Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Prostatitis won't die 

Post Re: Prostatitis won't die
prostate454 wrote:
So I literally just got a call from my ID doc, here is very good and proactive in communications (even called me on x-mas day last year with test results!).

He examined my CT scan from last fall (up til now only my old uro had seen the results) and to him it was clear I have a prostate stone/calcification. We all know that in and of itself it isn't THAT abnormal to have those, but it could very well be a nidus of infection or perhaps has progressed into an abscess in the past 9 months. The next CT scan will hopefully tell more. It's not exactly a smoking gun but at least it's something to track down. Tomorrow I will go and schedule the test.

wow awesome for you.. thats actually really positive news, and i hope your scans show something. How do they resolve calcification?

So both my wife and i asked the ID dr to reconsider her options..

"We have already extended our duration of treatment well beyond the standard 4 weeks for prostatitis" - ive had 7 weeks.

seems to me that obviously the book says 4 weeks and they threw out all the rules and said lets do 7. but no more...

Even in the reading ive done it can take 12 weeks.. but they are not prepared to see if the progression continues.. really bloody annoying.. also said a repeat semen culture isnt needed.. ( umm why .. because my bloods have shown nothing ever, neither has my urine, yet the semen and eps shows a strong e-coli ).. i just dont get drs.

its not like i love being on these drugs... but IF they were working at all i really want to stay on them

Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:06 pm

Well my diarrhea was getting worse so I went to the ER and turns out I have a c.diff infection from the antibiotics. So now after months of training and prep my mountain climbing trip is canceled. Prostatitis ruins yet more plans. I hate this.

Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:22 pm

prostate454 wrote:
Well my diarrhea was getting worse so I went to the ER and turns out I have a c.diff infection from the antibiotics. So now after months of training and prep my mountain climbing trip is canceled. Prostatitis ruins yet more plans. I hate this.

Inflamed had a good suggestion for you. S. Boulardii (florastor) prevents (to some extent) yeast and C. Diff. proliferation.

The most effective for C. Diff. is a fecal microbiota transplant.

Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:48 am

jaumeb wrote:
prostate454 wrote:

Inflamed had a good suggestion for you. S. Boulardii (florastor) prevents (to some extent) yeast and C. Diff. proliferation.

The most effective for C. Diff. is a fecal microbiota transplant.

It may be good but apparently it doesn't prevent it altogether as that's what I had been taking!

Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:21 pm

Well I said to heck with it and risked my life and went in the mountaineering adventure anyway. Much against the advice of my ER doctor. All went well aside from daily diarrhea which wasnt as bad as I was fearing. I'm still on flagyl and still have diarrhea...don't know if it's the flagyl or the c-diff.

So get this. I actually had 4 straight days without any pain! All my symptoms were gone. I was thinking perhaps the augmentin and Moxy finally did the job. My wife and I were down hiking the mountain and I told her I was afraid to say it....but I think I might have finally been cured! She gave me a high five and life was good. Well that night in the tent I got the feeling back. Then it got worse....and now I'm on a 4/5 on the pain scale. Again it came back on the 9th day following antibiotics.

I almost wish the pain had never gone away because it reminded me of what life could be like. Just a dream at this point. The only good thing is that this again proves that antibiotics can work, but there's got to be some source of this stupid bacteria in there that won't go away.

So I go to my uro on monday. I'm not sure what's next aside from my CT. The c-diff complicates future treatment because as bad as prostatitis is, I don't want to lose my colon or something worse.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:31 pm

prostate454 wrote:
Well I said to heck with it and risked my life and went in the mountaineering adventure anyway. Much against the advice of my ER doctor. All went well aside from daily diarrhea which wasnt as bad as I was fearing. I'm still on flagyl and still have diarrhea...don't know if it's the flagyl or the c-diff.

So get this. I actually had 4 straight days without any pain! All my symptoms were gone. I was thinking perhaps the augmentin and Moxy finally did the job. My wife and I were down hiking the mountain and I told her I was afraid to say it....but I think I might have finally been cured! She gave me a high five and life was good. Well that night in the tent I got the feeling back. Then it got worse....and now I'm on a 4/5 on the pain scale. Again it came back on the 9th day following antibiotics.

I almost wish the pain had never gone away because it reminded me of what life could be like. Just a dream at this point. The only good thing is that this again proves that antibiotics can work, but there's got to be some source of this stupid bacteria in there that won't go away.

