Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 battling this stupid condition!! (new member) 

Post Re: battling this stupid condition!! (new member)
Moxifloxacin is supposed to be very effective against mycoplasma and ureaplasma which is why I originally took it. Turns out I didn't have either...But if I did then it certainly would have killed it. Success rate is very high.

Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:38 pm

Only once by dna lab so far. I want to go back post zithro for another test but olya says i have to wait 3 months?? Have read that myco isnt always eradicated by zitho so i want to confirm.
I did give another urine sample to g.p last week...3 weeks post zithro...still waiting on those results. G.P wasnt sure the lab could check for myco but sent it off and said he would let me know....still waiting.
Symptoms seem to be getting worse last week...similar to when i first had flare up...

Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:08 pm

There is also a specific labcorp test that checks semen for mycoplasma and ureaplasma. I'd think that would be the most sensitive test regarding prostatitis.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:50 pm

Thats what I would like to do...but ilya says wait 2 more months. If kts negative i will retest in 2 months..if its positive then lets get after it. He is too laid back..." i will see you in a month"...."wait 3 months to retest"...i want to cure this asap!!!

Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:34 pm

You may need to ask for a copy of the positive test results, then shop those results around to other doctors until you can get some abx.

Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:18 pm

My urethrtis has gotten worse in last week. No discharge really but sticky almost. Discomfort i testes comming back a bit.....
Spinnjng my wheels here. I dony think urethritis is caused by candida. Ilya says my urine culture pre anti biotics that was neg is not reliable and dna test post antk biotics is. My doctor seemed surprised when i told him that statement.
I did do mycoplasma urine culture with g.p last week...came back neg but even my g.p said test is highly inaccurate but thats all o.h.i.p allows them to use.
I have read that mycoplasma dna stays in urine for months post infection. If u test tl soon u can have a false positive.

Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:11 pm

You might want to think about trying to cover all your bases, hit the possible myco with something after you're done with the candida possibility. On the bright side, at least you won't have a candida problem, which some of us seem to be dealing with to some extent. You may want to take Florastor to at least put the beneficial yeasts back though. If you decide to try another antibiotic for myco, take some probiotics, kefir, or yogurt every day for a month or so afterwards.

Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:44 am

Thanks for tips. I have bee taking pro biotic since the beginning of anti biotics. I drimk kefir now as well and have no sugar. Seeing ilya next week and am going to ask for moxi as i really want to ensure m.g is gone.
I have a feeling he will want to try the candida route until my next dna lab test i apil.

Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:24 pm

Flucanzole isnt working. Urethritis persists andnlooks worse actually. Discomfort in testes is back....pressure in bladder as well. Im losing hope that I will ever be able to get rid of this. Urologists dont know what is causing it.....im sure ilya will want me to continue the candida approach for another month. I dont think its candida.....i think its bacterial......
Im going to cry myself to sleep now....night

Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:16 am

Hey freakin, call Ilya and try to get them to fill a prescription for pyridium. It's an analgesic for the bladder and urethra, it will kill the pain completely. He should be fine with prescribing that for you. If not, I believe most Walgreens and CVS pharmacies have some form of it over the counter.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:19 am

unfortunately pyridium isn't available in Canada so this isn't available to Ilia's patients unless they make the drive down to the States.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:28 am

Thanks for info WS....how have you been? Symptoms getting any better with time?
Seeing Ilia in 6 days...i can wait till then. My referal for a urologist at mt sinaii came in....may 1st. Dr Jarvi...anhbody ever heard or him? As he works with ilia at hospital, i womder if he will say to continue with him.....Jarvi would be covered by ohip.
Wonder if they will share view on what is causing this.

Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:33 pm

freakinfrustrated wrote:
Thanks for info WS....how have you been? Symptoms getting any better with time?
Seeing Ilia in 6 days...i can wait till then. My referal for a urologist at mt sinaii came in....may 1st. Dr Jarvi...anhbody ever heard or him? As he works with ilia at hospital, i womder if he will say to continue with him.....Jarvi would be covered by ohip.
Wonder if they will share view on what is causing this.

