Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 battling this stupid condition!! (new member) 

Post Re: battling this stupid condition!! (new member)
Interesting stuff....my doctor said i had tight muscles in there when he did last DRE....i still lean towards bacteria causing it but what super bacteria can withstand doxy, azithro, sulpha, moxi, cephalax....only anti b
Biotic left is a plagyl....and i tested negative for trich.

Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:34 am

Seeing ilya tomorrow. 3 weeks of moxi and 2 of cephalax did nothing. My right achilles is very tender and sore. Wondering if its from moxi or from working out. Think im done with moxi, will ask ilya tomorrow. He plans on prostate massage tomorrow as well.
I have been reading alot about dr bahn in cali....seems like there is some success there. Im not at point to try the injections....but if i try everything else and they dont work. Maybe....
Scared that i will live with this forever....wife says i should think about if there is no cure. At what point do we give up looking for results. Im better off than some on here. No pain mostly....just swollen and discomfort post ejaculation. Some testicle discomfort from time to time. Head of penis red and inflammed. Dribbling post pee.
Can get thru day with minimal discomfort....but sex life ruined.

Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:45 pm

After my experience I think a lot of these oral sex / infidelity are truly non-bacterial for the most part. We take all these antibiotics and they don't really do anything at all for us except cause potentially harmful side effects. I believe they also produce placebo and/or anti-inflammatory effects. I've been reading A Headache in the Pelvis, and it really is starting to make sense. This condition seems to be really common in younger successful men for some reason.

If you haven't read the book, you probably should. I wish I would have read it sooner before I wasted 6 weeks of vacation time in Greece taking numerous antibiotics and experiencing twice daily prostate massages. I sold my car and spent about $8k over there. Another friend I made in Greece spent about $22k and he isn't any better.

The book describes the following factors for onset of pelvic floor disfunction: high periods of stress, weight lifting, pelvic surgery, anxiety producing sexual encounter, pelvic trauma, bacterial prostatitis, compulsive sexual activity & excessive masturbation, prolonged sitting, and extensive bike riding. I don't know about you, but at least 5 of those factors apply to me. I think the anxiety filled sexual encounter can be the tipping point for many of us.

For me, daily internal PT and staying relaxed has helped more than any pills I've taken. Also, time seems to be in our favor.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:08 am

LabMonkey333 wrote:
After my experience I think a lot of these oral sex / infidelity are truly non-bacterial for the most part. We take all these antibiotics and they don't really do anything at all for us except cause potentially harmful side effects. I believe they also produce placebo and/or anti-inflammatory effects. I've been reading A Headache in the Pelvis, and it really is starting to make sense. This condition seems to be really common in younger successful men for some reason.

If you haven't read the book, you probably should. I wish I would have read it sooner before I wasted 6 weeks of vacation time in Greece taking numerous antibiotics and experiencing twice daily prostate massages. I sold my car and spent about $8k over there. Another friend I made in Greece spent about $22k and he isn't any better.

The book describes the following factors for onset of pelvic floor disfunction: high periods of stress, weight lifting, pelvic surgery, anxiety producing sexual encounter, pelvic trauma, bacterial prostatitis, compulsive sexual activity & excessive masturbation, prolonged sitting, and extensive bike riding. I don't know about you, but at least 5 of those factors apply to me. I think the anxiety filled sexual encounter can be the tipping point for many of us.

For me, daily internal PT and staying relaxed has helped more than any pills I've taken. Also, time seems to be in our favor.

Hi Lab! I'm glad to hear that internal PT has helped you. Speaking of younger successful men who lives a pretty stressful life, weight lifting, prolonged sitting, bacterial prostatitis etc. I agree it makes sense to me as well. I remember before I was diagnosed with this condition I was living a pretty stressful life working a career for a top financial company, running a business in Real Estate building and development, managing my rental property and seeing my real estate clients during weekends. I worked like a machine. I abused myself and now it's time to pay the ultimate price. I used to do weight lifting for ten years too. Dr. Curtis Nickel, an expert in this field wrote in his article his beliefs of some cases of bacterial prostatitis which later developed into a non bacterial type. I hope it's not too late yet to fix all the damaged that we caused to ourselves.
How long have you been doing the PT? I haven't started mine yet.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:49 am

Wow! I didn't realize it could be $8,000-$20,000 to go see that guy. I was actually considering it based on your post of progress earlier.