So I go to my uro on monday. I'm not sure what's next aside from my CT. The c-diff complicates future treatment because as bad as prostatitis is, I don't want to lose my colon or something worse.

Soo can i suggest that maybe its not totally bacterial? I had similar things, couple of days wonderful, couple of days crap. ive found that if i have a PT session i get a bad day the next day after the session, then about 2-3 good days ( good is a relative term ), and then the bad sets in, then another pt session, rinse repeat, have you tried PT? ive got about 5 sore spots, all around the external testical muscle area, and about 2 internal spots that are like guitar strings and they flare up in a couple of days .. over time im hoping that they relax slightly longer each time... just a suggestion that doing things, moving, walking, getting your mind off stuff actually helped which points to a muscle issue not just bacterial? are you saying that 9 days oFF the meds that you got the problems back? im on day 6 with no meds... i still have pains, im hoping they dont get worse.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:46 pm

Logcrusader wrote:
Soo can i suggest that maybe its not totally bacterial? I had similar things, couple of days wonderful, couple of days crap. ive found that if i have a PT session i get a bad day the next day after the session, then about 2-3 good days ( good is a relative term ), and then the bad sets in, then another pt session, rinse repeat, have you tried PT? ive got about 5 sore spots, all around the external testical muscle area, and about 2 internal spots that are like guitar strings and they flare up in a couple of days .. over time im hoping that they relax slightly longer each time... just a suggestion that doing things, moving, walking, getting your mind off stuff actually helped which points to a muscle issue not just bacterial? are you saying that 9 days oFF the meds that you got the problems back? im on day 6 with no meds... i still have pains, im hoping they dont get worse.

Yeah I did the whole PT thing for about 8 weeks and had the exact same experience you did. The day of...felt pretty decent. Day after....soreness increased (due to delay onset muscle soreness). Then the next day or two after that felt pretty good. Then it all came back until the next session and the cycle repeated every time. Unfortunately it never got any *better* over the long term. Eventually I got sick of spending $20 a visit for nothing but having my PT's fingers up my rectum. I'm hoping or your sake that the results are more promising.

My experience with moxi is that I feel quite a bit better during and immediately after, then on the 9th day after I stop (it has literally been the 9th day 3 times now), I get that pressure feeling and it feels like it's blowing up again. Never before this time did all the symptoms completely go away though. No pain, inflammation, redness...nothing. Then it lasted four days! If it's like previous times, I'll have a few days really bad (like right now - 4/5 pain, inflammation, mild discharge) and then it'll settle back down a bit around a 2/5. Making it worse this time I'm sure is the bad diarrhea associate with flagyl or c-diff...whichever is currently causing it.

I'd really prefer you to be correct and it not be an infection. I'm sue I'll do another semen culture next week, we'll see if it shows heavy enterococcus again. If it does, I'm going to be pretty furious.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:52 pm

I'm sorry the florastor was not enough to stop the c. diff. from growing.

Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:43 am

Went to uro today. No great insights, as expected. I left a urine and semen specimen for culture - he said he'd be flabbergasted if the enterococcus was still present after augmentin for that long. We'll see! I'm going to start Flomax again to see if it helps. I last used it late last year and didn't think it was helping, though if I look back through my journal my prostate pain was definitely less back in those days. So what the heck I figure I'll try it again since it didn't have any side effects. And I got a low dose of valium to help me on the days I can't sleep due to the pain. That'll be a big help. I can handle the waking pain most of the time, it's just the pain and numbness/burning in my legs when I try to go to bed that really gets me down.

As expected my symptoms have dropped down a little bit after the initial post-abx flare-up. Now it just feels like my prostate is really tired and like a muscle would when it's full of lactic acid - sort of a burn. Urethritis symptoms are dropping off a bit as well, not as much inflammation there.

Leaving a semen specimen at the office was a bit of a challenge! Lots of pressure to take care of business. Then when I came out of the room with the cup in hand there were four nurse ladies waiting just right outside the door for me haha! One thing I've noticed recently is that my volume is through the roof. I swear I've peed less at times! And I've already had a vasectomy, who knows...

Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:48 pm

Figure I'm due for an update:

1. Received test results back - both urine and semen cultures were negative. This is only after about 10 days or so off abx, but hopefully it's legit. I'll probably test again in a month or two just to make sure it has stayed that way.