Good luck Freakin, mine won't be until Mar 2

Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:01 am

So, just back from prostate clinic. Ilia checked me out and said prostate is congested but when he took sample to check, said the fluid showed very low level infection. Seemed pretty upfront that he isnt sure whatnis causing prostate or urethra issues. Says mycoplasma could still be around or another untested bacteria.
He gave me moxiflox for 1 week, then 2nd week moxi along with another anti biotic together.....
Said no working out as moxi causes tendon issues....
Said he hasnt had much luck with fosfomyacin for urethral issues and thats a last resort for him.
Wants me back in 3 weeks to drain prostate again.
Maintain no sugar diet but can have bread and rice in moderation.
He has been pretty open about not being sure what the issue is as ita non specific. At least he is willing to try. If it was up to last urologist i wouldnt know i had mycoplasma. Im praying this works, but ilia didnt seem too optimistic. Pray for me guys.....

Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:48 pm

freakinfrustrated wrote:
So, just back from prostate clinic. Ilia checked me out and said prostate is congested but when he took sample to check, said the fluid showed very low level infection. Seemed pretty upfront that he isnt sure whatnis causing prostate or urethra issues. Says mycoplasma could still be around or another untested bacteria.
He gave me moxiflox for 1 week, then 2nd week moxi along with another anti biotic together.....
Said no working out as moxi causes tendon issues....
Said he hasnt had much luck with fosfomyacin for urethral issues and thats a last resort for him.
Wants me back in 3 weeks to drain prostate again.
Maintain no sugar diet but can have bread and rice in moderation.
He has been pretty open about not being sure what the issue is as ita non specific. At least he is willing to try. If it was up to last urologist i wouldnt know i had mycoplasma. Im praying this works, but ilia didnt seem too optimistic. Pray for me guys.....

Are you still having some major symptoms buddy? I will pray for you and the rest of the sufferers. Continue to be optimistic and keep on praying. God will heal us.

Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:22 am

Symptoms are red and sometimes swollen meatus, dribbling urination, occassional burninh/discomfort at tip, redness of penis head. Ilia says the symptoms i notice are from urethra but are caused by prostate issue.
Back in 3 weeks for another prostate massage, he said alot of fluid came out. Not sure how much should or shouldnt be coming out when he does it.
Start the new antibiotics tomorrow...will keep you updated.

Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:15 am

Well 6 days into avelox/moxi.....no change, have 3 more weeks of it but if i have not sèen any improvement in first 6 days, i highly doubt that it will work. I start stacking cephalexin on top of moxi starting tomorrow. Its suppose go be a more general anti biotic to catch whatever the doxy, azithro, sulpha and moxi miss.
Really dont have much hope for it.....but what else is there accept just living with it.
ilya says none of his prior patients had urethral issues from mycoplasma...but i have read its common......if the mycoplasma is irradicated, what is causing this?
Hope is runming on fumes....

Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:50 pm

Please be extra careful while you are stacking abxs. When you start killing off everything good at one time you really need to hope you don't get a C-diff infection in the intestines. I don't like the idea of running multiple abxs at a time and feel it's a bit reckless on the part of your doc, but obviously he's the one with the MD and not me...

It's been almost 7 months and I still haven't recovered 100% from my C-diff infection, and it was relatively mild all things considered (still ended up in ER but at least I didn't lose part of my colon). My immune system still hasn't recovered fully and I'm still battling oral thrush that came about not long after. Keep an extra eye out for any abx associated diarrhea, not that you'd really be able to miss a C-diff colonization though.

As for why it isn't helping...yeah it sucks, we know the feeling. This is such a frustrating condition.

Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:27 pm

Thanks prostate454....i have been on probiotics for last few months...using bio k at the moment...thinking of doubling probiotic while i stack the antibiotics....maybe 1 in morn and one at night.
No diarrhea but will keep an eye out for it....
Im starting to think this isnt curable....maybe the damage is done and wont go away.
How long do you go until you accept it and not bother with antibiotics.
These urologists really have no clue most of the time.

Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:58 pm

I read about a guy who was given a 6 week course of moxi and started to show improvement after 2 weeks. Keep the faith and keep us updated mate

Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:43 am

freakinfrustrated wrote:
Thanks prostate454....i have been on probiotics for last few months...using bio k at the moment...thinking of doubling probiotic while i stack the antibiotics....maybe 1 in morn and one at night.
No diarrhea but will keep an eye out for it....
Im starting to think this isnt curable....maybe the damage is done and wont go away.
How long do you go until you accept it and not bother with antibiotics.
These urologists really have no clue most of the time.

I used florastor and VSL3 which are supposed to be two of the better options but apparently they were not enough to prevent it. Perhaps they did keep it from being worse than it might have been otherwise though.

For me I finally accepted that antibiotics weren't the answer after the C-diff. Kind of forced my hand, if the amount of abxs I was on didn't cure it over that 12mo period then doing more wasn't going to help, and having already had C-diff once sort of ruled out use of antibiotics in the future. So I had to accept that my cure was either going to come from PT, time, or it was just something I was going to have to come to terms with and find strategies for coping. I still hope that over time it will gradually reduce on its own, it's certainly not as bad as it was a year ago. But then again I've changed my lifestyle too - I don't ejaculate more than once or twice a week now, I'm guessing if I went back to every other day then things would regress and get a lot worse. Combined with internal PT I generally feel as good as I ever did on any drugs so I consider that a victory. Now I'm trying a month of Prosta-Q to see if that helps...it's something new to test out for me and even if it only makes a 10% difference then that'll be a victory in my mind. One step at a time...

Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:48 am

Still taking the 2 antibiotics...and probiotic....no changes. Maybe less urgency to urinate but penis doesnt look any better.
If drugs were not penetrating prostate, would the urethritis go away at least while taking them.?

Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:03 pm

I had the same logic as you with the urethritis symptoms...Thinking they should clear up as though they were a separate condition from the prostatitis. They're not. An inflamed prostate and tight pelvic muscles are likely the cause of your urethritis-like symptoms. After a year or so I accepted that, actually it was last summer when I started going to PT. The urethritis-like symptoms would disappear the next day after therapy. To this day it's the same deal. When my prostate flares up or my pelvic muscles are really right my urethra gets the irritated red and flared open look at the tip. I have the itchiness and irritation at the tip as well. But if I do some internal stretching and as my flare-up dies down all the urethritis-like symptoms go away altogether. No redness or inflammation or irritation.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:29 am

Very interesting....so how do you internal stretch??? If you do so daily no urethritis???

Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:41 am

I originally learned what they did by going to internal PT for several months last summer and it made a huge difference. Then I was diagnosed with enterococcus and got c-diff so I stopped going as I had other things to worry about. Things got much worse again, so this December I started just doing it myself since it's pretty easy and lots cheaper. Again things improved drastically. I have no urethritis symptoms when massaging every couple days other than the day after ejaculation occasionally as things get slightly flared but recover pretty by the following day. The past two days have basically been pain free for me as the last time I ejaculated was Wednesday.

I'd recommend having a PT do it first so you get the idea of what it feels like, but once you get the hang of it all it involves is a glove, some lube and 5mins in the shower every couple nights. A Headache In The Pelvis provides some good details. It might seem awkward at first but honestly it's surprisingly clean and easy once you get good at it. Results are almost immediate most of the time as well, though it takes a little fine-tuning to figure out which areas work best and exactly how firm you need to be - it's easy to forget that they're pelvic floor muscles and not calve muscles and then go a little overboard with the stretching.

Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next