Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 New Here 

Post New Here
I'm 26, and I'm fairly sure that what I have is Chronic Bacterial Prostatitis. Back in August, I had a nasty case of Epididymitis. I took a two week course of Cipro, and that seemed to clear things up, but I still had some pain and heaviness in my testicles. I saw a Urologist, urine culture came back negative, and so he prescribed me the anti-inflammatory, Celebrex. That didn't help too much, saw him again a month later and he recommended I take Quercetin, which is just a supplement. That helped a lot more, but still I was suffering from a seeming kind of Chronic Epididymitis. Eventually though, with the epididymis pain I found that NOT ejaculating for two weeks really helped to ease things up. (I know for Prostatitis that ejaculating can help, but for those who think they may have epididymitis, not ejaculating for a period of time seems the way to go). But it still took until the middle of November until the epidiymitis cleared up, and for the most part has not returned.

But things still haven't felt completely "normal" down there, and the symptoms I'm dealing with now seem more in line with Prostatits. I still take Quercetin (200 mg), plus Cranberry supplement and Zinc (15 mg per day), and while these things help, it doesn't seem to quite do the trick. I still feeling some burning while peeing, as well as a burning sensation around the prostate area, and some occasional pelvic pain.

Around mid-December I took a one week course of Amoxicillin for an unrelated throat infection, and everything went away! It's weird because I'm guessing that Amoxicillin isn't known for penetrating the prostate well. I felt great, but then about two weeks later it started coming back, and now I'm still having the burning while peeing, and an overall inflammation at the base of the penis and testes. In addition, it seems that the Zinc, Cranberry, Quercetin combination isn't working as well as it used to. I guess I should head back to the Urologist (this will be the fourth time since the summer), and ask for a course of antibiotics that will penetrate the Prostate gland and take care of this once and for all. One thing I am worried about is him not prescribing an antibiotics course. I guess maybe a semen test would show bacteria in there hopefully? All of my urine cultures have come back negative, but maybe semen would have the bacteria?

Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:02 am

Post Re: New Here
I feel your pain. I have been dealing with pretty much the same symptoms since i was 38 Im 43 now. I have always stayed in shape lifting weights and running. I played football in college and tried to maintain good health. The symptoms for me come and go and mainly have a cramping/burning feeling between scrotum and anus. It would clear up for awhile when I was given proloprim by my urologist. Havent had any issues for almost 2yrs. and all of a sudden November comes and those feelings are back. Been on proloprim again since. Feels a little better but not there yet. He told me it takes along time, the prostate has a hard time recieving the antibiotc he said lots of water to help get it through.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:28 pm

Over the years I have heard so many prostatitis patients mention weight lifting; I wonder if there is a connection?
But we are talking epiditimysis here also.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:47 am

Hi Russell

Try reading the info on this website: http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... ostatitis/

I have personally been treated by Dr Atilla Toth with good results

best of luck

Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:54 pm

I am brand new to this site and have suffered chronic non bacterial prostatitis since I was 32, I am now 60. I have seen numerous doctors and consultants over the years and had all the usual massages and long term antibiotics, for the first 14 years I got very little respite and then I started to get periods of relief and sometimes completely free of the symptoms which is great and in those times though I know it will return I console myself that there will be further periods of relief in the future, but when it does return (I have it as I write) it's hard to be so optimistic.

The most recent consultation I had was November 2010 when I was told "I'd just have to live with it"

I hope I haven't depressed you all too much, keep in mind it's not life threatening :)

Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:43 am

Thank you for your kind words, you are correct when you say take no notice of the quack doctor remedies, you might as well throw your money out the window, I feel that if this was a woman's complaint a cure would have been found long since.

Never give up

John

Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:43 am

Prostatitis free for 3 months but back with a vengeance now :(

Wed May 23, 2012 10:41 am

I would suggest cutting the cranberry out of your intake. Cranberry is exemely acidic and can cause more damage than good. I learned the hard way on that. I too was on antibiotics twice. This ailment requires internal and external massage . Read my other post. I got rid of this in 6 months.

Sun May 27, 2012 12:17 pm

Anybody tried this or know anything about it, good or bad?

http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... emate.com/

Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:48 am

john

have you looked at: http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... linic.com/

Dr Toth has helped me.

good luck

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]