2. I've been feeling a little better lately however things really hinge around ejaculation. I've had a few 1/5 pain days if I wait 4-5 days between ejaculation. The days immediately following are usually 2/5 or 3/5, though sometimes it actually makes me feel better. It's hard to discern a pattern, but I haven't needed a valium to sleep in over a week which I'll take as a good thing. I really just hope that I can avoid taking any more abx's from here on out because...

3. ...I've had a c-diff relapse following my flagyl regimen. Now I'm on vancomycin for the next ten days to try again to cure that. Having c-diff has really taken a toll on me - I'm always tired, there's the diarrhea (obviously), my immune system is really knocked down as well. I can really tell because my herpetic neuropathy is flaring up. I'm sure it isn't helping my prostatitis either. I'm really nervous that I'm going to get in some endless c-diff loop with relapses and antibiotics - maybe I've become disenchanted with modern medicine because of the lack of progress with prostatitis, I just have no faith in it anymore.

One good thing - the c-diff has caused me to pretty much forget about my prostatitis! I used to just want to go back to the good old days before prostatitis where life was normal, but now I just want to go back to the days where I only had to deal with prostatitis and not diarrhea all the time! Amazing how quickly your frame of reference can shift, lol.

All I know is if I never see another antibiotic for the rest of my life then I'll die a happy man.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:59 am

Fmt is more effective than abx in the treatment of cdiff.

Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:05 am

jaumeb wrote:
Fmt is more effective than abx in the treatment of cdiff.

Yeah that's in the back of my mind. Haven't approached that subject with my wife yet...it'll be so romantic I'm sure. "oh honey just think, we'll be connected on a whole new level".

That said, I'm feeling a lot better since starting the vancomycin. My BMs are much more formed by the 3rd day of vanco then they ever were on metronidazole. Popping two florastor a day and have VSL3 and another probiotic ready for when I go off the vanco. Lots of yogurt as well.

Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:31 pm

Openbiome offers microbiota preparations to drs. I am glad that you current approach seems to be giving results.

Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:37 am

Time for some update...still haven't heard back from my ID doctor from my pelvic CT scan (on 9/6/16) so I just went in and got a copy of the results myself. I'll give you guys my results so you know what you might expect in case you ever get a CT scan.

I had a previous CT scan performed back in November of 2015, which was about 4mo after all these symptoms originally began though the prostate pain was less back in those days. Here's what they've found has happened within the last 10 months:

1. Prostate gland has enlarged from 4.6cm to 5.4cm transversely
2. AP length remains the same at 3.3cm
3. Sagittal length has increased from 4.8cm to 5.4cm

Other findings include:

1. "minimal central dystrophic calcification on the current and prior CT"
2. "some mass effect upon the bladder base due to the enlarged prostate, without bladder wall thickening, hypertrophy"
3. "mild infiltrative inflammatory appearing changes about the seminal vesicles, also developing increasing finding"
4. "otherwise normal pelvic bowl, bladder, mesentery, with no free fluid, no mass or bulky adenopathy"

Final impression from CT scan was:

"Developing prostatomegaly, and periprostatic seminal vesicle region infiltrative inflammatory changes, consistent with clinical diagnosis of prostatitis, as detailed above"

So basically the size of my prostate has increased by a decent amount even from last November when it was already slightly increased, which I'm sure explains the increase in symptoms over the past year. I can rule out any sort of imaginary CP/CPPS as the cause of my issues. I'll be forwarding this info to my uro for his opinion as well. At least I can tell any doc who says this is in my head to go f-off.

I'm also now off my vancomycin for one day now. Already my stomach is rumbling more than normal and I feel some diarrhea coming on but I'm hoping that's due to my increase in yogurt and probiotics and not a return of c-diff. It seems a little fast for it to already be recurring in less than 24 hours since stopping abxs.

Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:02 am

Time for an update!

1. I went to a new uro this past Tuesday. They're right down the street which helps quite a bit not having to drive 1.5 hours into downtown DC for visits. He was younger, probably about my age and very smart. There were no revelations as a result of the visit nor was I expecting any. At one point I straight up challenged him on how many of these chronic prostatitis cases he actually sees. He did admit mine seemed a little more difficult than most, but admitted that 2-3 people a week come to him with chronic prostatitis. His explanation was that most men don't like to talk about this sort of thing so it's just an unspoken sort of suffering that we all go through. Most of his cases come and go over time with occasional flareups that require antibiotics when they flare but they do go away. He doesn't typically see cases like mine where it's months (or years) with continuous pain.