It's a confusing thing for sure. Maybe coming into contact with someone else who has a strong natural flora irritates our own bacteria in the urogenital tract and causes it to go crazy. Maybe sometimes nothing shows up because its always been there and things are just out of balance bacteria-wise. Maybe it is staph a lot of the times. I don't know anymore. It makes my head hurt just thinking about it.

One thing I am very sure of is that I now have a diseased prostate. In the beginning I was worried about having to live the rest of my life in misery with what felt like a UTI. My concerns have broadened to date. Now the longer this goes on the more concerned I become about prostate cancer.

Satch had cancer in his prostate with a fairly low PSA. He may have saved his life by acting when he did even though it sounded like his doctor was very apprehensive about removing his prostate (given the fact that no cancer had been detected prior to surgery). I can't help but think prostatitis plays a major role in developing prostate cancer no matter what the cause of the prostatitis is. It's definitely a tricky business.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:30 am

I've said a hundred times on here how successful internal PT has been for me so I agree 100% with Lab's post. I do have some conflict though:

1. On one hand, when trying to figure out why this condition has gone on for so long, I have to consider that I'm still pretty young (36yo), have been in awesome health and physical condition all my life, have always healed quickly from injuries or sickness, have never even had to take an abx for an ailment prior to this...so what could be so special about my prostate that would cause it to be painful for so long? If it was an infection, why would this be so special and cause me to suffer for years when every other sickness or injury I've ever gotten was over in a period of weeks? When I look back at the whole saga...the only thing that's really special about it is that it resulted from a stupid extramarital sexual encounter which caused me more guilt and shame than anything I ever thought I'd experience in my life. So I can really get on the wagon from AHIP that it was stress that triggered it and has caused it to go on for so long.

2. On the other hand, it's been almost two years now since the encounter, my marriage is better than ever, my stress is normal, and while I'm sure I'll always have some level of guilt - it's not enough anymore to really impact me day to day. So what's keeping the prostate in pain and inflamed despite my almost daily internal PT and relaxation? Plus when it all started out, the bad urethritis and extensive discharge still leads me to believe that there was some sort of infection...and could it still be in the prostate causing issues? And my prostate is definitely inflamed, there's no question about that. It's not like this is just a phantom pain and there's nothing physically wrong with me - the imaging shows a moderately inflamed prostate.

So I'm a little torn in how I feel. Either way I've committed to deal with it through stretching and relaxation and OTC supplements...definitely no more abxs. I still hope that time will be the ultimate cure.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:35 am

Thanks for comments guys....i have also always been very healthy, i work out very hard, sit more than i should for long hours. Diet is pretty good and never really drink alcohol. My dad said he had prostatitis is his early 50's as well. He is still on flomax 15 years later.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:26 pm

So, met with ilya....he would like to try phlagyl for a month to cover an-aerobic bacteria. Be says this will be last antibiotic tried. He says he is very confident that the mycoplasma would be eradicated with the azithro and moxi use. Also doesnt believe my issues were caused by mycoplasma as my symptoms dont align with it.
Says my symptoms align with candida or possibly an-aerobic bacteria more.
Wants me to wait a week with no drugs to recover before trying phlagyl.
Also that the yellowish in semen is from seminal vesical infection ...not prostate infection. Prostate was a bit congested but very little signs of inflammatoon in fluid when he looked at it today.
Going to wait a week and pray that phlagyl does trick.
If not he would like to retest for candida and if positive try a new anti fungal med.
If its neg for candida..who knows....

Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:37 pm

Did Ilya recommended you to take Candida Stop when you were in a candida diet?
I'm following a very strict candida diet right now and my candida stop is on it's way.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:23 pm

No he didnt...i was on flucanazole so maybe he didnt want to mix drugs?? He said if we try candida again he will try sporazole or something like that. Never heard of the drug before.

Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:19 pm

I tried spora. Didn't do anything for me.

Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:14 am

Today is one week into flagyl...no change. Would think there would be some improvement if there was going to be. Dont really want to bother with the remaining 2 weeks but next dr appnment not till then and i know you are suppose to finish the rx.
Dr said this is last antibiotic..the fewer options left is really starting to make me scared. How people live for years and years like this?!?! 5 months has been terrible and im thinking what if damage to urethra is permanent now.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:51 am

freakinfrustrated wrote:
Today is one week into flagyl...no change. Would think there would be some improvement if there was going to be. Dont really want to bother with the remaining 2 weeks but next dr appnment not till then and i know you are suppose to finish the rx.
Dr said this is last antibiotic..the fewer options left is really starting to make me scared. How people live for years and years like this?!?! 5 months has been terrible and im thinking what if damage to urethra is permanent now.

