Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 For New Posters And Posters New At Heart! 
Site Admin

Post For New Posters And Posters New At Heart!
We have had a huge influx of new members, most of whom have not posted anything yet, so it's time for me to post a few notes and make sure a couple rules are understood.

We routinely get notes about how well this forum runs without the constant litany of verbal abuse and foul language. Fully understanding that we are all adults, we do not allow 'naughty words' here, especially the "big one." I let a few things slide but the foul language thing is high on our list of 'No, not here!' If I have to edit that word out of your posts a second time, you are gone. Forewarned is forearmed. I try not to be too big a kvetcher, but certain words are just not allowed here.

We like verbal exchanges here between posters as long as it doesn't turn too personal. Because we have a number of 'friendly' physicians who help here, we prefer you not slam docs. I understand frustrations but some docs frequently mentioned here are contributors. I'll send you a private message first time around if I think something is overboard.

All of our posts have to be approved by me and I try to get to them about once an hour during the day from 9AM to midnight EST (New York City Time). I wake up a couple times a night (thanks to a new puppy) and I will check the forum when that happens.

If you post an external link to another site, I am required by my board of directors to put a redirect code on it that warns users they are leaving this site to go to another one. We allow various helpful sites but links to competing forums are not allowed and if it looks like you are just here to pitch a product, we nip that in the bud early too. Besides, most of the regulars here are on to the sham stuff and you would be amazed at how much some overnight sensation joins this place and then just starts spamming the board.

Lastly, the "Personal Message" option is active and you can talk to other members here but if someone begins to abuse you or spam you, contact me immediately and I'll stop it. Send me screen grabs of the abuse.

I am available by private message (which sends me an email and I get an alert ASAP) and am willing to help you when I can. Thanks and here is to hoping for an advancement in treatment soon!

Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:08 pm

Post Re: For New Posters And Posters New At Heart!
Thanks for all you do.

This forum is outstanding and members that are fortunate to have found it have the opportunity to gain a lot of knowledge and get support regarding this mysterious malady .

Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:33 pm

Thanks for all the effort. It's highly appreciated.

Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:51 pm

I keep looking for an introduction, i think it is okay to start a new one in general thread.

ADMIN NOTE: Go for it! We have some great posters here.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:42 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]