2. Given that, and that I've been on a zillion antibiotics without much improvement as a result, he told me it might end up being something I just have to ride out and work on managing the pain for. He prescribed me Gabapentin to see if that would help the neural pain as he said some of his clients see improvement with it. I tried it for three days but gave up - it made my tinnitus really bad and actually flared up my post herpetic neuralgia, which is ironic because it's prescribed to reduce neuralgia from shingles (mine is HSV2 though).

3. So now I'm going to try Lyrica and see if that helps. I doubt it will, but it's worth a shot. It seems like everything causes me tinnitus nowadays. One thing he didn't really understand was why I bothered with a semen culture to try and diagnose the prostatitis as bacterial or not. I was a little confused at this questioning but didn't really bother to challenge him on it since I didn't see what it would gain me - I'm trying to be a good patient. Maybe I'll ask him about it during my follow up visit in another week or two.

4. All the above notwithstanding, I do think I've seen some slow improvement over the past month. I haven't had any nights where I've had the leg numbing pain or needed a valium to sleep. I also haven't woken up in despair from the pain in the middle of the night. Some of this is also helped from the fact that my C-diff infection hasn't recurred again. Slowly my digestive tract is settling back down and I've noticed my neuralgia has improved as my immune system has no doubt recovered from that infection. I've thought about getting another urine/semen culture to make sure I'm still negative for enterococcus, but I don't think I will unless things get a lot worse. If it came back positive I'd have to go back on abxs and be at risk for another c-diff infection and I don't want to go through that again any time soon.

Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:33 pm

It's been a long time since my last update so I figured I'd share my progress:

1. I think I can be confident enough at this point to say publicly that I appear to have entered a new phase of this disease. Things have definitely changed for the better. First off, I find that if I ejaculate daily I actually feel better now. Before it was the exact opposite. This to me is awesome news, not because I really want to clean the pipes every day (that's a lot of work), but because the threat of pain is not hanging over my head should I decide to do so.

2. There are more and more days where the pain is a 1/5 instead of a 2/5 or 3/5. Where it used to be pretty rare for me to have a 1/5 pain day it now seems to be the norm. I have occasional spikes to 3/5 which somehow seemed to be tied to ejaculation, but they are now the outliers. I have not had a 4/5 pain day in months.

3. I really haven't had any medication changes that explain things. Still on the Flomax. I tried the gabapentin for 3 days but stopped that due to tinnitus. I just started lyrica 2 days ago but have noticed the tinnitus worsening so will probably stop it as well. It's rather expensive anyway and at this point if things keep going like they are I'm not sure I really need it. I thought I'd at least give it a try to see if it helped.

4. My urethra inflammation/redness and pain has really reduced drastically. Most days it's not an issue. I am very grateful for this.

5. My general feeling at this point is that I did have an enterococcus infection as indicated on my semen culture and perhaps the Augmentin did actually cure it up in August, as it was supposed to per the sensitivity test. But at this point I still have inflammation and pain that could be residual. Perhaps the prostate really takes an extremely long time to recover, or perhaps it's like a switch and once chronic prostatitis is turned on then it never truly goes away 100%, it just has to be managed. I hope it continues to get better but I'm just happy to be where I'm at right now for the time being. It's nice to be able to sleep at night without complete throbbing pain.

6. Now I hope I just didn't go and jinx all my progress by putting the words down on paper...

Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:57 am

Hi mate this is amazing news... hope the improvements continue

Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:11 pm

Update time....this morning I went to Johns Hopkins to my latest and greatest urologist. Probably the most personable and caring doctor I've been to yet, but at the end of the day I'll crap in one hand and care in the other and see which one fills up faster...

1. LOLs as I went through the treatment and drugs that I've gone through in the past. He was like uhhhh ok you seem to know more about this than I do and you've already gone above and beyond what I would have thought to try for cure. He's never seen a case quite like this one, etc...at this point I was sad as I knew my trip wouldn't yield any breakthroughs.

