Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 MRI results 

Post MRI results
Just got my results from my MRI, it showed a very small "suspect" area, not defined enough for a conclusive diagnosis. Could be prostatitis, scaring from an infection or cancer So now we watch and wait to see if PSA goes up....I think I have have a targeted Biopsy somewhere in my future. At least whatever it is its small and we found it early. Sorry I don't have my lab report with me, I may post exact verbiage later.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:42 am

Post Re: MRI results
Thanks for the updates.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:24 pm

What's your last psa level at? May want to think about probiotics and antioxidants.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:34 pm

uncleg wrote:
Just got my results from my MRI, it showed a very small "suspect" area, not defined enough for a conclusive diagnosis. Could be prostatitis, scaring from an infection or cancer So now we watch and wait to see if PSA goes up....I think I have have a targeted Biopsy somewhere in my future. At least whatever it is its small and we found it early. Sorry I don't have my lab report with me, I may post exact verbiage later.

It's probably scarring from past infection.

I have had biopsies but no prostatitis found or no cancer found either but
Am always in pain.

My uro was going to do an mri if my psa didn't go down.

My last psa on August 12 , was at 2.3. That is down from an all time high
In the mid 7's and 5.9 when I had my biopsy 4 years ago. And down from 5.3
When I had the psa measured in March of 2016.

The urologist decided I didn't need to have an mri with the psa at 2.3
I still have prostate pain. The uro told me to come back in 6 to 8 months
For another psa check.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:55 pm

uncleg wrote:

Uncleg, are you or have you ever been a cigarette smoker ?

Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:25 pm

bill_johnstl wrote:
uncleg wrote:

Am always in pain.

For another psa check.

bill what pains are you currently left with, and are your uro's saying? do you have any infection or what do you believe is the cause of the problems?

Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:05 pm

bill_johnstl wrote:
uncleg wrote:

Am always in pain.

For another psa check.

I agree, I think it is scarring also. We have no history of cancer of any sort in my family. I have another PSA scheduled for October to see if it goes down up or stays the same. The Uro hinted at a targeted Biopsy if it goes up.

I am fortunate I have no pain, I did a a slow urine flow, when I first went to Uro, but that is gone now, but I have now developed a little leakage, just a drop or two on occasion.

** and surprise surprise, my mother finally let it be known that my father has had the same problems, high PSA and biopsies. LOL know idea why it took over a year to let me know.

Also I have never smoked.

* sorry for delay in reply, but I thought I had already, I must have forgotten to hit submit.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:56 am

uncleg wrote:
bill_johnstl wrote:
uncleg wrote:

Am always in pain.

For another psa check.

I agree, I think it is scarring also. We have no history of cancer of any sort in my family. I have another PSA scheduled for October to see if it goes down up or stays the same. The Uro hinted at a targeted Biopsy if it goes up.

I am fortunate I have no pain, I did a a slow urine flow, when I first went to Uro, but that is gone now, but I have now developed a little leakage, just a drop or two on occasion.

** and surprise surprise, my mother finally let it be known that my father has had the same problems, high PSA and biopsies. LOL know idea why it took over a year to let me know.

Also I have never smoked.

* sorry for delay in reply, but I thought I had already, I must have forgotten to hit submit.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. Of all the 5 urologists I have been to, the first question they ask is have you ever smoked. when I say, no - there response is smoking or family history of prostate cancer are the 2 main causes. -- especially smoking for prostate and bladder cancer.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:57 pm

Logcrusader wrote:
bill_johnstl wrote:
uncleg wrote:

Am always in pain.

For another psa check.

bill what pains are you currently left with, and are your uro's saying? do you have any infection or what do you believe is the cause of the problems?

Logcrusader,
The pain I have is in my testicles, lower abdomen / pubic bone area and sometimes perianal pain. For the moment its better. I really think it is a low level prostate infection caused from gut bacteria transferring into the prostate through the intestinal wall. My mom's father always had prostate pain, and she has an 80 year old cousin that has acute prostatitis attacks where his urine tests positive for bacteria. My mom's cousin(who happens to be a doctor) and his uro think it is bacteria that passes through the intestine to the prostate

Mine is a lower level infection that is undetectable in the urine and in expressed prostate secretions.

The other theory, from a couple of uro's is as you age the prostate enlarges and squeezes on the urethra, and urine back flows in to the prostatic ducts, causing a low level undetectable infection and prostatitis.

The reason I think mine is gut bacteria is because when my prostatitis flares, I have stomach/ibs symptoms just before the prostatitis flare.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:14 pm

I am struggling with a condition called gastritis, when it flares, abother condition called interstitial nephritis (kidney pain, with decreased gfr) flares as well. It is definitely related, but no doctor I have seen is able to figure out why. I do believe there is a strong gut connection to prostatitis as well.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:34 pm

bill_johnstl wrote:
The reason I think mine is gut bacteria is because when my prostatitis flares, I have stomach/ibs symptoms just before the prostatitis flare.

Have you ever considered it the other way around? I've had IBS my whole life so I know my diarrhea, lol! I notice when I have a particularly bad bout of it that my prostatitis starts acting up shortly thereafter. As soon as the IBS clears up then the prostate pain reduces. It seems obvious to me that the pain increases because when you have diarrhea you are usually clenched up down there (trying not to crap your pants!). If it's really bad then you even have rectal/PC spasms and they really cause things to get irritated. Your case could def be different, but it seems to me that if it were truly bacteria from the gut then it wouldn't be something that just pops up and goes away centered around IBS episodes.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]