Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Stress is not the cause 

Post Stress is not the cause
For many people, stress is a trigger that worsens their symptoms. For some time now, I have compared everything I recognized with what was present at the beginning of mankind.

Men hunted. Men used to be under a lot of stress, animals threatened them all the time. Still, this problem did not develop for them, at least nothing is being reported.

And even if there were some men who had the same problem at that time, stress is a part of being human. Today we have as little stress as never before.

Less stress is not healing, it is at best numbing pain, therefore the solution is somewhere else.

Besides, it can't be the solution to avoid stress to submit to blackmail through your own body.

Last edited by Whatever on Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:27 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Stress is not the cause
There is good stress and bad stress...in control versus not. An example of "good" are most stresses involved in running your own company when things are going well. Example of "bad" are stresses that happen when you feel out of control.

In my case the extreme pelvic pain was 100 percent due to stress.... for others it can be a true prostate infection or pinched nerve. Many experts on the subject think 95% of prostatitis pain is actually due to stress. How they come up with the 95% figure I have no clue, but that seems to be the consensus.

Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:04 am

I've been living on this planet for a while, I encountered the term distress. So please don't explain something without being asked.

That being said, compared to today, Neanderthals never had control over their lives.

It does not matter what self-proclaimed experts say, it matters what reason says and what worked for most people.

Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:38 pm
Profile WWW

Stress causes many problems and contributes to many others. Stress is also down to the individual. What you consider stress vs someone else, and how it affects you vs the other person could be completely different.

Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:44 pm

Stress is overrated.

Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:05 pm
Profile WWW

Neanderthals were not in control of their lives?? LOL. Such a presumptuous assertion must be a stress-inducing one for you. Besides the inanity of your original post regarding less stress only being a numbing of pain, the idea that stress does not affect pain by increasing it, or even causes it in some cases, is at least nominally delusional. But perhaps that's another attempt at reducing stress, no? Form delusions from pre-conceived ideas with little backing from different experiences, or suffer the dullness and stress of knowing that you don't know. I understand it's difficult to explain what is meant by proposing that stress is a non-factor, but have at it with a less hypocritical, and more considerate approach rather than trying imbue others with your intensely proclaimed absurd theory. And take a chill pill. Extending more stress to the topic of how to combat pain is a diligent effort of causing more harm than is probably intended.

Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:00 pm

I don't believe even that "neandertals", those half-monkey-half-human brutish creatures, even existed. That is a myth. I came across the work of an Spanish biologist who totally debunked Darwinism and explains how even it has done harm to medicine. For example, he explains how bacterias are thought to be "our enemies" and they are, in normal conditions, our allies. That biologist opened to me a Pandora box. I kept searching about criticism to Darwinist theories and after years of reading and researching I know that Darwinism is a myth.

So, every time I see somebody depict our "wild nature" as monkeys fighting each other and with an "hostile" nature I feel discouraged.

I love and respect the tribal and indigenous cultures. I have done a lot of research about them. I have listened and read all I could about them and it's interesting how they describe wild nature as a good place with no stress most of the time. We must don't forget that neandertals and all of that Darwinist BS is the image of nature through XIX Victorian English city dwellers eyes. It's full of bias. So full that it's amazing how unchallenged their assumptions are by most of people.

We need to eliminate Darwinism from our way of seeing the world. Nature can be cruel, the wild can be harsh, but it's not a constant competition as Darwinists claim. In fact, all the ancient cultures knew that in the wild what comes first is order and harmony.

There is a world of difference between blamming bacteria or other natural living things for diseases and thinking that they may be also sick or out of place due to maybe some unbalance caused by this civilization.

Nature is not constant stress and fight. Knowing that Darwinism is BS, I no longer picture my ancestors as ignorant brutes constantly in fear and waiting the "god of civilization" to enlighten them, like that stupid movie, "Quest for Fire". I rather picture them like the Native Americans, full men (not monkeys) living in nature, not against it.

I advise researching about Darwinism criticism. I would put a link from Maximo Sandin, the biologist that openned my eyes about this, but links are not allowed. I suggest those interested to google by his name and "Biology, and old perspective". There is an article he wrote in English which is very powerful and clear.

For those influenced by the stupid dichotomy of "Darwinism vs religion" I will say that not all the critics of Darwinism are religious. The one I suggested above is not. There are a lot of criticism from scientists, but they are usually silenced or not well spread.

Bottom line: The assertion that we come from monkey men always in stress and fighting or suffering almost all the time is a lie. It's an "scientific" myth, among others. We do have more anxiety and stress nowadays. If you don't believe me ask any tribal or indigenous person.

Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:26 pm

Whatever wrote:
For many people, stress is a trigger that worsens the symptoms. For some time now, I have compared everything I recognized with what was present at the beginning of mankind.

Men hunted. Men used to be under a lot of stress, animals threatened them all the time. Still, this problem did not develop for them, at least nothing is being reported.

Nothing is being reported? By whom? By the illiterate savage hunter, who was most probably already dead before developing any symptoms of chronic or autoimmune diseases?

Many people's concept of stress and relaxation is the one of external symptoms. This is a total misunderstanding. A man who externalizes his stress can (under certain conditions) get rid of it. Your savage for instance, could as well kill somebody else without remorse and without penal consequences. Civilized man has to keep it inside and behave "normally". That leads to chronic stress of certain muscles or whole areas in human body; the body doesn't seem "stressful" and may even seem externaly relaxed but it isn't.

In every language, there is a idiom like "I wet my pants out of fear". Why does that happen? Out of stress, or out of a sudden relaxation of the pelvic area? Think about it.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:04 am

Trainman, believe what you want to. But what you write is not knowledge.

Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:34 pm
Profile WWW

Externalizing stress is one way of releasing it. However, like internalizing, it can also result in more stress. How does it become so?

Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:35 am

Interesting, Chavalote. So according to this criticism, which role do antibiotics, antivirals and antifungal drugs play? In other words, how is this criticism helpful for us?

Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:46 pm
Profile WWW

To me antibiotics, antifungals and antivirals (notice the significant prefix anti- in all of them) are like breaking a door with a hammer instead of opening it with a key. They are also very dangerous drugs, specially antivirals. And if we are here is because in some cases they don't even work.

Or put in another way, those drugs are the difference between domination and knowledge. Todays biology has proven that neither bacterias nor virus are inherently pathogenic. They become pathogenic when they suffer "environmental stress" or are out of place. In fact, bacterias and virus are indispensable for life in this planet. Without them the whole life net would not work. I suggest you to do some research about that. It's pretty interesting.

The "war on nature" with its main weapons "anti-" drugs are every day turning to be a nonsense. There are a lot of biologists and physicians warning about the dangers of that way of doing "science".

Antibiotics can success at killing some bacterias and cleaning infections, but that doesn't help us to understand the causes of them and prevent them, which is what I think that would be the most wise way of doing medicine.

And answering to your second question, it depends on what do you understand as "help". I rather would have asked "how is this criticism helpful for me?" Or are you talking in behalf of all of the members of this forum?

There will be people who will find my info worthy to look into, and others who will find it uninteresting. If that is your case, then ignore it.

Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:31 pm

presto423 wrote:
Externalizing stress is one way of releasing it. However, like internalizing, it can also result in more stress. How does it become so?

In most cases, externalization is never complete; you stop before you have started and thus you remain with a half-open door which you will later try to close. People often just cannot manage the released energy because they are not used to. This is a cause for further stress.

The most serious problem is that the inner self is persuaded that he has the RIGHT to externalize - something which will open his appetite later, in a similar situation, to repeat its action and even increase it. The next time may not be so appropriate; fancy, for instance, getting mad with a policeman...

At this point, the personal issue becomes a social problem.

Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:13 pm

Quote:
In most cases, externalization is never complete; you stop before you have started and thus you remain with a half-open door which you will later try to close. People often just cannot manage the released energy because they are not used to. This is a cause for further stress.

The most serious problem is that the inner self is persuaded that he has the RIGHT to externalize - something which will open his appetite later, in a similar situation, to repeat its action and even increase it. The next time may not be so appropriate; fancy, for instance, getting mad with a policeman...

At this point, the personal issue becomes a social problem.

This is called the 'snowball effect', and is not only a logical fallacy, though not in every case, but is also a type of catastrophizing or exaggeration. However, it's useful sometimes, I think. Sports are a great example of externalizing stress with restraints and restrictions set in place to prevent cumulative and intensifying actions that become a danger to others or a social problem. I went to the gym one day to externalize some stress and anger by punching the speed bag and doing some stretching and lifting. This was helpful, and I get what is being said about it not being complete.

However, it may simply be a misconception that it's not complete, or it may be I need to simply recognize and hold in consideration that it's not going to resolve my anger / stress entirely...though that's debatable too. There's a vast difference between a simple adrenaline rush from punching the speed bag or other punching bag, and a rush of adrenaline from hitting a person who has attacked me. I'm thinking the latter is far more heightened and not as easily reachable by simply thinking about how I can externalize my stress. That's me though. Since I'm really more apt to comply with my ability to relieve stress by not putting myself in harm's way, then I think a precognitive externalization involving a simple, non-harmful activity may be more of a solution than getting in a fight or fostering a social problem.

Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:42 pm

Chavalote, that does not lead to a treatment. Of course, it is about me. But if it's not leading to a treatment in general, a treatment for me cannot derived.

I am here for answers and I despise theories that lead nowhere.

Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:18 am
Profile WWW

I'm also here for answers.

My theories are something that I see as clues that can lead me to some answer. When something like Western modern science is so corrupt and misleading nowadays, you must think out of their box so maybe you can find something useful. If you keep thinking inside their narrow framework no answers will be found. In fact, people who find answers are always those who step aside from the dominant set of assumptions.

Imagining our ancestors as monkey-men constantly stressed is what won't lead nobody to answers. That is "scientific" mythology. It's by challening the dominant mythology how you can find new ideas.

If I had the funding and resources that a lot of "scientists" have I could test my ideas but I don't have those. What I can do is only push aside the BS. And there is a lot of BS in the internet with the label of "scientific".

Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:10 am

Normally, drugs are given to support the immune system. Even antibiotics do not remove all bacteria, but enough for the immune system to handle it. Same with antivirals.

The immune system is a vague term. I say: a good immune system is when the body has everything it needs to act on it's own.

Now we try here and there to "boost" the immune system. Therefore, we try to do everything we can for our immune system to work well. We might lose weight, we eat what we think is healthy. But we don't boost it, we move out of the way what is preventing it from working properly.

Some say, stress was stopping it, others say, a lack of nutrients.

But in the end, the question remains: why do I not heal? Why does it still hurt? Why seem our awesome and impressive bodies to capitulate when being faced with small bugs, viruses or nerve irritation?

We have much better nutritional variety than our ancestors had.

The solution cannot be found on one of those "heal naturally" pages, they cite garlic for instance, which is not working, because it is being metabolized, allicin does not pass the ureter, it's metabolized form does.

There is a guy who is nude 24/7 living on his island, look for "Japan's Naked Island Hermit: VICE INTL (Japan)" on youtube. At one point he mentions that he gurgles every day with salt water and that kept him healthy, says he never had a cold since.

These are some random things I heard, let's see how they can be useful.

Sun May 05, 2019 7:38 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]