Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Bromelain and Quercetin helped me 

Post Bromelain and Quercetin helped me
I have had approxamately 14 bouts of prostatitis since 2006. They have ranged in length from 2 months to almost 9. I'm 57 years old, and other than prostate trouble am in good health. I have been on Bactrim, Cipro, and Levaquin. Bactrim worked the best for me, Cipro did nothing, and Levaquin only partly relieved my symptoms. I recently went off Levaquin after deciding it wasn't really helping me enough to risk staying on it for extended periods of time. In the past several years I've wasted more money than I care to think about on so called miracle pills and other Internet garbage.
I'm now taking a combination of Bromelain/Quercetin, 500mg twice a day. I take it in the morning about an hour before breakfast and again in the evening on an empty stomach. My symptoms have gotten much better in a short period of time. They are not gone, but the pain and discomfort have been reduced to a level that does not impact my day to day life. In other words I'm feeling better on this than I've ever felt on antibiotics. Now I don't know if this will last, but so far it's encouraging. So if anyone hasn't tried this or if you are looking at a way to take a break from antibiotics this might be worth looking into.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:17 pm

Post Re: Bromelain and Quercetin helped me
Thought I would update my progress. The feeling of sitting on a tennis ball is completely gone. The burning after urinating is probably half of what it was, and now only occasionally do I even notice it. Pain after ejaculation is still noticible, but much less than before.
I can't say I've noticed any side effects from these 2 supplements, plus I feel much better after quitting the flomax. My flow did become worse at first, but now it's as good as it was on flomax. I should say I was on it for almost 7 yrs, and for 3 of those yrs I was on the max dosage, 0.8 per day. My Dr informed me that the longer I was on it the chance of side effects getting worse was probable, and he was right. So anyway all is improving and hope to post more good news in a few weeks.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:08 am

Madcap,
I'm feeling the same. I'm not sure if it is the quercetin, Bromelain, or the Q-urol. Anywho, it seems to be reducing my siymptoms. Thank you for the positive advice.

Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:03 am

Richard1969,

That's great news.. I'm still doing much better. The symptoms I do have are minor and not lasting long enough to cause me discomfort. Also I'm having no side effects and that is a major plus compared to other treatments I've tried or read about. The cost of the supplement, I'm taking the vitamedica brand, is less than $60 a month so that's reasonable considering how well it's been working.
Thanks for sharing the good news and I hope you continue to feel better.

Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:26 am

Glad to know about your Improvement.
Which brand of Bromelain/Quercetin are you using. Is it a two separate supplements or combination of these 2 in a one..

Thanks..

Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:24 am

I use Vitamedica brand. 2 capsules in morning about 30 minutes before I eat, and again in the evening about 30 minutes before dinner. Vitamedica has equal amounts of both ingredients. There are many brands but this is the only one I used and it did help me more than anything else I've tried.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:29 pm

Madcap, how long did it take you to notice that Quercetin/Bromelain was making a difference?

Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:18 am

dawg16509 wrote:
Madcap, how long did it take you to notice that Quercetin/Bromelain was making a difference?

Dawg, are you currently taking these supps? Reading Madcap's messages it seems he noticed improvement in about five weeks.

Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]