Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 19, 2019 6:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Diagnosing Asymptomatic Inflammatory Prostatitis? 

Post Diagnosing Asymptomatic Inflammatory Prostatitis?
I had prostatitis over 5 years ago; as of now, I'm one of those cases that appears mild enough that doctors don't even feel an inflamed prostate anymore. The only real symptoms that linger are erectile issues, and occasional urinary urgency. If it's asymptomatic inflammatory prostatitis, is "tests of semen, expressed prostatic secretion (EPS) or prostate tissue that reveal inflammation in the absence of symptoms" the best method, as stated by Wikipedia?

Something tells me that this demands a more accurate and scientific test than a run-of-the-mill urologist will prescribe.

I did try going to Dr. Toth, who diagnosed me with phantom chlamydia... but he apparently does that with everyone, and I hesitated to get his injections due to the high cost and uncertainty that I have an infection, let alone prostatitis anymore. Plus, I've heard that people who get the injections sometimes get their flareups again anyway.

Now I've heard from a few sources that 80% of prostatitis cases are due to an actual persistent infection caught inside the prostate, going undiagnosed. Most sources say that the prostate just stays inflamed, for whatever reason. My case is so mild that I'm not even completely sure if I have prostatitis anymore, but I also don't want to stall time any longer and leave the issue untreated.

Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]