Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:24 pm



Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Prostatitis won't die 
Author Message

Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:48 pm
Posts: 465
Post Re: Prostatitis won't die
Hey - how's your progress going with PT? Can you outline what your PT is doing in session, and what she assigned you to work on at home?


Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:55 am
Profile

Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:49 pm
Posts: 133
Post Re: Prostatitis won't die
prostate454, I don't wanna break your bubble, but I actually think one of the flouroquinoline cured you, Moxifloxacin to be exact. Not that you was without any medicine for 12 days that you may believe it was.

If you never eaten any of those medicine you took, i would still think you would have the same symptoms today as your "hell days". But the body takes a while to get used to, even though you felt like .... after stopped taking the ABs. the bacteria was already gone, the body just take some time and adjustment to get back to normal after such a long time. Which it did.

I say this because, I am in a similar journey path as you. Ive had this for almost an year now. Problem is, my doctors refuses to help me so I havnt nearly taken all those meds you have taken. And im still in the hell days with extreme pain. My symptoms doesnt improve if im off any medicine, or if im off EJ/sex. Heck I havnt even had sex for 1 year since i had my first outbreak.

And reason why I say Moxifloxacin was your cure is because, well firstly as you said it was the med that almost made you symptom-free. But it's also an antibiotic that is broad-spectrum and kills almost anything, penetrates very good the prostate, bacteria have almost no resistant against it, and it have cured prostatitis of almost 100% chance rate of everyone I know and talked too. I think the cure rate of that medicine is 90% while cipro is at 60%.


Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:58 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 9:48 am
Posts: 647
Post Re: Prostatitis won't die
Twister wrote:
prostate454, I don't wanna break your bubble, but I actually think one of the flouroquinoline cured you, Moxifloxacin to be exact. Not that you was without any medicine for 12 days that you may believe it was.

If you never eaten any of those medicine you took, i would still think you would have the same symptoms today as your "hell days". But the body takes a while to get used to, even though you felt like .... after stopped taking the ABs. the bacteria was already gone, the body just take some time and adjustment to get back to normal after such a long time. Which it did.

I say this because, I am in a similar journey path as you. Ive had this for almost an year now. Problem is, my doctors refuses to help me so I havnt nearly taken all those meds you have taken. And im still in the hell days with extreme pain. My symptoms doesnt improve if im off any medicine, or if im off EJ/sex. Heck I havnt even had sex for 1 year since i had my first outbreak.

And reason why I say Moxifloxacin was your cure is because, well firstly as you said it was the med that almost made you symptom-free. But it's also an antibiotic that is broad-spectrum and kills almost anything, penetrates very good the prostate, bacteria have almost no resistant against it, and it have cured prostatitis of almost 100% chance rate of everyone I know and talked too. I think the cure rate of that medicine is 90% while cipro is at 60%.



I'm not so sure as you. Literature I've read doesn't really indicate moxi is much better than Levaquin. The only reason I even took it was because I was convinced I had a myco/ureaplasm infection and that was shown to have good efficacy against it. Of course those tests came back negative but I just kept taking it because I felt somewhat better on it and the side effects were relatively benign for me for the first month or two. I felt just about as good on Levaquin but the side effects were much worse. Actually the best I ever felt on any abx was my first 7 day trial of doxy...I felt completely normal but that was early on in this whole experience.

At one point I was convinced I had pretty much every STD infection out there - chlamydia, gonorrhea, Ureaplasma, mycoplasma, trichomoniasis.....they all came back negative every time I tested. I had a urine culture after 3 weeks of this supposed infection that at the time had nothing to do with my prostate and only manifested itself as NSU. This was before I had any drugs at all and was experiencing discharge daily...something should have shown up. No growth - at all.

CAT scan came back normal, digital prostate exam showed only a slight boggy feel per my UR. Nothing.

Coupled with the fact that my symptoms all but disappear immediately after and for a few days following PT and eventually I have to give in to Occam's Razor - that this sexual encounter and the extreme guilt surrounding it has caused a bad case of CPPS.

What is it, something like only 5% of CP cases are actually due to bacterial infection? I'm sure there's some survivorship bias on this forum so the percentages are higher than that but still. It's certainly easier to assume I just have an infection and all I need is the magic abx to fix it all if only my doctor would try this one or that one....long term PT and dealing with the guilt or stress causing CPPS is definitely a tougher road to travel. But this journey isn't over for me yet so who knows, something could cause my opinion to change again for sure...


Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:45 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 9:48 am
Posts: 647
Post Re: Prostatitis won't die
WS1234 wrote:
Hey - how's your progress going with PT? Can you outline what your PT is doing in session, and what she assigned you to work on at home?


Good and bad I guess. Usually the day of and for 2-3 days following a session my pain drops to level 0. Then it'll slowly rise back up to a 1-2 (out of 5 on my scale) until the next visit. I also notice that perineal pressure correlates with ejaculation. If I go more than two days without it then I start to feel some pressure. But solution there is pretty easy...the struggle is real :)

My urethritis symptoms really drop following a session. Unfortunately a lot of ejaculation causes them to get worse so it's a fine line to balance - I "treat myself" or have sex every other day or so and that seems the best route.

PT is pretty much a non-event now. She spends about 30 minutes on the general areas of the PC-muscles. I've found that the anterior portion gives the best results. Also I have her push up against the prostate and it makes me feel like I'm literally peeing all over the table...the first time was very unnerving. Not sure it does anything positive but the combination of that and "strumming" on the anterior portion of the muscle seems to work pretty good. You have to be careful not to be too rough with them because then it makes things worse. Strumming on the PC muscles really seems to make a difference. Just like a guitar string she lightly pulls on each side. While she's pulling it exactly mimics the pressure feeling in the perineal region. I feel like that's the muscle that is tight and used to cause the golf ball in the rectum feeling.


Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:09 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:04 pm
Posts: 306
Post Re: Prostatitis won't die
Does PT poke you with your clothes or actual fingers inside your prostate?

One thing I didn't notice is flagyl. Have you taken this drug as CDC recommendation for persistent urethritis?


Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:38 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 9:48 am
Posts: 647
Post Re: Prostatitis won't die
worldofxbox wrote:
Does PT poke you with your clothes or actual fingers inside your prostate?

One thing I didn't notice is flagyl. Have you taken this drug as CDC recommendation for persistent urethritis?



Poke prostate with clothes on? Not sure how that's possible. She uses a gloved hand while I lay on the table with no pants on (under a blanket) either on my stomach or on my back depending on targeted area.

Did Flomax for several months but noticed no difference so I stopped it.


Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:16 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:04 pm
Posts: 306
Post Re: Prostatitis won't die
So she gave you a prostate massage? That would explain why you feel good for few days after. I feel normal after prostate massage for few days as well.

What does she do? Does she move her fingers around looking for trigger points?


Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:17 am
Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:51 am
Posts: 100
Post Re: Prostatitis won't die
Does your PT actually milk the prostate like a doctor would do or is what she's doing different when she's on that area?

Did you have any erectile disfunction at any phase of your prostatitis?


Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:02 am
Profile

Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 9:48 am
Posts: 647
Post Re: Prostatitis won't die
I don't think I've specifically had what I'd call a dedicated prostate massage. She presses on it when she's messing around with the muscles and that's when I feel like I have to pee really bad but it's not like she's purposely massaging it. None of my Uros would even milk the prostate for a culture - they all said that a semen culture was just as effective in detecting an infection. Some research papers I've found on the web seem to confirm this.

In other news, over the past two weeks my symptoms have gotten a fair bit worse for no reason that I can come up with. I've noticed it feels like the prostate area is inflamed or just really tight - it's hard to tell. It's been two months since I stopped abxs so I have a hard time blaming it on that. One thing that I have been doing more of in the past couple weeks is squatting really heavy again. I had hurt my back several months ago so basically took off from working out legs. Now that I'm back doing that I notice the whole pelvic area is tighter in the days following a leg workout. I'm working extra hard to stretch out as best I can. I still feel relief in the days following a PT session so I am thinking it's somehow related.

I am going to try and see my uro one more time for a semen culture since the last time I had one was in the middle of my abx saga. Since it's been months since I've had them I figure this is a good final check - if it comes back clean again then I'll be 100% convinced there's no infection.

Though my prostate has been feeling a little bit "full" recently, I have noticed the urethritis pain is lessened. It's easy to forget how 6 months ago whenever I walked around I would get that itchy irritated feeling in my urethra, especially at the tip, and it would drive me nuts. I don't really notice that sensation anymore. Progress is so glacially slow that sometimes I forget how much worse it was during the dark times.


