Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Gluten as the cause of Prostatitis 

Post Gluten as the cause of Prostatitis
Hi guys, I read a page somewhere on the 'net about a guy who had a massive decrease in PP (pelvic pain) symptoms when he stopped eating gluten.

I'm doing the same. Has anyone else tried this? Other people here are saying milk products cause inflammation and make PP worse, and I agree with that too.

Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:47 am

Post Re: Gluten as the cause of Prostatitis
Its definately worth trying diary and gluten free for a while. Diet is an important component in treating prostatitis. If it is severe and chronic and does not respond to diet, time, physiotherapy, or antibiotics, I can only recommend naproxen and lyrica, this does help me, i have tried many things.

Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:53 am

It can be, this is too what an urologist told me to avoid gluten & sugar.
Didn't find any real improvement, but I think it should be beneficial in long term.

Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:08 am

I have avoided gluten and dairy for the last seven years. And yes, there are other patients on a gluten free dairy free diet.

Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:22 am

I have been avoiding gluten about one year and it didn't work for me. I think there are another causes. Maybe gluten is one thing, among others, difficult to digest and there are a problem with the guts bacteria or something. I mean, gluten maybe not be the problem, but a consequence of a larger unbalance.

Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:53 pm

I definitely think it's helping! 8-)

Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:19 am

Jeremy wrote:
I definitely think it's helping! 8-)

Good news. Thanks for telling us about your improvement.

Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:02 am

I am beginning to think that Leaky Gut, and dysbiosis is the cause of most of our problems. With leaky gut, certain vitamins and minerals do not get absorbed properly, inflammation results in the body, probably not just in the prostate, but in the GI system. You can find out if you have low good flora supposedly by looking at the color of your tongue. If there's a lot of white, or if you have any GI symptoms, probably should begin taking some probiotics.

Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:12 am

That matches with my case. My tongue is white, specially when I wake up, and I feel a bad flavour. What can I exactly take to correct a gut flora unbalance and leaky guts? Anyone have had any good experience with any concrete probiotic? I would appreciate help with this.

Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:14 pm

Yeah leaky gut is probably behind my problems. I figure I may have damaged it by years of drug use and eating too much spicy food, possibly stress related too. Definitely avoiding gluten and diary can help with some probiotics. Im going to give the probiotic thing a go, probably isn't going to hurt. I tried gluten and diary free and no result after a month, maybe I'll give it another shot sometime, but it is so hard.

Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:44 pm

There are a few methods, one would be to kill the bad flora, and repopulate with good flora. This can be done with certain medication and probiotics. Also, a very strict diet with low sugar and very low carbs (even natural ones) throughout the duration of the medication and probiotic courses will also help. This may take 30 days, or may take months. It really depends on how unbalanced the person is. Also, pesticides come in many forms, especially on food, and in water. Even if you wash your fruits and vegetables, quite often those chemicals still hang around, even if they're reduced by the washing process. Probiotics would possibly need to be taken for life unless you eat strictly organic foods, which is very costly.

VSL3 can supposedly fix intestinal flora, it takes a few weeks though of continued usage. Eventually the good flora will over take the bad and you will balance out without having to take medication. At least that's how it's represented in their diagrams on their website.

I have done a little research into dysbiosis, but not very much. It is up to you to guys to confirm or deny as it's all new info to me as well, I'm still weeding through it myself.

Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]