2. So at this point I told him I wanted another semen culture and if it came back enterococcus then I want to try fosfomycin. He looked at me kinda funny and said he'd never have thought to do a semen culture! So I now have been to four urologists...two at big name big city hospital centers, and only one has ever heard of a semen culture for prostatitis!!!

3. Anyway, he didn't know what type of test, and they didn't use LabCorp so I had to walk him through the system and identify an aerobic sterile body fluid culture. Forget the anaerobic...it wasn't going to happen.

4. What transpired next was lunacy, I had to go to multiple campus labs all of which passed the buck onto the next one because they couldn't get past the fact that it was a semen culture. Every single time they'd look at the order and be like oh ok...until they saw the word S-E-M-E-N! It's like I'm packing some sort of nuclear waste and they immediately say they don't do anything with it. Anyway, ultimately I have to drive another 2 hours each way on Monday because when I finally got to a lab that would do the culture she told me it was too late because of the holiday coming up. I was ready to flip out on somebody.

5. HOWEVER, all was not lost. He did indicate that once the culture comes back and we discuss, he can refer me to one of the great prostatitis experts (his words) in Philadelphia. I've heard tell of some expert in Philadelphia from multiple uros but this is the first time I'll actually get a referral. Dr. Pontierre (sp?) or something like that. I'll report back once I find out more in a couple weeks.

So yeah it was almost a waste of a day but not quite. In any case, my pain has only been at a 1/5 or 2/5 the past two day so I'm kinda happy. I was actually looking back at my log today in his office and of the ~500 days I've had prostatitis now, I've literally only been pain free for 18 of them. Ridiculous.

Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:10 pm

Dear God, has common core invaded the medical establishment? A semen culture is a serious no brainer, especially where prostatitis is concerned. It's such a logical step to take, I am astounded that so many urologists don't order these simple, non invasive tests. It's even worse when the patient has to educate the doctor. Sorry to hear about today's attempt prostate454, try to get that referral and let us know the deal when, or if you see him.

Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:18 pm

454- I read all of your posts.

I have had the condition for 8 +years- starting at 48 Been down all the paths you have and same antibiotics. As well as physical therapy. Though I never got c-diff.

Right now I feel cured.

I think the condition is related to gut bacteria and it permeates your intestine and gets into your prostate.

Going on a low carb low sugar diet seems to help irradiate the gut bacteria and relieve prostate symptoms.

Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:40 pm

I've thread through all your thread and its very interesting and knowledgeable to read your story.

Im glad that your symptoms have been improved since you was tested positive for enterrococcus and was prescribed with augmentin for 50 days and that you even took matter into your own and started avelox aswell. Because augmentin isnt very succesful on penetrate prostate itself but with the help of avelox it will easier penetrate. And the suspicion why you feel pain free or even better the first days of avelox could be because the drug isn't 100% succesor to kill enteroccos bacteria, only like 77%. So it may have had great success the first days on the bacteria then slowly the bacteria started to grow back and came back even though not in the same amount as in the first place.

Have you got done your test to see you if was still positive for enterrococcus ? or got the results for that ?

Im also curious because now you say that some days your pain scale is only 1/5 , even most days , before this all started I mean before you took all abx , augmentin, moxi , and everything, did you also remember you felt you had days that was 1/5 or was like every day back then hell like a pain scale of 4/5-5/5 every day?

Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:29 pm

bill_johnstl wrote:
454- I read all of your posts.

I have had the condition for 8 +years- starting at 48 Been down all the paths you have and same antibiotics. As well as physical therapy. Though I never got c-diff.

Right now I feel cured.

I think the condition is related to gut bacteria and it permeates your intestine and gets into your prostate.

Going on a low carb low sugar diet seems to help irradiate the gut bacteria and relieve prostate symptoms.

Good for you that you feel cured! I'm jealous, though not so much if you had to suffer this for 8 friggin years. You definitely earned your stripes there.

I still haven't come to accept the whole leaky gut thing, though I certainly don't know enough about biology to consider my opinion anything other than just an opinion.

In my case I was a perfectly healthy 35yo at the time, never had any serious health problems, certainly none involving my reproductive organs. Only had one sexual partner for my entire life, hadn't even kissed another girl other than my wife. Then one July day in 2015 I had sexual contact with this random former friend and boom 24 hours later symptoms started and the rest is history. It's pretty clear to me where it came from, no mystery there.

