Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 Fatigue and Prostatitis 

Post Fatigue and Prostatitis
After having recently been on Cipro for ten days, I feel like I've relapsed with a lot of the symptoms. My question is this; Have you guys experienced fatigue and lethargy through this condition? The last couple of days have been awful.

Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:01 pm

Post Re: Fatigue and Prostatitis
soreonLongIsland wrote:
After having recently been on Cipro for ten days, I feel like I've relapsed with a lot of the symptoms. My question is this; Have you guys experienced fatigue and lethargy through this condition? The last couple of days have been awful.

Once several years ago when I was on Cipro I felt so bad I didn't want to leave the house. The feeling persisted for a week to 10 days after I stopped it.

Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:17 pm

Madcap, I don't think the Cipro caused the fatigue. There was a short period where I was feeling a little better. Then this week, the sore anal area, and frequent urination (at times) returned. The last couple of days, I really felt horribly tired, especially by the afternoon.

Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:06 pm

Some folks have mentioned exhaustion, but that can be a result of so many things. If you are in pain you are going to be stressed which is going to wear on your body's energy levels. On the other hand it could be suggestive of the reason for your ailment such as in the case of lyme disease being confused as Fibromylagia.

Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:42 pm

Fatigue and stress often are one and the same. Maybe you are mentally and physically worn down from a combination of the symptoms as well as the worry of what's causing them.

Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:36 pm

I have experienced fatigue with my symptoms of prostatitis / CPPS. I think it's a combination of factors. Disturbance of sleep, body fighting the illness (even inflammation that's non-bacterial is fought by white blood cells and immune system from what I have learned), brain's reaction to pain is sometimes to slow down different mechanisms/functions in the body (which when combined or even one could result in tiredness easily), and since you're probably not as active while having symptoms, a sedentary life makes a person much more prone to fatigue.

Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:36 pm

If you are feeling fatigue, brain fog, chronic muscle and or bone, nerve pain seriously get your b12, vitamin d and magnesium levels checked.

Especially if you don't get much sun or wear sunscreen all the time, there simple tests and can rule out simple problems that can potentially take years to otherwise stumble upon.

Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:03 pm

I too have experienced a lot of fatigue, I did have low vitamin D like you mentioned at one point, took it for awhile and it seemed to help fix it.

Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:02 pm

It's natural after year's of prostatitis it beats you down. Past year has been pretty bad for me just not in the mood anymore,just tired all the time can't focus and angry. Family and old friends tell me I have changed. A mild antidepressant I been taking helps me some.

Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:55 pm

I took Cipro for 4-5 days recently, and after day 1 or 2 I was extremely fatigued and felt like crap. It felt like I was getting sick with some kind of virus or bacteria that was prepping me to be horribly sick. I stopped it, and after around a day, those symptoms were gone. Then I actually got sick for almost a week with cold/flu symptoms, primarily harsh coughing, sinus and nasal congestion, increased weakness and fatigue, feverish, and sore throat. I'm not going to expose myself to that kind of thing again unless it's confirmed that my prostatitis symptoms are caused by bacteria. Now I'm starting into a daily consumption of green tea with turmeric and cinnamon (Ceylon) mixed in, and trying to eat foods that contain quercetin. The tea with turmeric and cinnamon has worked well for reducing night-time pain/spasms/urinary frequency.

Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:37 pm

Cipro is poison, I've taken 2 cycle's of one month each in the past, I wasn't feeling well at all, but it is the best antibiotic to clear up infection. I'm trying some supplements right now,I kind of feel a tiny difference but no real results. Tamsulijn helps the pain sometimes.

Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:02 pm

Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:03 pm

I must be a strange case but I'm now taking Ciprofloxacin and I don't feel any noticeable side-effect. I was scared when I took Levofloxacin the first time but it was also ok for 28 days. Seems that I tolerate the quinolones well. The bad news is that I have been already 8 days with the cipro and there are no improvements in my prostatitis symptoms.

Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:53 pm

I would be symptom free after 3 to 4 weeks of antibiotics but would have relapse after sex. I have also noticed that prostatitis gets worse and harder to treat as year's pass.

Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:58 pm

Speaking for myself, I was very fatigued when I had prostatitis. It was most noticeable in the beginning, when my whole life changed because of is disease.

Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:42 pm

I don't know if it's related but I have a mild chronic fatigue which fluctuates. But what I know for sure that's related is the fatigue and legs pain that usually comes after ejaculating.

Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:11 pm

@Donesuffering,you are cured? If yes tell me how thanks.
Chavolete if you have taken ciproxin before it won't do much second time,ciproxin helped me the first time then second and third time didn't see any results,also check your self for fibromialgia and rheumatoid arthritis and stay away from quinalone antibio
tics it causes nerve damage and provokes auto immune diseases it has destroyed people's lives.

Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:57 pm

Vinny,

I was cured by Dr. Toth and his prostate injections. I 'caught' prostatitis, and the onset followed a sexual encounter. I spent 2 miserable years taking months of so many different antibiotics. Nitrofurantoin and the Sufla abx only helped to 'beat back' the infection a bit.

I few to NYC had 4 sessions of inextiona in both prostate and seminal vesicles. I was cured, the infection was gone. Recovery from the injections and years of infection took some time. Within 1 year, I was back to 100%. No fatigue, no ED, no pain or swelling, no more infection.

Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:38 pm

Well done I'm happy you got cured.

Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:34 pm

DoneSuffering wrote:
Vinny,

I was cured by Dr. Toth and his prostate injections. I 'caught' prostatitis, and the onset followed a sexual encounter. I spent 2 miserable years taking months of so many different antibiotics. Nitrofurantoin and the Sufla abx only helped to 'beat back' the infection a bit.

I few to NYC had 4 sessions of inextiona in both prostate and seminal vesicles. I was cured, the infection was gone. Recovery from the injections and years of infection took some time. Within 1 year, I was back to 100%. No fatigue, no ED, no pain or swelling, no more infection.

Donesuffering, how long after the sexual encounter did you start prostatitis symptoms? There was a 6 month period between my only unprotected sexual encounter and my symptoms and I'm trying to figure out if they could be connected.

Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:53 pm

Vinny,

Within 3 days of the shady sexual encounter I noticed shooting sensations in my vas deferens. Within 1 week I had powerful spasms in my bladder. Alcohol, caffein would make the discomfort much worse, and I developed a throbbing and swollen lower abdomen.

Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]