Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Acid Reflux? Omeprazole? 

Post Acid Reflux? Omeprazole?
How many of you have acid reflux or used Omeprazole?

I ask because I upped my dosage from 20mg to 40mg several months before this all started, and wondering if it's related. Also, SIBO is linked to proton pump inhibitors (Omeprazole) and read some posts about SIBO leading to prostatitis,

Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:34 am

Post Re: Acid Reflux? Omeprazole?
See this post:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1323&p=10023

Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:02 pm

Spikespiegal wrote:
How many of you have acid reflux or used Omeprazole?

I ask because I upped my dosage from 20mg to 40mg several months before this all started, and wondering if it's related. Also, SIBO is linked to proton pump inhibitors (Omeprazole) and read some posts about SIBO leading to prostatitis,

I

I take Nexium and Aleve together to prevent stomach ulcer for arthritis related pain. vimovo is same thing.

Omeprazole should also be taken fwe hours apart doxy to avoid any burning / stomach ulcer.

YOu cannot get prostate infection from nexium.

DUDE, everyone on this board has done some sort of sexual activity for prostate issue to start. Period.

Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:20 pm

Many of my patients have gut issues as well as pelvic pain. For some their gut is the catalyst for their CPPS/CP and requires guidance from a Nutritionist (I use my wife). Inflammation in the gut from an imbalance in the flora, conditions like Crohns, SIBO and H-Pylori can cause an inflammatory response elsewhere in the body, including the pelvis and genital organs. These gut conditions can be tested and treated relatively easily. Quite often this ceases any pelvic pain conditions, but each patients is unique and requires a bespoke program.

Omeprazole (and similar drugs) are not good for long term usage as they stop the stomach acid from cleaning the food, which in itself can set up further inflammation due to poor absorption of food in the small intestines.

Seeing a good Nutritionist will help you to understand and reduce your refulx (plus get the necessary testing to identify any issues)

Hope this helps

Karl Monahan
http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... inic.co.uk

Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]