Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Help is in your diet 

Post Help is in your diet
Hi.
I am so glad to find this forum. I have some advice which will help some of you.
Back in 2006, I started having the symptoms of enlarged Prostate. My wee's started to hurt at the beginning, and the flow was, for want of a better word, paintakingly slow.
Off I went to the doctor. He ran all the tests for the dreaded cancer, and he gave me the 'digit in the bum' test. He confirmed that I had an enlarged prostate.
While the tests were sent away, I went on holiday. What a blessing. I met a chap there who had the same problem. He gave me this advice, and I pass it on to you.
STOP EATING CHEESE.
I was in Sicily at the time, so that was very hard to do, but as soon as I got home, and before my appointment with the doctor, I stopped eating cheese, and within a few days the pain went and the flow had some power again.
I saw the doctor to find out the test results, and was told that it wasn't cancer, but I would have to have to take a drug to relieve the pressure on my prostate. I then told him about cheese. He showed some interest. He admitted that he had not heard about cheese causing the problem. I asked him to spread the word. I hope he has done so.
It is now 2012, and the symptoms are coming back. What can I say? I have had six years reprieve.
It started happening after I came back from another holiday, and before going back to the doctor, I thought that it may be due to the hotel food which is a lot different to what I eat at home.
So I'll see if going back to my normal diet will do any good, or if I'll have to go back to the doctor and start on a drug.
I'll keep you posted, but in the meantime, please, spread the word that cutting cheese from your diet may be a big help.

If anyone has found that cutting out any other food has helped them please let everyone know.

Thanks. Shepster.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:48 pm

Post Re: Help is in your diet
i am a new victim of this crazy condition. started day after thanksgiving 2011. first it was diagnosed as epitimitus(spelling?) and treated with antibiotics. seemed to work. i am on my feet alot. slowly symptoms returned and worsened. one urologist recommened a caffene free lifestyle - which I dreaded. I went 3 days with out it. and symptoms started improving quite effectively. then - i got a very stressful call from a customer claiming a chocolate product I produce and distribute had mold! I was very worried about this. got up first thing in the morning to visit my customer. while waiting i could not resist drinking a cup of coffee -the large one. well, shortly after this my symptoms came back - and worsened. i went to a different urologis - who actually examined me - and he discovered an infection of the prostate. I was put on cipro - and , I hestantly obliged. I cut out all caffene and red meat and take saw plamento too. my symptoms are now greatly reduced after one week on this regiment. I started working out again just today. I am worried about the golf season. has anyone experienced playing through the pain? did it make the condition worse?

Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:29 pm

Post Re: Help is in your diet
Hi.

A few weeks down the line now, and things have got better. After the holiday I got back to my normal diet where I don't eat cheese, chocolate or ordinary coffee, but I do have plenty of broccoli, and fresh veg, and I'm back on decaf coffee.
The symptoms have gone again, and I feel you should all know about it.

I hope this helps some of you.
Thanks.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]