Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Change of medication - Tamsulosin to Solifenacin 

Post Change of medication - Tamsulosin to Solifenacin
I am a 60 year old male and I was diagnosed with an enlarged prostate a number of years ago, my doctor prescribed Tamsulosin to help with the enlarged prostate. This worked well for a few years although now it seems to have little effect, back to a poor stream and back and forth to the toilet several times a night. My doctor has now prescribed me with Solifenacin which I have been taking for a few days and my condition if anything is worse, back and forth the toilet in the daytime. Anyone else been prescribed Solifenacin instead of Tamsulosin and if so was there any improvement?

I am sure that my problems maybe prostatitis, many of the symptoms that others have experienced are similar to mine. These are, pain genital area, groin area, lower back left hand side and the only thing that relieves the pain is a hot soak in the bath. My doctor has done various tests for infections, but my tests always comes back ok.

Perhaps it is the non-bacterial version that I am suffering with? any comments would be very much appreciated..

Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]