Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 battling this stupid condition!! (new member) 

Post Re: battling this stupid condition!! (new member)
It is interesting, reishi and other similar medicinal mushroomsthat that contain certain polysaccharides, have been shown to boost the immune system, that is how they kill bacteria etc, it appears not through a direct antibiotic action. It is possibly worth a go if antibiotics have failed etc.

Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:15 am

I will look into it if the current meds dont work. I know Yakuh has suggested reishi mushrooms as well. I guss i have a hard time understanding how these mushrooms would work when all these meds have failed.

Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:33 am

Been awhile...pretty much have given up any hope. Been 1.5 years now and no improvement. Did 5 weeks of fosfo and doxy. Saw ilia and he wanted to try clavulin before trying another anti fungal. Went back to see dr Jarvi at mt sinai and he flat out said he has no clue whats going on. Showed picture of swolle urethra post ejaculation because they try and say we are over analyzing. Once both guys saw pick they agreed something not right.
Jarvi sent me for urine culture and then another at special lab in 6 weeks. I requested another mycoplasma pcr even though last dna teat came neg.
Jarvi said not to take clavulin as we are just guessing at this point. He is hoping i get better or worse in 6 weeks and he can figure it out. Pcr for mycoplasma accurate?

Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:28 pm

Lab i was sent to doesnt do pcr tests anymore. Sent to another lab who just farms it out to dynacare which is culture only...all came back negative.
Seeing dr jarvi who is supposedly one of best in toronto. He says he has no clue whats wrong with me. Will call dr nicle in kingston and see if he will accept me as he doesnt accept new patients usually.
Showed him pics of swelling and he agreed something is wrong but with all the antibiotics i have taken...he cant think of a bacteria that it could be. Still seeing ilia this week as well...

Tue May 01, 2018 8:35 pm

freakinfrustrated wrote:
Lab i was sent to doesnt do pcr tests anymore. Sent to another lab who just farms it out to dynacare which is culture only...all came back negative.
Seeing dr jarvi who is supposedly one of best in toronto. He says he has no clue whats wrong with me. Will call dr nicle in kingston and see if he will accept me as he doesnt accept new patients usually.
Showed him pics of swelling and he agreed something is wrong but with all the antibiotics i have taken...he cant think of a bacteria that it could be. Still seeing ilia this week as well...

Wow!!! I can't believe they haven't figure out your condition until now. It's been more than a year. It's just hard to believe that there is no bacterial element since your condition started after receiving an oral sex from a stranger. Or probably your condition is caused by both bacteria and non bacteria. Unless the bacteria can not be identified by culture and it became resistant to abx this is why your condition remain the same. I saw Ilia 3 weeks ago and my prostate is pretty normal now. I'm 98% symptom free, just occasional mild discomfort after ejaculation which disappears after few hours, Ilia said it is due to nerve damage that was caused by infection and this will disappear eventually. Since you are a catholic I urged you to surrender it to GOD. Remember last year I asked you to attend a healing mass at the church close to Fairview mall? That played a role in my healing too.

Fri May 04, 2018 3:20 am

Frustrated,
Have you done another TRUS recently? I'd be interested to know if you have started to develop calcifications? I'm starting to believe calcifications per say don't have an effect that much on ability to heal. Seems like its a toss up whether you get cured or not, even with calcifications or not.

Mon May 14, 2018 8:18 pm

dom_hend wrote:
Frustrated,
Have you done another TRUS recently? I'd be interested to know if you have started to develop calcifications? I'm starting to believe calcifications per say don't have an effect that much on ability to heal. Seems like its a toss up whether you get cured or not, even with calcifications or not.

I have calcification's in my prostate and I'm now totally cleared from infection. No more inflammation and I'm feeling 95% symptom free for the past 1.5 years.

Mon May 14, 2018 10:36 pm

I have not had another trus recently so i cant say if i have any calcification now but i had none last time. I dont know if it has any affect on our conditions.

Tue May 15, 2018 3:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6