came back negative but he keeps on saying that my infection might be dormant and may came back strong anytime from now so he keeps putting me on antibiotics. I feel that the cause of mine is not bacteria at all. I met a Canadian doctor who works as a Urologist in Arkansas and he encouraged me to see Dr. Curtis Nickel in Kingston being a world renowned Urologist who's expertise is on CP\CPPS. I thought it's worth a visit.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:20 am

Convenient that...some mythical dormant infection that cannot be cured or detected...but hey keep making office visits and taking these abxs. Every other infection I've ever had in my life was easily cured through antibiotics, but for some reason the magical prostate cannot be so cured they say, even after months and months of abxs.

You can't just keep taking antibiotics forever or else you'll end up with worse problems than prostatitis, trust me on that one I know. I'd get a second opinion and pursue the CPPS route. I feel better doing internal therapy than I ever felt on any drugs. Even if it's not a true cure it makes my life more or less normal at this point. Certainly easier on the body than abxs were.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:15 am

Hey yakuh....ilya found mycoplasma and candida in me so I was happy he found that. He is saying my azithro cured my myco and i have not seen any improvement. So, did i have mycoplasma and it was not the cause? I dont know. I think the candida is a result of the 6 weeks of sulpha i did before ilya.
Someone here has seen dr nickel already and didnt get much help from him.
Im.not sure ilya will be able to help me at this point...but what other options do i have. I think urologists really dont know what is causing this and are guessing.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:27 am

I've seen both Ilia and Nickel - they are basically polar opposites. The only value I see with Ilia is eliminating the bacterial cause - and unfortunately this comes through taking heavy regiments of ABx, which is obviously risky. At a certain point, you have to accept that the ABx had no effect and move on from the bacterial theory. Funny thing is that private insurance in Canada will cover Ilia 100% up to $10,000 despite his approach being largely debunked, but they only cover physio/psychological services at 80% up to $500 for the year which basically amounts to 2 sessions of each - very annoying.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:36 am

Yeah, My doctor wanted me to keep taking antibiotics too. I stopped. If your trouble is being caused by bacteria and the antibiotics aren't killing it then all you might be doing is just building some kind of resistance.
I think that report about 70%-80% of people getting better or improving is probably accurate. I think no matter what you take (including nothing at all) you probably have a 70% chance of improving because of your body's natural response.
The antibiotics were really wearing on me after a while.

The part that worries me is the post about cysts that have developed after chlamydia diagnoses that had supposedly been cured but prostate symptoms persisting (now showing negative for bacteria on tests). The guys who are posting about having sex with their significant others and getting urethritis (showing negative for bacteria on test). My condition started out with urethritis that went away after 3 week course of antibiotics but prostate problems arose after (showing negative for bacteria on tests - except staph on one occasion). Some guys are getting prostate massage and antibiotic shots in prostate and becoming symptom free (showing negative bacteria on tests). Some guys are getting tested repeatedly with continuous negative results and then eventually a bacteria is coming up positive after multiple tests.

I'm trying to figure out why these things are happening if there is no bacteria present.

I get the comment about the mythical bacteria below and I can relate. The problem I have with the alternate explanations (pelvic floor forgot how to act, structural alignment problems, stress, diet, it being all in your head, etc.) is that all of these are just as mythical. There is nothing solid that is saying these are the reasons either. There isn't a test that is giving a positive result that these are the causes.

Anyway, I feel like I'm "beating a dead horse" so I'll stop.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:17 pm

overitalready wrote:
Yeah, My doctor wanted me to keep taking antibiotics too. I stopped. If your trouble is being caused by bacteria and the antibiotics aren't killing it then all you might be doing is just building some kind of resistance.
I think that report about 70%-80% of people getting better or improving is probably accurate. I think no matter what you take (including nothing at all) you probably have a 70% chance of improving because of your body's natural response.
The antibiotics were really wearing on me after a while.

The part that worries me is the post about cysts that have developed after chlamydia diagnoses that had supposedly been cured but prostate symptoms persisting (now showing negative for bacteria on tests). The guys who are posting about having sex with their significant others and getting urethritis (showing negative for bacteria on test). My condition started out with urethritis that went away after 3 week course of antibiotics but prostate problems arose after (showing negative for bacteria on tests - except staph on one occasion). Some guys are getting prostate massage and antibiotic shots in prostate and becoming symptom free (showing negative bacteria on tests). Some guys are getting tested repeatedly with continuous negative results and then eventually a bacteria is coming up positive after multiple tests.

I'm trying to figure out why these things are happening if there is no bacteria present.

I get the comment about the mythical bacteria below and I can relate. The problem I have with the alternate explanations (pelvic floor forgot how to act, structural alignment problems, stress, diet, it being all in your head, etc.) is that all of these are just as mythical. There is nothing solid that is saying these are the reasons either. There isn't a test that is giving a positive result that these are the causes.

Anyway, I feel like I'm "beating a dead horse" so I'll stop.

Thank you all for replying, see my issues started as epidimitis which then turned into a bladder infection.

Ecoli was the cause, my recent tests showed no ecoli but now shows neg coag staph which people tell me can be a conteminant thing while others have had it treated and feel better.

Im starting to think people who start with bacterial, if not treated fast enough (took me 8 weeks before i convinced them it wasnt uti or std) it turns into a muscular issue eg everything around that area contracts to protect and then forgets how to relax. once my final tests return and are not bacterial il go the physio/chiropractor route and look at any pelvic/ back issues

Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:50 pm

freakinfrustrated wrote:
Hey yakuh....ilya found mycoplasma and candida in me so I was happy he found that. He is saying my azithro cured my myco and i have not seen any improvement. So, did i have mycoplasma and it was not the cause? I dont know. I think the candida is a result of the 6 weeks of sulpha i did before ilya.
Im.not sure ilya will be able to help me at this point...but what other options do i have. I think urologists really dont know what is causing this and are guessing.

I'm seeing a chiropractor right now in Downtown for a month of treatment. He said my body is tilted and my right leg is shorter than my left one. He do manual adjustment\manipulation in my pelvis every time I see him, I had 3 sessions already and I have 5 sessions left. I did not see any difference so far, maybe it's early to tell.

Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:18 am

yakuh11 wrote:
freakinfrustrated wrote:

I'm seeing a chiropractor right now in Downtown for a month of treatment. He said my body is tilted and my right leg is shorter than my left one. He do manual adjustment\manipulation in my pelvis every time I see him, I had 3 sessions already and I have 5 sessions left. I did not see any difference so far, maybe it's early to tell.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=385

Not sure if you read this but maybe show your chiro this article. Shows you are doing research and it may help him find other issues than what he has now.

where / how much is he if you dont mind me asking

Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:58 pm

Thanks Stephen, yeah I've already read this post before this is why I decided to try the Chiro.
Initial cost is $99 (assessment )
$65 for follow up which is 20 min of manual adjustments\manipulation

Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]