If you feel that you have exhausted your treatment with conventional medicine then it's about time to explore other treatments like Traditional Chinese Medicine, Homeopathy, Theta healing etc. After your next appointment with Ilya you may want to consider those treatment options that I mentioned. There's no point of continuing with conventional medicine if it's not working for you.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:33 pm

freakinfrustrated wrote:

This might not make you feel too much better, but almost two years of near continuous pain has sort of numbed me to it. It's there, but doesn't dominate my day to day thinking. Once you lose connection with what life was like before chronic pain you just sort of comes to accept it as part of your daily routine. That doesn't mean to just give up the fight but I can tell you that even if it doesn't go away there is hope to living with it if you train yourself to think constructively.

Very unlikely to damage your urethra permanently if you don't have a chronic urethral infection (if you did they probably could have detected it by now). I asked the same questions to all my uros and they calmed my fears. Also even nowadays if I'm having a day with minimal prostate pain then my urethra feels normal, so no permanent damage. Flare-ups always make the urethra feel irritated and inflamed though.

Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:44 pm

I have started to ignore the symtoms as much as possible and really lead a fairly normal life. Dont really think about it at work and back in the gym. Toilet breaks remind me as i have some dribbling and sex life affected.
I dont know how much i trust chinese medicine and am reluctant to try it. Have not seen any positive results with it on this site i dont think?

Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:59 am

So..just keepin this updated. Went to uro again today...3 weeks of flagyl has me feeling good but the urethritis persists. He checked and said prostate more congested than last month and when he pressed..more prostatic fluid
came out. He looked at it under microsope and said there was much more microphlages?? I think that was term. Meaning he suspected a large die off of bacteria as there was clumps and stuff in there. As the flagyl did this and not the other antibiotics..he suspected gardneralla as i tested neg for trich.
He said to finish last week of flagyl..then 2 weeks of nothing before we try and do a candida cleanse with spora.
The lump in right scotum is a granuloma at the site of the vasectomy where a blowout occurred. He said it may never go away but other than some slight discomfort isnt a big deal.
I guess quest for the golden pill that will solve this continues but really i have low hopes of finding it.
Just this damn urethritis and red penis head that bothers me. He said even after an infection was eradicated it would take a while for it to return to normal.
Just trying to enjoy life and not worry about it too much...

Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:36 pm

4 weeks of flagyl done....it seemed to minimize most of symptoms. I have been off it for 4 days and everything came back as bad as ever. Whole penis head is very red..meatus more swollen, testicle discomfort is coming back, very small amount of precum in morn.
Started candida diet today, start the candida drug in 2 weeks....i know i cant be on anti biotics forever but i miss them already.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:11 pm

The urethritis has been worse since i finished theflagyl...diet modification doesnt seem to have any affect for me. 2 weeks since antibiotics and i am suppose to start spora now. I have an appointment with new urologist tomorrow. He is suppose to be best in city and is covered by ohip.
Ilya has been very good at trying to help and has done pretty much everything so far so im not sure what new guy will say. But new guy is covered and ilya isnt so i may be switching...
Started reading this morning..studies on cure rates of mycoplasma after azithro and moxi....seems highly unlikely that it wouldnt be cured but i still feel its from mycoplasma.
The flagyl did help..but i was tested for trich and was neg...also 4 weeks of flagyl would be very effective against it.
Symptoms currently are very red urethra, dribbling, discoloured penis head, yellowish semen, weaker orgasm, testicle discomfort rarely.
Having to repeat the past 6 months of symptoms and drugs used to new dr tomorrow is going to be interesting. Might need to write them dowm so dont miss anything

Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:31 am

Saw a new urologist today, Dr Jarvi. He is the director of the urological centre at mt sinai and highly recommended. I told him everything I have been through the last 6 months and the drugs taken. He did a examination and said that the urethritis is classic prostatitis symptom. He said that all the antibiotics i have been on would have killed most of the bacteria and didnt seem that interetsed in the candida and said I did a month of fluca so that would have helped if it was from candida. He said it could be nerve related and that the cycle of inflammation needs to be broken. prescribed 3 weeks of valtrax as a anti inflamm. I asked about my wife being exposed to mycoplasma and here being treated with doxy which is not reliable. He agreed and gave RX for fosfomycin for the both of us. Just 1 days worth x3 doses. I looked on line and see that mycoplasma isnt even susceptible to fosfo and im kind of confused. Im sure he would know that fosfo isnt going to work for myco???
anyways, im suppose to do the 1 day of fosfo, wait a few days and if no improvement then try anti inflam for 2 weeks. have to go back and see him in june.
Im going to stay on candida diet for at least the week and re-asses.

