Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Supplements?. 

Post Supplements?.
Anybody have experience with any of the prostatitis supplements? And did they help at all ? Which ones?

Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:56 pm

Post Re: Supplements?.
Hello,
My suggestion/advise is that no prostate supplement is a magic bullet.I have had prostatitis for over 4 years now and when i first got it i had bought a few different products that i thought would help greatly.
In order to help with your symptoms as there is no cure you first need to eat healthy and have a healthy lifestyle as then supplements can sought of help keep your body in balance.
There is no supplements out there that is going to take away your symptoms over night no matter what company or athethe claims it will as all that is nothing more then companies making money as companies are a BUSINESS,so guys if you keep that in mind first you will save yourself from spending lots of money and being dissapointed.

Hope this helps and remember doctors are pill pushers and health stores are supplemnets pushers,the bottom line is everyone has something to sell.

Good luck.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:57 pm

I take malegard. It is suppose to help out with prostate problems. Read about it online.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:11 am

Actually,
Jason, despite by the bays negativity response on every topic, i have had tremendous results with q urol which is a deritivie of prosta q. Only muich more potent because it includes bee pollen. Helps alot with inflammation. Good Luck!

Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:08 pm

Sorry you feel every response is negative,EVERY RESPONSE IS NEGATIVE?,YOUR NOT LOOKING CAFREFULLY.Just because i do not agree with 100% of what someone says like you sometimes someone being honest with their own thoughts and own experiences seems to irritae a person.Sorry that i am not a big believer in all the supplements and things you believe in but maybe when it is proven and i mean not by a hand full of people but by the general public that all that you belive in works well then i am all for it untill then belive in your remedies and i will do like wise.Good health to you.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:07 pm

i have tried prosta q and abot 30 others! none of them worked for me.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:49 am

Some years ago I came across an old paperback by Leon Chaitow where he advocates (among other things) the use of Zinc & Vitamin C in large doses.

This is the one ...

http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... tate&ajr=0

I followed much of his advice and reaped the rewards with a definite improvement in my condition. I have to say that it was not just the Zinc/Vit. C supplementation alone that was beneficial but all of the dietary changes I implemented alongside this, such as virtually eliminating sugar. However, I do feel that Zinc in particular plays a positive role and I think this is recognised by most health experts within both the 'mainstream' and 'alternative' fields.

Zinc on its own probably won't resolve all of the issues but it's a good place to start and Chaitow (above) claims that vitamin C is far more potent as an anti-infection agent in the presence of Zinc - I wouldn't disagree! I've also been on Saw Palmetto for the past 10 years and can recommend this too, not so much as a quick fix but as more of a long-term supplement to improve such things as urine flow if this is one of your symptoms.

Thu May 17, 2012 9:08 pm

Sorry for hijacking your thread.

I have a same question. My father has Prostatitis and his friend recommended him beta prostate. I read about it online and saw that its got a lot of hype but the reviews are not very positive. I am wondering if anyone have tried it here ??

Thanks,
Ren.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:15 pm

oh yes tried that as well waste of money. chinese herbs and acupuncture dont work either!
just trying to help you not waste time or money. in my opinion the only thing i know that works is either dr. polacheck . dr. bahn or dr. toth . those are the only 3 doctors i know of anyone getting relief .

Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:55 pm

Hi,yes i have tried that at one point and did nothing.If you look at most if not all of the products/supplements if you read the back and the ingredients you will see that they are all the same.The only thing that's different are the names.None of these produts have ever been found by scientific research to really do anything or at the very best made maybe a slight improvement with someone/somebody.I was one that has taken Saw Palmeto for like 15 years and when i had my bouts with Prostatitis and then became Chronic i found out that it does very little in general let alone someone suffering from the condition.

Good luck.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:00 pm

You could well be right here, bythebay. I don't know because I've tried so many things and some of them have overlapped so it can often be difficult to say exactly which one produced the required effect.

All I know is that whilst I've been taking Saw Palmetto my symptoms have eased. However, I have implemented a lot of dietary changes during this same period so it could equally be these that are responsible for the improvements. My dilemma is therefore; should I discontinue the SP or keep going? As the stuff I buy is not particularly expensive and doesn't appear to be harmful in any way, I've decide to stick with it long-term.

Another thing I've tried (not technically a 'supplement' but I'll toss it in there anyway) are Kegel exercises. I believe these to have been very beneficial for my urine flow and a few other things too. As I'm doing them, I try to imagine I'm squeezing out all of the 'nastiness' from my prostate and, when you think about it, I suppose you are doing something along those lines! It may not be as good as an actual massage (which I've never tried) but you can do them any time, any place and with no inconvenience whatsoever.

Over the years, I've actually come to the conclusion that psychology plays a role too and if you believe that something will work it has a greater chance of doing so. This is not to say 'it's all in the mind' but if it just makes a 15-20% difference it's something to consider. I do know from my own experiences that stress can be an aggravating factor, so this would also indicate that there's a mental component involved.

However, in the final analysis, prostatitis is one of those conditions which presents itself in so many forms to different people. Just by reading this forum you can see that no two individuals have identical symptoms and I believe that, by the same token, no remedy will produce exactly the same results for everyone. I'm afraid there's a lot of 'trial and error' involved in all of this and I'm sure that most doctors would agree. The only difference is that their trials are with such things as antibiotics that can really mess up your system, whereas there's relatively little risk involved with supplements and more natural approaches in general.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:14 am

Hi,how are you? Thanks for your response.I think i am right about the supplements as i see in America when we don't feel good and or don't feel as good as we did 5,10,20 years ago as we can't be 25 forever,ahhhhh wouldn't that be nice though lol. We either think that by taking something or when we get a condition everyone runs to a health food store and wants to buy up every product in the hope we will get healthy and be able to run,hop and jump like we used to.I speak of me and my own experience as i can't and won't speak for someone else.I used to take many supplements with hey if i take this that and the other i am going to feel and look like Hulk Hogan,Not! Most of all we want to believe that we can simply pop something and all our pain and or symptoms are going to go away completly.Like i said with the Saw Palmeto if it did what i was told and lead to belive years ago it was to do i guess i would not have the problems i face today but that is far from what is actually going on with me.
I say beacuse we all want to have and live with hope that if we take something and our pain and or symptoms go away to some degree or maybe to a larger degree we all want to stand up and cheer.I say for me if i don't have a say a half way decent to better day it's not because of anything other then my symptoms have lessened up and that is all.Yes sometimes what we eat to upset things and bring on severe attacks as everyone bodies are different and no two are the same.I can't tell you about to take or not to take SP,I know for me it did nothing and don't believe in throwing my money away unless there is absoulte proof it does any good for the prostate and prostatitis like any other thing out there this is good for the prostate,sorry i just don't buy into any of it anymore.
Kegel is good as i have heard some people find some relief and going the natural way is always better.
As far as Psychology i can share this story,make a long story short,had a friend who just to job to relieve stress.Was up his house after as he popped like 7,8 supplements i said hey Ted does that do anything for you and do they really work.He said and i quote Gary i have no idea but in head i feel better so who knows as i have no clue.Yes i guess if we tell ourslevs we feel good or better and we want to believe that well there you go.
Good luck and hope you feel better.
Gary

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:42 pm

What's worked for me: Zinc 30 mg a day, Selenium 100 mg a day, and Flower Pollen 275 mg four times a day. Start off with a higher dose of Flower Pollen - take 275 mg six times a day for the first three days and then drop down to four times a day after. After many years of symptoms I got relief with this combination after the first few days and have maintained this dosage for a couple years now. Hope this works for you too.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]