PS - oh yeah about ED. Definitely don't have that problem. Never did. In fact, nowadays I think I walk around with an erection about 25% of the day. LOL maybe not that much but I swear it's like I'm 16yo again. Somehow it's related to this tightness feeling in the prostate - I literally think I could get off just sitting in a chair and thinking about it hard enough. It wasn't always this way but that's what this latest phase of the disease feels like. Doing heavy squats again might also contribute to increased libido. The only problem with it is if I ejaculate any more than every other day then things get really irritated again so I can't take advantage of it!! The struggle continues....


Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:37 am
Profile

Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 9:48 am
Posts: 647
Post Re: Prostatitis won't die
Well throw that all out the window. Last night I woke up in the middle of a nightmare where I was crapping my pants in front of a whole bunch of people I knew at work! Reason for the dream is that my prostate was feeling the worst it has felt in the past year! Id say a 5 out of 5 on the pain scale. I'm basically back at square one after all the abxs and PT now$$$.

I had called my uro yesterday since things have been getting worse recently but earliest he can see me is on 7/18. I want to try and hold off on restarting moxi until I get another semen culture but I'm not sure I can put up with that pain for three weeks, especially since it seems to be getting worse by the day.

Plus I'm in another state traveling for work this week so am totally out of my routine and away from any of my normal healthcare without access to any real medications. It feels a bit better this morning but I'm considering just going to the ER tonight if it gets that bad again.

Yeah this disease really really sucks. It's like the past year has been for absolutely nothing. There I was, thinking I was getting better or something....lol.


Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:02 am
Profile

Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 9:48 am
Posts: 647
Post Re: Prostatitis won't die
So holy crap. I mentioned earlier that the only change in my life has been that I started taking claritin D several weeks ago for bad seasonal allergies I get. I went back to my daily prostatitis pain diary and sure enough it predates the pain by about a week. Finally talked with my uro this morning and told him this and he was like woah Nellie stop taking that stuff asap!

Sure enough:

http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... EK20150209

Why isn't this advertised more aggressively?

Today will be my last day on pseudoephedrine. Hopefully that has a positive impact. So now I may get to choose between eventually needing a catheter or debilitating muscle fatigue due to allergies. I cannot believe how badly my prostate has flared up in the past few days. Not even sure how I'm able to urinate. Luckily I still can...for now!!! Good Lord.


Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:02 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:39 am
Posts: 609
Post Re: Prostatitis won't die
I read about someone else that had cpps after taking cold medicine.


Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:14 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 9:48 am
Posts: 647
Post Re: Prostatitis won't die
Well good news. Since I stopped taking the Claritin-D (pseudoephedrine sulfate) after my flare-up earlier this week, my crazy terrible prostatitis symptoms have almost completely disappeared again. Phew. In fact I'd go so far as to say this is the best I've felt in the past year. My urethritis symptoms are almost completely gone and the prostatitis is fading very quickly. It's very clear that PES is terrible for an enlarged prostate. I hope eventually I'm able to take it again because it's been a very important allergy medicine for me over the years.

And the true litmus test...lol...I ejaculated twice in one day just this past Wednesday. I haven't dared try to pull that off (pun intended) in a year! If I can do that then I think it's clear that I'm well on the way to recovery.

Still interested in seeing how urine/semen cultures come back but I'm pretty sure they'll be clean given how well I feel. Phew, I can't believe how bad things hurt Monday night. That night was quite an odyssey.

Lesson from this episode - MAKE A FRIGGIN DAILY LOG with symptom changes and medication notes. The only way I was able to put 2 and 2 together was looking back through my xls log and noting that I had started taking Claritin about 1.5 weeks prior to the pain starting to increase.


Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:45 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:50 pm
Posts: 1142
Post Re: Prostatitis won't die
Prostate454, you should look into allergy shots man. I had the worst allergies in the world, one year of injections and I was cured. If you go that route, make sure you get the ones without thimerosal in them.


Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:03 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:51 am
Posts: 100
Post Re: Prostatitis won't die
Can you take regular Claritin without the D? The D is a decongestant, it's the Loratidine that directly blocks allergies.


Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:41 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:53 pm
Posts: 15
Post Re: Prostatitis won't die
What is the concern with thimerosal?


Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:26 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 9:48 am
Posts: 647
Post Re: Prostatitis won't die
It's not quite that easy, my problems are a bit odd. About ten years ago I started getting fibromyalgia/arthritic pain in my muscles and joints that tends to come on worse in the warmer months. It gets very bad and I don't function very well during these times. After several years of this with various doctors I was getting nowhere, but randomly by accident I discovered that any drug that has pseudoephedrine sulfate completely clears it up within hours.

So I need PES....which is now a problem. This year hasn't been as bad and I'm hoping that might be due to me having been found to have lymes disease over the winter. In any case, I'm getting a muscle biopsy and EMGs done this summer so maybe that will shed some light on the problem.


Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:01 am
Profile

Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 9:48 am
Posts: 647
Post Re: Prostatitis won't die
Well great day in the morning. Got an email from my doc last night at midnight (so nice to have a good doc) and my culture grew an organism! Enterococcus, susceptible to levaquin, penicillin and vancomycin.

I did 4wks of levaquin last year and hated the side effects...so would prefer penicillin or vancomycin. But I was just researching vancomycin and it appears to be IV for most uses. Anybody have any experience?


Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:16 am
Profile

Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 9:48 am
Posts: 647
Post Re: Prostatitis won't die
Just got back from pharmacy and picked up 50 days of augmentin (amoxicillin). We'll see what happens...


Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:51 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 9:48 am
Posts: 647
Post Re: Prostatitis won't die
Day three of amoxicillin. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to keep this up for 50 days. In the past 24 hours I've had to crap 9 times...already twice since I woke up this morning (and I'm feeling it coming on again). It's also causing all sorts of gas and I feel mildly nauseous.

Can't really tell yet if my prostate feels any better, I also had PT yesterday so things are a little bit torn up down there today...combined with the diarrhea. Maybe it'll die down in a few days but I'm not holding my breath.

I already know that levaquin tears me up so that's out. That leaves vancomycin...

This whole disease has certainly had its highs and lows (alas, more lows than highs). Today is one of those really low days.


Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:22 am
Profile

Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:50 pm
Posts: 1142
Post Re: Prostatitis won't die
Might want to think about grabbing some Florastor. It will prevent the sh!ts that go along with the abx, for the most part.


Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:24 am
Profile

Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:50 pm
Posts: 1142
Post Re: Prostatitis won't die
Cali2016 wrote:
What is the concern with thimerosal?


Thimerosal is supposedly akin to mercury, at least from what I've read/heard.


Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:53 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:39 am
Posts: 609
Post Re: Prostatitis won't die
Inflamed wrote:
Might want to think about grabbing some Florastor.


I agree with this.


Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:59 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 9:48 am
Posts: 647
Post Re: Prostatitis won't die
I suppose it won't hurt to try (I think?). But won't the cultures just immediately be killed since I'm on antibiotics already?

Pain sucks this morning. Seems worse since going on augmentin. Who knows but none of this has been very encouraging.


Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:07 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:35 am
Posts: 192
Post Re: Prostatitis won't die
prostate454 wrote:
It's not quite that easy, my problems are a bit odd. About ten years ago I started getting fibromyalgia/arthritic pain in my muscles and joints that tends to come on worse in the warmer months. It gets very bad and I don't function very well during these times. After several years of this with various doctors I was getting nowhere, but randomly by accident I discovered that any drug that has pseudoephedrine sulfate completely clears it up within hours.

So I need PES....which is now a problem. This year hasn't been as bad and I'm hoping that might be due to me having been found to have lymes disease over the winter. In any case, I'm getting a muscle biopsy and EMGs done this summer so maybe that will shed some light on the problem.


I dont want to come across as a weirdo here but have you had your Vitamin D level checked?

I will explain my reasoning you say the symptoms get worse in the warmer months and this is typically when the sun is out and at a higher angle which would increase your Vitamin D level when they raise if your low in calcium or magnesium these levels will get worse as calcium is re absorbed into your bones and magnesium is used up int he process of Vitamin D absorption. Both of these can cause joint and muscle pain they are a symptom of both deficiencies. The only reason I bring it up is you describe fibromyalgia and joint pain in your post if you Vitamin D level is 50ng per ml then your in the right range and you may have a magnesium deficiency.

Just some random ideas :)


Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:20 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.