Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Very Frequent Urinations, Could I have Prostatitis? FollowUp 

Post Very Frequent Urinations, Could I have Prostatitis? FollowUp
Hey guys, Just a real quick rundown of my condition, For a about the last 6 weeks I have been urinating way more than normal. I can pee and about 15-20 mins later feel like i can pee again. I went to the urologist 4 weeks ago and he put me on a month of cipro and dont really feel like it has done much. I am due to go back in this Thurs. I had all the blood test done for everything and it all came back neg as well as my urine. In looking at other stories on this board I really dont have pain anywhere, just peeing alot. I may have a tad bit of lower middle back pain every now and then but not to bad and goes away quickly. My prostate was checked and everything looked fine. Just wondering what you guys think, My wife was in rehab for 3 months so i played mom and dad to the kids and was very stressed out during those three months but she is finally home. Maybe stress has something to do with it. What do you guys think? Any suggestions? Thanks

Last edited by jerryj on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:58 pm

Post Re: Very Frequent Urinations, Could I have Prostatitis?
Flomax and some benzos untilled you get a semen culture to determine what antibiotic to take.

Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:15 pm

Crown, do you think it sounds like i have prostatitis or something else? Do you think that i am taking the wrong antibotic or something? Is there anything i need to tell or ask my urologist on Thurs specificily? Thanks for the info ....

Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:54 pm

Hi,sounds like if all you tests came back negative blood and urine sound like you have prostatitis,maybe just an acute attack.Frequent times you have to pee that's what it sounds like.Hope you feel better.

Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:39 pm

Post Re: Very Frequent Urinations, Could I have Prostatitis? Foll
I just wanted to come back and let you guys know whats going on with me just in case you have any suggestions. My urologist did the scope on me and said everything in my bladder looked fine but he did say my prostate looked a bit bigger than it should be at my age but not that much bigger. He gave me toviaz and rapaflo. After about 4 or 5 days of the rapaflo i was feeling much better, being i wasnt peeing as much bc this is my only problem really, just frequesnt urination. Well it seems that the rapaflo lasted around a week and a half and now i feel like it has quit working and im back to square one. Not sure what to do now.......

Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:04 pm

Just to check back in, Im still urinating much more than i should be. There is still no pain or anything like that, just a lot of peeing. Doc has me on 2 months of Bactrium. Anyone with any thoughts or suggestions????

Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:19 pm

Well, not its been about 5 1/2 months , many rounds of different antibotics,rapiflo,uroxatrol, a cysto,etc.... I am still having lots of frequency, only pain i experience is in the middle of my lower back, now the dr is trying elmron on me. I dont know what to think, any suggestions or advice?

Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]