Though somewhat ironic, if it was indeed caused by enterococcus bacteria in my case then I guess technically it was caused by gut bacteria so to speak. Same with those who have it caused by ecoli. The path may not have been through the gut wall but ultimately the bacteria is the same, yes?

One wild card, after all these antibiotics I have no idea what the condition of my digestive flora is, especially after c-diff. I could certainly see some unintended consequences with the immune system at this point. I do notice that I don't feel as healthy as I used to - often just ever so slightly under the weather, feeling kind of warm (no fever though) and not quite right. I wonder if the whole thing would have just healed more quickly on its own had I never taken any antibiotics in the first place and had a stronger immune system. That could be true for a lot of us with this disease maybe? That horse already left the stable a long time ago unfortunately...

Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:47 pm

Twister wrote:
I've thread through all your thread and its very interesting and knowledgeable to read your story.

Im glad that your symptoms have been improved since you was tested positive for enterrococcus and was prescribed with augmentin for 50 days and that you even took matter into your own and started avelox aswell. Because augmentin isnt very succesful on penetrate prostate itself but with the help of avelox it will easier penetrate. And the suspicion why you feel pain free or even better the first days of avelox could be because the drug isn't 100% succesor to kill enteroccos bacteria, only like 77%. So it may have had great success the first days on the bacteria then slowly the bacteria started to grow back and came back even though not in the same amount as in the first place.

Have you got done your test to see you if was still positive for enterrococcus ? or got the results for that ?

Im also curious because now you say that some days your pain scale is only 1/5 , even most days , before this all started I mean before you took all abx , augmentin, moxi , and everything, did you also remember you felt you had days that was 1/5 or was like every day back then hell like a pain scale of 4/5-5/5 every day?

Yeah I did do that mix though I'm not sure it was beneficial. That may have been what pushed me over the edge and allowed the C-diff to colonize. I'm now very wary of mixing abxs and doubt I'd do it in the future. But the Augmentin didn't seem to do a damn thing and pain was bad so I had to do something at the time.

I am going to deposit a new semen sample on Monday for culture so I'll see then if I'm clean or still have some bacteria up there. It certainly feels like I do, though a week or so following the Augmentin I was tested and supposedly clean.

I actually have my daily excel log that I've been keeping for the past year and record my daily pain on a scale from 1-5 and record every single medication that I take daily. I can easily go back and see what worked and what didn't. I also have a graph embedded that just plots the pain values and I can add an overlay of the various meds on the same timeline. I would attach it to a post here but I don't think we can do that on this forum. As far as the pain over time...the only time I ever really get a 4/5 or 5/5 was when I was taking Claritin-D or inadvertently some other nasal decongestant or cold medicine. I noticed no real change following all the abxs. Though while on Moxifloxacin there was definite improvement until the 9th day after stopping then it would come back like before. And randomly the oral vancomycin made me feel best of all during my 14 day c-diff treatment.

Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:01 pm

Ok so all in all what you are saying that now some days you feel like you are "cured" and you can even masturbate every day without any prob , you are saying this is nothing "new" and this also happened in the beginning before you took all the abx journey , like in the early stages of your prostatitis you also felt "cured" some days and could even so masturbate every day without it flaring back up?

Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:56 pm

Twister wrote:
Ok so all in all what you are saying that now some days you feel like you are "cured" and you can even masturbate every day without any prob , you are saying this is nothing "new" and this also happened in the beginning before you took all the abx journey , like in the early stages of your prostatitis you also felt "cured" some days and could even so masturbate every day without it flaring back up?

That was a number of weeks back where I was feeling a lot better and mistakenly thought I was well on the road to recovery. I'm not able to ejaculate daily and feel that pain free anymore, it must have just been some random quirk where it was ok for that short time. I'm sticking to every 3-4 days now and that seems to be a decent combo. Had sex last night and now my urethra feels more irritated than normal. I'm going to have to abstain til Monday when I go for my culture anyway just to get the best reading.

All that said, it does feel different than it used to now. I don't know whether it's good or bad but typically my urethra isn't as inflamed or irritated as it was last year and earlier this year. Maybe this thing goes through stages or maybe different zones are inflamed in the prostate now causing different symptoms. I have learned through all this that there are different areas of the prostate and they have different makeup of muscle or glands so I can see where symptoms would change over time depending on how each zone was injured.

Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next