Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Anyone else experiencing ankle pain with Prostatitis? 

Post Anyone else experiencing ankle pain with Prostatitis?
Dear all,

I noticed that my urinary symptoms got worse in August last year. In mid September , I woke up one morning and found that my left ankle was hurting. I was surprised because there was no trauma to the ankle at all. I saw the Urologist in October who examined my prostate and said I have non bacterial Prostatitis. I asked him if my ankle pain could be related to my prostate and he said no. I thought the ankle pain would go away in a couple of months but it did not. I had a couple of physio sessions which was making it worse.

I'm having a MRI done on Monday and will get the results next week.

However, I would like to know if anyone else has experienced mystery ankle pain since being diagnosed with Prostatitis? Please share your experience if so.

I'm hoping the MRI shows that there is some injury to the ankle and I can get that treated. However, I get a feeling this is somehow related to my Prostatitis.

Thanks

Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:17 pm

Post Re: Anyone else experiencing ankle pain with Prostatitis?
Could it be a side effect of antibiotics?

Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:49 am

Check Davids stickied thread a common cause of prostatitis, hes experience is that when you suffer an ankle injury it causes a shift in your pelvis this places strain on your si joint and pelvic floor causing prostatitis type symptoms.

Its worth a read and he's post explains he's own experience.

Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:08 am

jaumeb wrote:

Thanks for your reply

My ankle pain started about 6 weeks before I started my course of antibiotics.

Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:15 pm

Pritesh wrote:
Dear all,

I noticed that my urinary symptoms got worse in August last year. In mid September , I woke up one morning and found that my left ankle was hurting. I was surprised because there was no trauma to the ankle at all. I saw the Urologist in October who examined my prostate and said I have non bacterial Prostatitis. I asked him if my ankle pain could be related to my prostate and he said no. I thought the ankle pain would go away in a couple of months but it did not. I had a couple of physio sessions which was making it worse.

I'm having a MRI done on Monday and will get the results next week.

However, I would like to know if anyone else has experienced mystery ankle pain since being diagnosed with Prostatitis? Please share your experience if so.

I'm hoping the MRI shows that there is some injury to the ankle and I can get that treated. However, I get a feeling this is somehow related to my Prostatitis.

Thanks

If you were taking a fluroquinoline like cipro or doxycycline at the time of your ankle pain - it could be tendon pain as this is a common side effect of these meds.

Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:20 pm

Pritesh wrote:
jaumeb wrote:

Thanks for your reply

My ankle pain started about 6 weeks before I started my course of antibiotics.

Some CPPS patients suffer from joint pain. I have never read nothing specific about ankle pain.

Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:13 am

Sometimes I feel like when my prostatitis pain is the worst I can feel it reverberating in the soles of my feet. But I've never read anything that would make me think that the kind of ankle pain you describe could be cause by prostatitis. If they are related then it seems like it would have to be in an indirect way. Like someone mentioned above, Cipro can cause problems. Or I was just looking at another thread about reactive arthritis, which is a disease that could cause both joint and urinary/prostate symptoms (among others.)

Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:02 am

MRI shows I have inflamation in my left ankle. My consultant is blaming it on that I have flat feet and overtime it has done this. He does not believe it is related to the Prostatitis but wants to refer me to Rheumatoligist who may be better place.

Maybe it's not related but the the timing is too coincidental. My ankles felt fine (no problem) until about 4-6 weeks after my Prostatitis symptoms started.

I had steroid injections in place last week. Seeing the consultant next week for a follow up. No improvement so far.

Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:58 am

I have ankle and hip pain. Not nearly as bad as the penile pain but all of them started during a similar time period.

Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:53 am

I have sometimes a burning in the ankles and feet, specially I notice it when standing, for example when I urinate. I don't know if that is related to the prostatitis. I think this thing is making my lower body weird.

Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:05 pm

I get knee, ankle, and arm pains. Has been undiagnosed for one year. Fibromyalgia is a co morbidity with prostatitis and it is very painful, so it could be this. So the lesson is: look after your gut otherwise more bad things can happen, I'm pretty sure my gut problem triggered this whole thing. If it is just one ankle, that probably is un related.

Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]