Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 massage 

Post massage
hi there .

has anyone tried the "Aneros" prostate massager for relief of symptoms ?

Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:20 pm

Post Re: massage
jake42 wrote:
hi there .

has anyone tried the "Aneros" prostate massager for relief of symptoms ?

No, but I am seriously thinking about it. I feel with all of you guys because prostatitis is like living hell! My prostatitis is chronical and bacterial, but after 2 years of antibiotics I have also come to the point where test were all good, except there is an Enterococcus faecalis in my urine, but my doctor said that that particular bacteria is a normal, and that the amount I have is not suppose to be treated at all!

First bacteria I had was Haemophilus influenzae, and UZV showed my prostate really being infected. It was covered with little white capsules. After a month of antibiotics it was gone. I thought the problem was solved. But I have started to feel symptoms again. Went back through all the tests for STDs, everything except UZV! Tests showed nothing but Enterococcus faecalis. My doctor did say that this bacteria can cause prostatitis and did put me on antibiotics. I was on and off for almost 2 years. And while taking them I would usually feel good, but as soon as I was off, symptoms would come back. After last antibiotic treatment my doctor said that she really doesn't know what to do anymore because my diagnosis was very unusual. Everything good, the only possible thing that could cause problems is bacteria that is a normal inhabitant of the urinary tract.

Saw palmetto and things like that did not help me at all. Just a waste of money. They only thing I could recommend are several sorts of teas that help big time with symptoms, but do not cure you. Birch tea is one of them and it is great!

I do get symptoms like once or twice a month, and what I find very unusual is that the only time I feel them is when I have to use the toilet, and I guess that puts pressure on the prostate. Could bowel movement affect prostate that much because ill prostate is very sensitive? I start to feel horrible burning in my prostate after the toilet, and I would like to say that I almost never feel any pain. Just that horrible burning.

I am very confused, because most people that talk about bowel movement and prostatitis are the ones who suffer from non-bacterial prostatitis , which is not my case.

Also, I am very interesting in trying prostate massage, but then again I find all these opinions where some claim it is the best thing ever and should be practised, others warn that it could be very dangerous etc. Is there any scientific research that could really prove massage to be dangerous, or is it just some "expert's" opinion?

Men find this particularly frustrating when asking for help. Almost everything that is there and could be used as a treatment for prostatitis has two sides of the medal. One side show massive help and improvement, other side shows scary opinions where these things could seriously damage health!

Many people who have practised massage even without antibiotics claim they feel so much better, and I don't think that would be the case if massage would lead to the infection spread throughout the body.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:07 am

I wanted you guys to see this before I have to edit out a couple more names. (Deference to the medical privacy laws.)

Mike H

Testimonial
Inbox
x

6:12 AM (10 hours ago)

to administrator
Dear Sir/Madam

I was a prostatitis sufferer for many years and about 7 or 8 years ago I became symptom free, I had a hard time with doctors and hospitals and the usual drug therapy regimes.
I want to share my experience with your website if it might help other people who are going through what I went through. Perhaps you might be able to put this in your archive somewhere
it is my testimonial. I wrote it about 6 years ago, since then I have been free of prostatitis. Prostate massage was the answer for me.

Here it is:

