Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 life after pain 

Post life after pain
Hi all
I was in constant pain for a long time, but now I'm not and life is fine again. I've moved on with my life but I resolved to write if I ever got through the pain so here I am.

The pain lasted 5 months at a high level. Had it continued, I believe it would have gradually ruined my life. I did antibiotics, anti-inflamatories and acupuncture, all of which provided temporary relief, but didnt actually improve the condition- I don't believe. The pain tapered away on its own- so gradually that I hardly noticed the improvement.

About 6 months ago the pain was down to a minor annoyance. By now it has no effect on my life. There's a lingering perception I might call a slight tightness but its nothing i would consider pain.

For the time being at least, everything is as it was before. I'm healthy and active.

Thats it- I could talk at length about my situation, what works, what doesnt, what I think this whole thing is, but I mean to leave this as a message of hope for people like me. The hopelessness at least as difficult as the pain, so I wanted to convey the possibility for a return to normal.

Happy to answer any questions if people want to relate- For people suffering, try not to let the pain change your habits. It helped me to keep focus on my old goals, even when the pain brought them substantially into question. It was legit dark times, but I'm grateful now that I didnt skip a beat, even when the day-to-day seemed ridiculous under such vexing pain

Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:11 am

Post Re: life after pain
Thanks for posting mate. Could you please expand on the type of pain you had and how it all started ?cheers

Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:45 am

It started overnight, with no cause that I can figure out. Basically it felt like a small fish hook was caught in the tip of my wang.

I was certain it was a problem with the urethra, some cyst or infection in the lining. When I got a cystoscopy though, I noticed the pain amplified when the camera passed through the prostate.

Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:10 pm

looks like your problem was with your urethra and not with your prostate

Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:18 am

Thanks for sharing

Did they find anything from your tests?
How did the pain go away?

Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]