Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 infectious disease dr's 

Post infectious disease dr's
How many of you have seen one ? is this the way to go?

Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:23 pm

Post Re: infectious disease dr's
I have. He's been better than any of my uros because he's very good with abxs, bacteria, and testing protocol. All my uros seem more or less clueless about those subjects.

Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:19 pm

did the infectious disease doc test semen? eps?

Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:51 pm

No, I didn't ask him to. I didn't need to as I told my uro what to do. But my ID doc knows most about the actual tests and abxs and bacteria. With uros it's just a crapshoot. If I decide to get a anaerobic culture and fungal test then I'll have my ID do it because I don't trust the uro people to get the test specimens prepped appropriately. My last aerobic culture with LabCorp my uro specified the anaerobic test by accident but prepped it as aerobic. So LabCorp threw up on it and we had to sort it out with the specimen waiting at the lab...supposedly the culture came back negative but I'm not sure I trust it since we had to mess around with the test type after they already had the specimen, wasting valuable time.

The uros just don't seem to know how to specify or prep the tests, or even what tests to order for that matter. That's why you gotta go in knowing exactly what tests you need and see what they put on the actual order.

Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:17 pm

pleasenomore wrote:
How many of you have seen one ? is this the way to go?

Saw one and having follow up today. Mixed bag. They did give me the ceftazidime to fix an ecoli inmy semen and this seems to have worked.. However once the pains carried on, they no longer seemed to help and just just your uro thinks is cpps so it must be that.. an ID and Uro combined would be a wonderful combination :)

Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:33 pm

I FINALLY got my Uro to do a semen test but only because I had all the codes and names of the tests, thanks to this board. He then agreed that he didnt know much about microbiology and that an ID would be a good idea.

He still thinks my tests will come back negative, I should know by thursday. I hope they show something as it will give me more credibility when I discuss my condition with him and ask for specific testing.

Have you had your semen testing again? It could be resistant and may take a longer course of meds, or IV for antibiotics instead or oral.

Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]