Fellow sufferers,

I am a prostatitis sufferer, I wish to share what I have learned about this condition over the
past 6 or 7 years.
1. In my opinion the best website for information on diagnosis and treatment:
http://www.prostatitis.org/
http://www.prostatitis.org/causes.html
This site has a wealth of informatioin for you and explanations of most of the various
diagnoses although not so easy to navigate persevere because it is all there.
2. Inform yourself about your anatomy and recommended treatments by reading this
book:
" The Prostatitis Syndromes" by Bradley R. Hennenfent.MD
Dr. Hennenfent is co-founder and director of The Prostatitis Foundation, an American
organisation. This book opened my eyes to sound analysis of this problem. You can order
it on line through the American Amazon site at http://www.Amazon.com.
3. My research and personal experience points to enlarged prostate being due to some
form of blockage of the tiny ducts within the gland, sometimes due to calcification,
perhaps due to urinary reflux (in my case). This can only be effectively treated by some
form of manual massage or drainage sometimes together with an antibiotic if a culture has
been performed. The blockage can result in a bacterial infection and trap it within the
prostate gland. Taking prescribed antibiotics without identifying a bacteria is not
recommended. The prostate is a hard walled gland and it is not well served by blood
vessels, anti biotics are carried in the blood and are not particularly effective at
penetrating the prostate. Antibiotics are often ineffective used on there own. I am
convinced that I was susceptible to blockage(s) for many years and prostate massage freed
up the ducts which reduced inflamation.
4. Dr. Hennenfent compares prostatitis to mastitis in women where the ducts within the
mammary gland get blocked due to calcification, the treatment for this is massage over
time to expel the blockage. I believe this should be the first recommended treatment for
prostatitis, since the prostate is continually producing fluid throughout our adult lives
when we age and our tubes loosen a bit the likeliood of backing up of small amounts of
urine for example, increases. Urologists used to perform regular massage and drainage of
the prostate in the past, before the fashion for finding an answer in a pill.
5. Reading through all the posts on this forum bps-assoc@yahoogroups.co.uk .
I recommend reading all of the posts ******************* to this forum bps-assoc@yahoogroups.co.uk .
I understand how stressful and depressing this particular condition is, dealing with
consultants who do not follow good medical practice by prescribing anti biotics on
guesswork or drugs which they know will probably not work is disheartening when you are
in chronic and sometimes acute pain. Inform yourselves because this will give you the
ability to be the active agent in your own treatment, this can help the mental side of
dealing with prostatitis.
This condition in most cases is part of the ageing process and will need managing as you
might manage backpain or the drop of your libido. I have been pain free for about 3
months, I had a recurrence recently and I massaged my own prostate which dealt with the
recurrence.
I learned to do this through the description at:
http://www.prostatitis.org/drainage.htmland
http://www.prostatitis.org/doityourself.html
This is not everybody's answer and is not as effective as having it done by a third party but
It worked for me even though I took along time and many attempts to get it right and to
understand what I was doing.
I would like to ask a question of ******************************?
How possible would it be to set a up a clinic specifically for drainage treatment in London
following something akin to the Manila protocol?
Sincerely
Tim

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:27 pm

I ordered a Aneros helix I believe, a few months ago and used it to massage my prostate. It took months of massage, but it helped clear things up and now I no longer need it. Also get a vibrating massager to massage your entire pelvic area. Remember to drink lots of fluid and take sitz baths. This combo can be life saving.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:53 pm

Neverlookback wrote:
I ordered a Aneros helix I believe, a few months ago and used it to massage my prostate. It took months of massage, but it helped clear things up and now I no longer need it. Also get a vibrating massager to massage your entire pelvic area. Remember to drink lots of fluid and take sitz baths. This combo can be life saving.

Are you suffering from bacterial prostatitis and were you worried that you would just spread infections throughout your body? That is my main concern. If I was suffering from non-bacterial prostatitis, I would start with massages right away.

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:24 am

I had non-bacterial. But according to the readings I have done, it says massage should be done while on antibiotics. The bacteria becomes protected once embedded deep in the prostate and will not be affected by antibiotics. Massaging is the only way to get fresh blood and antibiotic surging through the acini (i believe they are called)

Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:43 am

Neverlookback wrote:
I had non-bacterial. But according to the readings I have done, it says massage should be done while on antibiotics. The bacteria becomes protected once embedded deep in the prostate and will not be affected by antibiotics. Massaging is the only way to get fresh blood and antibiotic surging through the acini (i believe they are called)

I was on antibiotics for 2 years so you can just imagine what effect that had on my digestive system. I am not taking anything at the moment and haven't been for more than a year as my doctor said she doesn't know what to do, so I was thinking; would it be a risk if I start with massage without antibiotics?

Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:53 am

Look at it this way... What options are you left with? Massage just stimulates blood flow to the prostate, which is desperately needed to heal it. The thing with massage is that it will get worse before it gets better. So don't feel like you made a mistake. Don't over do it, start off slow. Your body can fight infection naturally without antibiotics. Most succes stories are from those who have been massaging regularly.

Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:48 am

Neverlookback wrote:
Look at it this way... What options are you left with? Massage just stimulates blood flow to the prostate, which is desperately needed to heal it. The thing with massage is that it will get worse before it gets better. So don't feel like you made a mistake. Don't over do it, start off slow. Your body can fight infection naturally without antibiotics. Most succes stories are from those who have been massaging regularly.

Yes that's a good point. I'll give it a go as I have nothing else left. Thank you for the help and advice.

Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]