Mon May 01, 2017 3:14 pm

freakinfrustrated wrote:
Saw a new urologist today, Dr Jarvi. He is the director of the urological centre at mt sinai and highly recommended. I told him everything I have been through the last 6 months and the drugs taken. He did a examination and said that the urethritis is classic prostatitis symptom. He said that all the antibiotics i have been on would have killed most of the bacteria and didnt seem that interetsed in the candida and said I did a month of fluca so that would have helped if it was from candida. He said it could be nerve related and that the cycle of inflammation needs to be broken. prescribed 3 weeks of valtrax as a anti inflamm. I asked about my wife being exposed to mycoplasma and here being treated with doxy which is not reliable. He agreed and gave RX for fosfomycin for the both of us. Just 1 days worth x3 doses. I looked on line and see that mycoplasma isnt even susceptible to fosfo and im kind of confused. Im sure he would know that fosfo isnt going to work for myco???
anyways, im suppose to do the 1 day of fosfo, wait a few days and if no improvement then try anti inflam for 2 weeks. have to go back and see him in june.
Im going to stay on candida diet for at least the week and re-asses.

Fosfo is known to get rid of both gram negative and gram positive pathogens particularly E. Coli and has a high success rate of treating both prostatitis and urethritis. Sounds like a shot gun method of treatment which majority of urologists do anyway but hopefully it will work for you.

Mon May 01, 2017 7:32 pm

I hope you are right Yak. Shoppers didn have it in stock so have to get i tomorrow. Will probably do it on wed. Will let you all know how it goes

Mon May 01, 2017 8:55 pm

Did the 1 day of fosfo 2 weeks ago....also on celebrex since then. Nno improvement. Head of penis looks red or purple and urethritis persists. Other than that, just dribbling a bit. Can go thru day without pain...but the discoloured penis really freaks me out.
Back to ilya next week, going to asl for retest of mycoplasma and candida to confirm they are gone.....other than that...im out of options really.

Sun May 14, 2017 10:39 pm

freakinfrustrated wrote:
Did the 1 day of fosfo 2 weeks ago....also on celebrex since then. Nno improvement. Head of penis looks red or purple and urethritis persists. Other than that, just dribbling a bit. Can go thru day without pain...but the discoloured penis really freaks me out.
Back to ilya next week, going to asl for retest of mycoplasma and candida to confirm they are gone.....other than that...im out of options really.

Sorry to hear that FF. You are always on my prayers. I am experimenting on a new potent supplement right now from Japan which claims to be effective against infection and inflammation particularly with prostatitis\urethritis based on several studies conducted in Japan. Hoping this will be effective for me so I can share this to the rest of the sufferers especially you.

Mon May 15, 2017 12:33 am

freakinfrustrated, after my ordeal I am beginning to believe that a lot (not all) of us can directly correlate our condition to sexual encounters.

My current problems I believe strongly are associated with my ex-fiancee' who I believe was sleeping around on me behind my back. I believe it with all my being.

The pelvic area I have learned is a very complex area involving nerves and organs that all seem to be interdependent on each other to be in a state of equilibrium. If one goes it all goes haywire.

I pray you get yourself back together and figure out what will give you that equilibrium again.

I understand all you are going through. I pray you do better.

Tue May 23, 2017 5:47 pm

Thank you for your comments. Ilia has sent me back for urine and semen dna test to see if mycoplasma and candida are gone. Also ordered urine and semen culture at lab and an ultrasound on prostate to see if calcification occuring.
He seemed very confident in the previous dna results and did not retest for any other bacteria that i have tested neg for..ie chlam, trich...
He did dre and said still infection present, he think mycoplasma is eradicated tho. DR Jarvi thinks its just lingering inflammation
They both work at same clinic but have very different views on prostatitis....
Going to have to choose who to go with...

Thu May 25, 2017 11:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next