Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Reflux of Urine and Semen into the Prostate 

Post Reflux of Urine and Semen into the Prostate
I've been giving this some thought lately since I have chronic hesitation when trying to urinate, it's really difficult to start the initial stream. It's also more difficult to urinate in the morning when I wake up than any other time.

Lately I've been thinking that urine and possibly even seminal reflux into my prostate have led to a chronic cycle inflammation. This would also explain why there's no infection found in my PES, or in urinalysis.

So, here's the theory, I got an initial infection, antibiotics cleared it. However, the infection caused a lot of prostatitic inflammation, which then caused urine and seminal reflux when urinating, or when ejaculating. The reflux of semen and urine causes more inflammation, kind of like a vicious cycle of prostatitis.

If that's the case, it would mean that alpha blockers, if taken straight for a couple of months a long with anti-inflammatories (herbal, or medicinal) should clear up the problem. This could also apply to guys who have the urge to urinate several times during the day or night as well.

What do you guys think? Dr. Toth explained to me how the urinary ductal system works, it's kind of like a pump / valve system. Certain ducts open during urination, other's open during ejaculation. Sometimes if our ducts don't function properly due to infection, or just plain inflammation, we'll get symptoms.

Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:17 pm

Post Re: Reflux of Urine and Semen into the Prostate
I managed to abstain for 11 days while stretching pelvis quads lower back and hamstrings. I felt normal again. Like it all went away didnt even have post void dribbling. Then I messed it up though I ejaculated three days in a row (once a day). I'm thinkin there was an an infection and the prostate never gets a chance to heal and get rid of the inflamatory response because we never give it enough rest. Like you said there's no infection found in you so it's probably inflammation which in turn is causing things not to function the right way (reflux) in the prostate which is leading to more inflammation. My symptoms returned though not as bad as before. Im going to abstain for another 10-14 days, relax, stretch, and try my best to never ejaculate more than once in a short time fame. Maybe I gotta give my prostate 4-5 days After an ejaculation to recover better. Idk I suggest u try something similar. It really worked for me, no placebo it truly worked and I'm pissed because I ruined it. But now I know if I abstain I can feel normal again.

Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:35 pm

There could be some truth in the "reflux" theory. Akward ejaculatory practices such as "edging", ejaculating outside and repetitive ejaculation seem to worsen this condition. My guess is that in natural sex when the penis is completely inside, the women's contractions help in pumping everything out (or in, from her perspective).

Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:55 pm

This is actually what may uro thinks is happening with me right now. He put me on an a-blocker low dose to see if it calms down the urinary issues which are sporadic at this point. See my thread for the details.

Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:59 pm

There is a page of the prostatitis foundation about urine reflux:
http://www.prostatitis.org/allopurinol.html

Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]