Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Medical Disability 

Post Medical Disability
Hi guys - just curious about whether anyone has been forced or has made the decision to take medical leave from their job as a result of this condition, and if so, whether they were able to successfully do so via disability insurance. I am considering going this route to see if reducing stress and eliminating constant sitting improves things. I've been pushing this off, and the idea terrifies me a bit, but 2.5 years later I am running out of things to try, and the constant discomfort is definitely having an impact on my job performance.

Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:25 pm

Post Re: Medical Disability
I've thought about it, but I can't afford it as the disability income is only about 60% of what I would make via working. It sucks, but I guess the only positive is that it toughens me up, for whatever that's worth at this point.

Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:26 pm

I tried to apply a disability from my insurance (Greatwest Life) but they denied it. My family physician who happened to be my good friend tried her best to explain how bad my condition is with CPPS plus depression and anxiety but the insurance people did not consider the condition as a big deal. I'm currently under unpaid leave from my work for two months now, thank God I have enough savings and investments to sustain my cost of living and the cost of my treatment from a private clinic. Being away from work and not having a job related stress helped a lot.

Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:17 am

Gwl will cover Ilias treatment 100% up to 10k fyi

Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:39 pm

"bad my condition is with CPPS plus depression and anxiety but the insurance people did not consider the condition as a big deal"

This here makes me so mad who are they to decide if your health condition is a big deal? they're not you.

the pelvic region is the most sensitive area on the body, to have pain there is hell, on top of all the other things that are effected because of the location of the pain.

CPPS is not simple back pain or something like that (not to say back pain can't get bad). no one seems to understand how bad CPPS is or care to understand. Like hello people imagine what it's like to have the area once associated with pleasure turn into a source of constant pain. how can they not see how hard just the mental aspect of this is?

One of the main reasons we're here is to reproduce to spread our genes, well for us that's completely ruined, at least for me. nothing but extreme amped up pain after sex for at least a week so i don't even bother, relationships? na, not for us. i wouldn't even enjoy one if i had it because of the pain, so to me it's meaningless.

Not to say reproducing is the meaning of life, i believe the meaning is much deeper, but it's a major reason we're here, according to nature it's pretty much the only reason we are here.

Dealing with the realization of being broken down there makes you feel like there's no reason to be alive.

All that being said the main reason i wrote this is because i hear of girls with IC that get disability all the time, matter fact im talking to one right now. The fact that us man get almost for sure a no is unacceptable.

Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]