Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 battling this stupid condition!! (new member) 

Post Re: battling this stupid condition!! (new member)
Update...went to another urolgist that i set up 5 weeks ago. He checked prostate ..all good.
Checked urethra and said it looked fine to him..it is looking better but it flares up after ejaculation he dowmplayed most of my concerns. Said i have been tested for std's and they were neg. If it was mycoplasma the doxy would have killed it. If it was deep in prostate the sulpha would have got it.
He didnt want to interfere with what dr llama may do so he said wait to see him in 2 weeks and see what he says as he is best in toronto for this. He said he has had patients who have resonded well to prostate massage but most urologjsts dknt know how to do it.
He did give me rx for flomax. Said sometimes an internal muscle is tense and causes these issues. Said to finish sulpha and wait few days before trying th flomax.
Also alot of my testicle discomfort ir from varococele in left nut. Not much to help that...take advil basically.

Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:50 pm

Great news FF. Probably a good idea to finish the sulfa before starting the flowmax. I hate to be on more than one med at once.

Next Stop Limbo (where I am now), off the anti-B's, wondering and waiting to see if a relapse occurs. I would typically go 3-4 weeks off the doxy before my epididymitis would flare again. I'm hoping a month on the fosfomycin has killed the beast.

Fingers Crossed for you!

Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:35 am

Thanks Meta...but i dont feel like i have been cured. Still dribbling post pee and just had sex and urethra looks swollen and fire red. Doesnt hurt but looks bad....still concerned about passing something on even after my g.p and 2 urologist said i was ok.
If the urethra was fine i would think i was over the worst of it...
Will keep posting with any change post antibiotics and once on flomax. Not thinkibg i will help but no other choice.
Nobody has been able to give reason why meatus is swollen...scares me nobody knows.

Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:27 am

Hey at least you don't have any pain! That's a start! Naturally I have the same urethra inflammation and redness after ejaculation, though it's accompanied by pain the next day. I do wonder if it might be normal to have some redness or slight inflammation down there following ejaculation. Frankly I never paid any attention to that area following sex prior to my prostatitis, so I really have no idea what might be normal. As long as there was no pain I would be ecstatic!

But the dribbling....ah the dribbling. You must still have a little inflammation left down there. But if the pain is gone then that's a good sign that things are moving in the right direction. So jealous.

I've been on and off Flomax quite a bit over he past year, trying to identify any sort of pattern. I'm currently on it again but can't really tell if it makes a difference. It can't hurt to try and the side effects are pretty minimal and it's cheap so what the heck. There are some papers indicating it is beneficial for chronic prostatitis and not just BPH.

Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:12 pm

I know that i never swelled up after sex before...its very red and swollen at tip after sex. Penis head still a red colour that is not normal either.
Looks worse then it feelx really. After sex slight discomfort as i feel its swollen and tender.
Just dribbling and penis head problems left...2 days of sulfa left and the 6 week course is done.
I would say the emotional part of not knowing what is wrong and when it will improve is worse than actual symptoms.
I rate discomfort at 2/10 daily and after sex 4/10 for a day until swelling subsides.
Seeing Dr llama in 10 days. Hope he has more info than last 2 urologists.
Also noticing pre cum discharge alot more now. Wonder if thats due to drastically reduced sex life?
Will update with results of flomax once i start.

Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:39 am

So here is my update. I still have swollen meatus and some mild dribbling...post ejaculation or erections give me alot more precum discharge them normal. Testicle pain from time to time but probably frkm the verococele in scrotum.
Have been off antibiotics for 10 days...no improvement but no regression eithef which i suppose is good.
I went downtown to mens health clinoc and saw dr. Llama who is head of urology at mt sinaii as well. Told him story and he was very confident this is not related to an sti. Said oral is usually very safe and that most sti would not cause prostate issues i had and ones that would I was tested for.
Said i can have sex with wife and some people develop urethritis from prostatitis. Some take a course of drugs and are cured..some are not so lucky. He referred me to dr ilia kaploum who is a nurse in canada but will be overseen by him. Meet with Ilia next saturday for 1.5 hour initial check up.
Really not in much discomfort.....more mental knowing meatus is swollen and avoiding sex because of it....
Will update after i meet ilia. Guessing from what I have heard he will look at prostate fluid and tell me there is infectiom and give me more drugs. I want to know what pathogen is before taking anything else.
As meatus tends to flare up and go down thoughout day i took some pics post ejaculation to show how swollen it gets. Sounds wierd but only way to show it really.

Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:10 pm

I should note that whole head of penis is usually redish and sometime turns purple as if its bruised but it doesnt hurt at all... very weird.
Dr also said that this could be stemming from a very complicated vasectomy last september in which i developed epididymitis after surgery and had a large mass of swelling in my left testicle that tooks months to go away. Never will know for sure but a possibility he said.

Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:41 pm

Well...a month later and still no better. I have started to see ilya kaploun at prostate clinic. First appointment last week, he checked me, said that it could be caused by infections post vasectomy last year or from my oral sex encounter 4 months ago.
He said no unprotected sex with wife, ejaculate 1 time a week, oregano pills, prostaphil ( which i cant find yet) and started 2 weeks of azithro.
Sent me for urine and semen test at private lab. Says normal testing one week after course of antibiotics is useless and my prevoous negative tests are useless. Private lab does different tests.
625 bucks for testing, waiting for results. They test for chlam, trich, endo, myco, candida and one other thing.
1 coffee a day, no spicy food, hydrate....
Went for ultrasound last week for granulomas and dicomfor in testes which he says is unrelated to prostatitis and is from vasectomy.
Regret that vasectomy so much! Regret that oral sex sooo much more.
Will keep you updated.
Sex with or without condom causes the urethritis to flare up....

Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:24 pm

Ok...test results in and came back with candida in semen and urine. On anti fungals for 30 days and strict low sugar diet. No milk, pasta, bread, potatoes or sugar. Not even fruit.
Could this all be from candida? Didnt have any penis issues until i took doxy for issues wkth testicles aftet vasectomy. Maybe candida growth during antibootics?? Explains why sulfa and azithro did nothong??
Will try the diet which is hard ...and the anti fungal meds. Will keep you posted.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:05 pm

I tested positive for candida overgrowth in a stool test. Keep updating.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:25 pm

Will do, flucanzole for 30 days to start......he said 30 days may nlt be enough as candida is hard to kick.
As its in my semen im hoping this is issue.

Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:02 pm

I've read about people taking shorter courses of fluconazol with no effect. I think both inflamed and chavalote on this board have tried it.

I'm eating a diet of lentils, potatoes, buckwheat, quinoa, some veggies, some wild fish, some meat, goat iogurt, extra virgin coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil. Everything organic.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:55 am

Sounds like a god diet except the potatoes. If you think its candida ....potato is fuel for candida. If you want to kill it off, you have to starve it.....

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:45 am

I've been reading and trying to make sense of all this "candida" stuff for years. Unfortunately there is no real science. No reliable experiments.

I avoided potatoes for 6 1/2 years. I was on a very low carb diet and didn't seem to work.

That's why I am so interested in the experiences of the participants of this forum. You are reliable testimonies.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:10 pm

I was on a the anti-candida diet for a month, I was super strict about it. No fruit, no sugars, no potatoes or carbs of any kind, no eggs, no dairy, no wheat, no soy. I also avoided FODMAPS. The diet worked wonders for my SIBO, and food allergies. Felt like I was completely cured. I also took zinc supplements through out the duration and my prostate symptoms were slowly getting better. But, then the holidays hit and I fell off the diet wagon and relapsed.

So, I am pretty sure the diet really does alter the flora, and it worked for the gastro issues I was dealing with. It makes me think that too much flora dis-balance causes a malabsorption of zinc, we know that malabsorption of fructose is a common thing, hence the FODMAP diets helping some people who have IBS, etc.

Zinc is also required to heal the gut, so...therein lies the caveat. All the sugar people eat also fuels infection, and other nasty things that happen in the body, so it's probably best to nearly completely avoid / eliminate it.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:49 pm

Im a bit sceptical that this will work but im going to try it for 30 days and treat it as a cleanse. fingers crossed!! Its the only thing that came back positive in semen but the way things have gone I dont want to hope and be let down. day 3...no change.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:14 pm

You can eat blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and oatbran...which you can make all kinds of things from. My girl is making me oatbran blueberry muffins with Stevia. They're really good, and they'll also clean you out. Good for if you get cravings for sweets while on the diet. Make sure you take some zinc supplements while you do it. Probably 50mg - 150mg per day if you can stand it. I was also juicing green cabbage and drinking that as well. It sounds nasty, but it's actually incredibly sweet and is high in natural glutamine...which seals the gut. Also take some high count probiotics while you do the diet, those will also help seal your gut so zinc is properly absorbed.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:25 pm

I didn't notice any prostate changes until about the two week mark, so hang in there, keep up the fight.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:27 pm

Ah, forgot to mention, avoid carrots, beets, and artificial sugars while on the diet. Stevia is fine though. You should also use coconut milk instead of cows milk as ingredients in whatever you decide to make. Coconut kills candida.

Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:24 am

Thanks for the tips.....much appreciated! I have been checking alot of the foods and man its tough to cook without so many ingredients.
Some sites conflict with others i find.
Apple cider vinegar ok?
Quinoa, chicken, fish and lots of veg it seems. Some sites say plain balkan yogurt is ok, its a probiotic and can help. Others say no yogurt. My Dr said usea touch of heavy cream in my 1 coffee a day. Thats my only cheat i think.
Was debating starting a thread on candida diet as it is pretty involved and others have great tips.

Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:29 pm

As I had said, there is no hard science when it comes to "candida". Many websites with conflicting diets and protocols but no one bothered to actually test what works and what doesn't. I use homemade goat yogurt, but some patients tolerate no dairy at all.

Generally speaking, coffee can be a trigger. If cream contains lactose, then it is also a potential problem.

Apple cider vinegar is one of those things that I would like to know if it's ok or not.

Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:28 am

Yea, I know the cream is a no no but its a few ml of cream and cant drink coffee without it.
I dont really have any prostate problems that I can perceive. Just the dribblingm and penis head being red and urethritis.
I did dl 6 weeks of sulpha so om not surprisedmi have candida....was it what caused problem or a result of weeks of anti x???
I have added a candida diet thread for food discussions.

Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:13 am

so, I have an appointment with dr Jarvi at Mt sanai. Took this long to get referral from original urologist. If i Had not got to Ilya I would have been waiting all this time...brutal.
Anybody have any experience with Dr Jarvi at M.S.H?

Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:13 pm

So my results came back with a mycoplasma in urine. It didnt specify which one but dr thinks m.g....he said the 2 weeks azithro i did would have cleared it and now just concentrating on the candida in sperm and urine.
I dont think mycoplasma is eradicated and urethritis perisists. I want to do another test tl confirm but he said i have to wait 3 month??
I didnt wait three months after doxy and sulfa to give first sample....i dknt care if its neg...im looking for a positive because i think its still there.
Have read alot lf studies with azithro not affective against myco.
Seems moxi is better......
Seems to just drag on with no end in site.

Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:46 pm

Who tested you the 2nd time around - DNA genetics again?

Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next